Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956 ... LastLast

Default Re: ABC's of Stargate ver.1

N - Neat game that reminds me of Yahtzee.

O - Only I like Yahtzee better. I have a free version of it on my iPad that I play once in a while.

P - Pleased I will be to learn about you new game, pscard. Sounds interesting!
    Turas maith, slán abhaile
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home)

John 3:16
    Sidney Freedman from M*A*S*H: "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Q -- Quintet sounds medieval --
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

R - Rules of Quintet (so far):

1. The game is played with five players and one dealer.
    2. Each player receives 10 cards while the dealers holds on to the remaining two.
    3. Each player starts with 10 chips (or pennies, toothpicks, mini Tootsie Rolls, etc.).
    4. A high card is based on the numerical value of that card regardless of suit (I may change this to include the suit to avoid a tie). An ace beats all.
    5. As the players turn up each card, those with the lowest cards drop a chip into the pot.
    6. In the event of a high-card tie of two or more players, neither player contributes to the pot.
    7. A player leaves the game when they run out of chips.
    8. The game continues until one player is left and has won the entire pot.
    9. In the event there are two players left and all their cards have been played, each player selects one card from the remaining two. The one with the highest wins the entire pot.

T - Tell me what you think.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

U -- Understanding the rules, I do, so that's always a good start. I hate it when I'm playing a new game and it takes me eons to figure out the rules. I'd play with chocolates -- chances are I'd have eaten them before I run out.

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

V - Verily, one should not eat their winnings before the game is over.

W - While the game is simple, it involves no strategy by the players.
    (Chosen One)

Quote Originally Posted by pscard View Post
    V - Verily, one should not eat their winnings before the game is over.
    X - X-amount of luck I have, it's better I eat my chips before the game is over or I'll go hungry.

Y - Yet I'm reminded of this song:

Z - Zero is all you'll have if you eat all your winnings while sitting at the table. There'll be time enough for eating when the dealing's done.

A - Advice brought to you by The Gambler.
    (Chosen One)

B -- But it's chocolate, and I'm Belgian so it will be very yummy chocolate.

C -- Currently not on Belgian soil, but on Spanish soil. Vacation on the island of Mallorca. About time too.

D - Done with the stuffy nose and coughing, done with the sinuses draining into my throat.

E - Enough already! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

F - Finding no relief at all, and the doctor won't do anything if I don't have a fever, which I don't. So I don't know what to do. I though about getting some Flonase, but that's for allergies, which this isn't.

G - Garbage for weather here today. Rainy, cold, and cloudy. Ugh!
    Turas maith, slán abhaile
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home)

John 3:16
    Sidney Freedman from M*A*S*H: "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

First Lieutenant

H = Have you (imzadi35) tried sleeping at a higher degree incline, say 70 to 80 degrees? I invested in a supportive triangular pillow, which helped take the place of two firm pillows. Then added a bunch of pillows on top to prop me up and provide firm support for my spine as well. It took a while to get used to, but I usually prop myself up on the couch now when I go to that sort of extreme incline level, and sleep there instead. Plus, I need a firm mattress for my back, otherwise, my spine silently screams in agony from the poor sleeping posture(s).

I = I've used up to 5 pillows to support my head with firm foam pads to keep most of my back/spinal column straight (instead of slumping from too soft of support underneath). It didn't cure my ailments overnight, but it does help a lot. Plus, I had to use Vick's vapor rub (or a generic brand equivalent) in order to breathe from the stuffy sinuses clogging up in my sleep. Add a box of tissues, plus maybe a humidifier / mist thingy to moisten the air while sleeping.

J = Just also mentioning that when I take Nyquil (generic store brand, tho) for stuffy head colds, I do NOT take my regular allergy medicine (Sudafed PE, generic brand tho). I accidentally did that once and lost both meds shortly after from vomiting. So, learned my lesson the hard route. Forfeit one or the other, just to get some sort of a good night's worth of sleep. Half a dose of Nyquil/generic helps me sleep better than at a full dose, too..

K - Kinda like to sip some Tabasco sauce or anything spicy to help relieve nasal stuffiness.

L - Likewise, Vick's Vapor Rub may help. Apply a little just inside your nostrils.
    (Chosen One)

M -- Might want to try some sea or ocean air if you're anywhere close to such a water body. Currently residing on a tiny island in the Mediterranean and the air is awesome.

N - Nice is the Mediterranean. I've swam in it the few times when visiting Sicily and love the weather. It's almost like Florida.
    (Chosen One)

O - Our Gate Forum people had closed several Christianity threads.

P - Prayer found in the church bulletin I want to share in honor of those who lost their lives at the concert this week:

Eternal rest, grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed through mercy of God rest in peace.
    Amen.
    (Chosen One)

Q -- Questing for wifi at the moment. It keeps failing on me, and thus it means I've been moving my chair around on the terras until I'm back in range. I'm so spoiled at home with my wifi going every which way.

R -- Rotten bugs getting in my juice -- IT'S MINE!! OUT!! Find your own juice.

S -- Started today with a kayak-trip out at sea. Where the wind and water are your only companions and the sun is bright and high in the sky. That's where my happy place is.

T -- This also means, I'm away from the news and to be fair, with everything that's happened this week, I'm rather okay with not being bombarded with the sadness coming out of the UK. #WeStandTogether

U - Undeniably sad the terrorist act at the concert. We grieve with you and pray for the families of the victims.

V - Violence does not solve problems. It only causes them.
    (Chosen One)

W -- Why prayers? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you shouldn't if that's your thing. But why pray? Prayers don't solve anything, nor do good thoughts or vibes or whatever. Like they will change anything. Actions change things -- and I'm not saying actions like banning an entire religious group from entering your country (which was struck down indefinitel -- thank you ACLU) -- but actions which brings people together. Instead of dividing, we need to stand together. Open our arms to welcome those in need, running from wars or famine. Help people that need help. Get to know our neighbors, and other cultures and traditions.

X -- I'm sorry if this strikes a cord somewhere. I don't mean this in any negative way. I just feel the more we know of each other, the less likely we are to hurt one another -- psychologically and physically. After all, wars never really solve anything.

First Lieutenant

Z = Zenith.. peak position and performance at the top -- just saying that because the word exists in our English dictionary..

A = Awesome are those prayers that are answered, not by human hands, but by TPTB which no human can ever reach, mend, or heal by natural means. That is why prayers help and are sometimes needed. That is why some people pray. Faith comes when carrying that burden of prayer alone.. and it grows each time our *faith* is tested. It's for stuff that goes beyond what our realm of reality cannot touch or reach. I understand what pscard is saying (and why). Humans reaching out to humans is one reality--and yes, humans can resolve some earthly issues on their own strength and merit. But the level of prayer that I think pscard is referring to goes far beyond what humans are capable of achieving.

B = Be yee energized!!! There is a special aura of energy that only some people can visibly see around other life forms and even objects. I can see the edges of this energy field, but have never seen colors around it on anything. I wonder if it has something to do with the constant hum or buzz in my ears -- I hear energy flowing, but cannot stop the noise, which some people label as tinnitus. Sometimes the pitch changes, but it only lasts that way for a few seconds.

C - 'Cause prayers are about reaching out to God with love for one another. Prayers are also offered to forgive, for guidance, for help of another, for strength, and for so many other reasons.
    (Chosen One)

D -- Damn it, too hot outside. I know, I shouldn't complain about the awesome spring/summer weather but damn... I'm melting nonetheless.

E -- Even so, the temperature should go down again tomorrow so we'll be good again. No more melting. For now.

F -- For the record, thanks for the explanation on the prayer-thing. Saw a LOTR-style meme, which takes the #PrayersFor and shows it the way I said in so many words, why the prayers instead of action. Maybe I can find it again -- it was on Twitter last week so may have to dig a little -- apparently a popular image (I didn't know):

Made me LOL hard though.