12 Monkeys coming on SYFY (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    How can you make an entire series out of 12 Monkeys?
    That's a good question!!

Comment

If it continues any length of time, it may end up sort of like Continuum, with multiple time lines he has to unravel.

Comment

12 Monkeys is one of my favorite movies, and I really like Aaron Stanford and some of the other actors who are going to be in this series, so I'm looking forward to watching it. They're going to have to diverge (a lot) from the movie to actually make an entire series out of it. I really don't mind that, as long as it's interesting and done well; I'm definitely willing to give it a chance.
        sigpic

Comment

An interview for the series

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/int...nford-and.html

Comment

I wonder, is the series a remake of the film?

I've got the film in my collection but have never watched it.

Edit: curiosity got the better of me so I watched it, interesting film, now I wonder how the TV series will differ, I'd imagine there being more trips back and forth to pad out the episodes.
            Last edited by Ian-S; 09 January 2015, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
              I guess that means I can have the avatar I want in about five years.
              Probably take me about that long too. I don't even have 2 green boxes yet. No idea how that works, appears to be random, but I suspect there's more to it than that.

Comment

a sneak peek

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/12-...neak-peek.html

Comment

The first nine-minute preview looks good.
                  Total syffy posts: 36,690
                  (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                  Matthew 5:9

Comment

a favroublle review
                    http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/12-monkey...remiere-review

Comment

Ok.
                      Having watched the pilot for this, I like what I've seen so far, with only a few quibbles.

Spoiler:
                      Obviously Cassandra & Cole are going to end up 'shipping. While a distraction from the story, it won't bother me unless they overplay it, trying to make it the story.

Cole apparently contradicts himself in the scene where he shoots Leland. He says "Mother nature doesn't like it when you rearrange her furniture", and then shoots Leland in an attempt to do just that.

I think this might have been better as a mini-series or a movie, however. Time travel yarns are great, but if you try to run them too long, the plot lines become far too twisted and convoluted for the writers to keep straight. Hopefully, they can become an exception to this rule, as Continuum is.

Will have to locate the original film and watch that, though.

Comment

I was looking forward to watching this, and liked the first episode. I had the same thoughts as posted above. Also,
                        Spoiler:
                        I did find myself wondering why, if they had the technology in 2043 to create a time machine and alter Cole's physiololgy, why couldn't they come up with a cure to the plague, instead, and therefore have to avoid killing Frost and tracking down the others? Or did I hear the virus mutated too much? Never saw the original movie will have to get it and view it. The guy who plays Frost( can't remember his name at the moment) is always cast in bad guy/creepy roles!

Comment

Newbie here. I just finished watching the pilot and I've got to say that this looks like one of the more promising Syfy shows. I've never seen the movie so I have nothing to compare it with. I like that Aaron Stanford is cast in this (I liked him in Nikita), but I'm not too sure about the casting of Amanda Schull. I'm giving it a chance and we'll see.

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                            I was looking forward to watching this, and liked the first episode. I had the same thoughts as posted above. Also,
                            Spoiler:
                            I did find myself wondering why, if they had the technology in 2043 to create a time machine and alter Cole's physiololgy, why couldn't they come up with a cure to the plague, instead, and therefore have to avoid killing Frost and tracking down the others? Or did I hear the virus mutated too much? Never saw the original movie will have to get it and view it. The guy who plays Frost( can't remember his name at the moment) is always cast in bad guy/creepy roles!
                            Spoiler:
                            I think I remember them saying something about needing the pure original virus to develop a cure.

Comment

Thanks Annoyed that makes sense.

I agree with your observation
                              Spoiler:
                              Cassandra and Cole will end up 'shipping but I think the writers will probably throw some barriers in the way of their being able to be together.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                                Spoiler:

Different tech.
                                Total syffy posts: 36,690
                                (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                                Matthew 5:9

Comment

Working...
                                X