Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Obituary Thread

'Beverly Hillbillies' Actress Donna Douglas Dies at 81

Donna Douglas, best known for her role as the tomboy, critter-loving Elly May Clampett on the 1960s fish-out-of-water CBS sitcom The Beverly Hillbillies, died on New Year’s Day. She was 81.

Douglas' niece Charlene Smith confirmed the news to The Associated Press and said the actress died of pancreatic cancer in her home in Zachary, La. WAFB Channel 9 in Louisiana earlier reported the passing.
    Last edited by pscard; 02 January 2015, 05:03 PM.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

'Gilmore Girls' Star Edward Herrmann Dies at 71

Herrmann also was the father of Macaulay Culkin in Richie Rich (1994) and the villainous Max in The Lost Boys (1987), and he appeared in six episodes of CBS' The Good Wife as lawyer Lionel Deerfield.
    Last edited by pscard; 02 January 2015, 05:04 PM.
    (Chosen One)

Comment

Singer Joe Cocker Dies at 70

Cocker performed at the Woodstock Festival in 1969 and charted 19 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, including familiar recordings like 1968's "With a Little Help From My Friends"
      (Chosen One)

Comment

From Blastr: RIP actor Rod Taylor, 1930 - 2015

(Chosen One)

Comment

From TV Guide: Star Trek Star Leonard Nimoy Dies at 83

Leonard Nimoy, the character actor most famous for playing Mr. Spock in the original Star Trek television series and feature films, has died, according to The New York Times. He was 83.

Nimoy, who was rushed to the hospital last week with chest pains, died in his Bel Air, Calif. home, his wife confirmed. The actor had been suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
          Last edited by pscard; 27 February 2015, 09:28 AM.
          (Chosen One)

Comment

A Tribute.
            (Chosen One)

Comment

From Blastr: Leonard Nimoy passes away at the age of 83

(Chosen One)

Comment

From NASA:

Astronauts Mark Leonard Nimoy’s Passing:

(Chosen One)

Comment

From NASA:
                  http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/image...l#.VPD74yyI8rU

The Shuttle Enterprise

In 1976, NASA's space shuttle Enterprise rolled out of the Palmdale manufacturing facilities and was greeted by NASA officials and cast members from the 'Star Trek' television series.

From left to right they are: NASA Administrator Dr. James D. Fletcher; DeForest Kelley, who portrayed Dr. "Bones" McCoy on the series; George Takei (Mr. Sulu); James Doohan (Chief Engineer Montgomery "Scotty" Scott); Nichelle Nichols (Lt. Uhura); Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock); series creator Gene Roddenberry; U.S. Rep. Don Fuqua (D.-Fla.); and, Walter Koenig (Ensign Pavel Chekov).

NASA is mourning the passing today, Feb. 27, 2015, of actor Leonard Nimoy, most famous for his role as Star Trek's Vulcan science officer Mr. Spock. The sci-fi classic served as an inspiration for many at NASA over the years, and Nimoy joined other cast members at special NASA events and worked to promote NASA missions, as in this 2007 video he narrated before the launch of the Dawn mission to the asteroid belt. Nimoy also was there for the 1976 rollout of the shuttle Enterprise, named for the show's iconic spacecraft.
                  (Chosen One)

Comment

I too, want to add my sympathies and sorrow on the death and passing of Leonard Nimoy. No matter that he tried to be logical and totally Vulcan, he always managed to make me laugh and even shed a tear or two now and then. I've seen/heard him in other roles, but to me he will always be Mr. Spock of Vulcan. Live Long and Prosper, Mr. Nimoy. Fly high into the Heavens forever! \\//
                    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Percy Sledge, soul balladeer of ‘When a Man Loves a Woman,’ dies at 74

(Chosen One)

Comment

This happened a few days ago, but still sad...
                        http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/jam...tnydailynews11

https://youtu.be/NAGaNnKzWRM

Comment

Suzanne Crough, who played the youngest kid in "The Partridge Family" dead at 52.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...amily-actress/

Sheesh, I'm getting too damned old. She was a kid, younger than I when I used to watch that show. So sad to see anyone die that young.

Comment

Grace Lee Whitney, who was Yeoman Rand in Star Trek: TOS died.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/gra...id=mailsignout

Also Ben E. King died as well.

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituar...502-story.html

Comment

I feel really bad about this because I just found out about her passing.

I'm going to miss the prettiest Yeoman in Starfleet.
                              (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                              X