Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have instructions to build a replicator bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have instructions to build a replicator bug?

I have 150 double sided replicator blocks casted from my screen used blocks, and I can make more. Does anyone have instructions to build a replicator bug?

Oh I would love to see how you do this, maybe with pictures? My idea came from this over at this link here. He doesn't have step by step instructions, but his pictures do show the parts he put together, and the things he used.

Comment

Originally posted by chevron View Post
      I have 150 double sided replicator blocks casted from my screen used blocks, and I can make more. Does anyone have instructions to build a replicator bug?
      try using the pepakura paper block assy instructions as a guide. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=s...79%3B734%3B800
      sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

Originally posted by RunnerRonon View Post
        Oh I would love to see how you do this, maybe with pictures? My idea came from this over at this link here. He doesn't have step by step instructions, but his pictures do show the parts he put together, and the things he used.
        I already saw that when you showed it to me, you just reminded me. Not sure if I'll even be able to do this, but I will try. I'll probably just try to glue a few blocks together and see how they connect, and how difficult and sturdy it is. I'll do that soon.

If I end up doing this I'll try to upload pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Stubba2 View Post
          try using the pepakura paper block assy instructions as a guide. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=s...79%3B734%3B800
          That's really helpful! Might be able to make it now. Thank you

Comment

That's really helpful! Might be able to make it now. Thank you
            Also found this one for a different version of the replicator with wings
            https://www.google.com.au/search?q=s...2F%3B562%3B430
            sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

I love replicators, which is why I am so excited about this. Just the idea of building one myself, and putting it on display sounds amazing to me! I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this thread, to see if anyone else has any ideas on how to do this

Comment

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/news3.cfm

I'd like to make one like the warp kit, short legs. Where are those instructions?

Comment

Ok so I just did my first test, took 8 blocks and tried to glue them with two different glues, none of them are strong enough. I also realized how hard it's going to be.

I'll try super glue as soon as I can run to the store and get some more!

Comment

Second test went great. Lots of cleaning up the glue from the blocks or it'll look messy, and takes a lot more work, but might be strong enough. It would still be extremely fragile though.

Comment

A big thank you to andy19422! He gave me the instructions to build the warp kit. Think I should be able to make it, but will have to give myself some time. Probably at least two months.

Comment

A big thank you to andy19422! He gave me the instructions to build the warp kit. Think I should be able to make it, but will have to give myself some time. Probably at least two months.
                        So R U going to post the instructions?

Comment

Originally posted by Stubba2 View Post
                          So R U going to post the instructions?
                          I don't know if andy19422 would be ok with it. He sent them to me privately, if you want them, I'd ask him.

I will however be posting the process of making it

Comment

Originally posted by RunnerRonon View Post
                            I love replicators, which is why I am so excited about this. Just the idea of building one myself, and putting it on display sounds amazing to me! I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this thread, to see if anyone else has any ideas on how to do this
                            I've thought about how to do it... I just don't have any blocks..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              I've thought about how to do it... I just don't have any blocks..
                              How will you do it PH?

I've got replica blocks if you want some. Also got screen used blocks, could trade for some models?

Comment

Working...
                              X