No announcement yet.

12 Monkeys coming on SYFY (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blimey that's a different way to do things, only ever time I remember a proper tv series doing that was Torchwood's Children of Earth series that was aired over the course of a week on the BBC.

Of course that means a longer break to season 4...

Comment

I take that as a positive sign. So at least they can end it on their own terms, but I am confused by that Season 3 Weekend. WTH? So 5 Episodes a day or more like "A Year in the life of the Gilmores" in movielength?
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
        Blimey that's a different way to do things, only ever time I remember a proper tv series doing that was Torchwood's Children of Earth series that was aired over the course of a week on the BBC.

Of course that means a longer break to season 4...
        Syfy have done it quite a few times with their mini series like Wizard of Oz, Childhood End and Ascension.

Comment

Doh of course they have, how could i forget about those three?

Edit: 12 Monkeys isnt a mini series is it? This is the equivalent of CBS dropping the entire NCIS series over a weekend in October instead of playing out one episode a week, its unusual in that respect.

Comment

The only time I remember syfy showing a actual series (not a mini-series) over a weekend or something was when they showed the most of the second half of Caprica during one after it was canceled (i might be mis-remembering this though).
            sigpic

Comment

Well it does sound like they're burning it all off over a weekend which I won't be able to catch them all as work, ect gets in the way. I will have to catch up on demand, I guess.
              I am looking forward to season 3, and I'm pleased it got a 4th season.

Comment

That was a pretty good Season 3 over this weekend and the ending was interresting. Lucky they picked it up for a fourth and final Season so the Story could be finished. I feared this was it and that would have been a odd end to the Series.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

I liked the structure of the season. Each night had its own arc that ended that began and ended that night.

Looking forward to the last season.
                  sigpic

Comment

I DVR'ed S3 over the weekend, and ordered S1/2 on BD, which arrived Monday. Going to binge the entire series so far shortly. I've really liked this show so far, and I'm glad they will get a chance to end it properly, like they did with Haven and to a lesser degree, Continuum.

Comment

I thought this was the final season until seeing that 12 Monkeys will be back in 2018. Now if they would do something about the obscene language...
                      Total syffy posts: 36,690
                      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                      Matthew 5:9

Comment

Yeah the language seems to be the thing these days. Same with the Expanse. both shows I enjoy otherwise, would be just as good without the language.
                        Now a rant: I'm not fond of this burning a season off over a weekend. I was not able to watch at all due to being out of town, plus work. However, I guess it's better than not getting a Season 3 at all.
                        I'm up to episode 5 right now. It's definitely holding my interest, and looking forward to when I can catch up with the next 5 episodes on Demand. I'm too busy to be able to binge watch anything most of the time, so I like it when I only have one episode to catch up with, rather than 10. However as I stated, I'm glad we got a Season 3.

Comment

I dunno, I think I like it. I don't have the luxury of burning it off in on or two sessions, but I like not having to wait a week between bits. I ordered S1/2 on BD, and DVR'ed 3. With summer approaching, there won't be as much to make time to watch, so I can watch it over a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                            I thought this was the final season until seeing that 12 Monkeys will be back in 2018. Now if they would do something about the obscene language...
                            ...Yeah I noticed maybe one f-bomb dropped.

So?
                            sigpic

Comment

It's probably all the other bits that SyFy doesn't censor they are talking about, I did have to laugh at their choice of character for the f-bomb, so appropriate, if anyone was going to do it, it was her.

Swearing is a lot more prevalent on UK TV nowdays, you are quiet a few years behind us now, so I guess I'm kind of used to it, but I do tend to agree slightly, use it when necessary, like they did, the day it starts creaping in to regular conversation like it has in the real world now, is the day I stop watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                                It's probably all the other bits that SyFy doesn't censor they are talking about, I did have to laugh at their choice of character for the f-bomb, so appropriate, if anyone was going to do it, it was her.

Swearing is a lot more prevalent on UK TV nowdays, you are quiet a few years behind us now, so I guess I'm kind of used to it, but I do tend to agree slightly, use it when necessary, like they did, the day it starts creaping in to regular conversation like it has in the real world now, is the day I stop watching.
                                I have to admit, I might not even notice if its used just once. I love to watch Graham Norton and even there the Guests are often confused on whats acceptable on European TV. That reminds me of a similar post on "The magicians" thread. I quite enjoy the Series, but they tend to swear alot even if its bleeped out, but its still on the air and renewed for a new Season. Yet there are People botherd by just one F-bomb in a otherwise pretty dark Series. I dont get it, how does Magicians survive without People going bonkers over their usage of swearwords and here just one was enough to be bothersome.
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                                X