Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
    Spoiler:
    Regarding the ending, thats why I'm not a huge fan of time travel unless it is done properly (aka continuum), it's a bit of an ambiguous ending, if they had deleted Cole from the timeline and secretly sent him to a point prior to where he first met Cassie (since he never ended up in the back of her car) then she wouldn't know who he was, and neither would Miss Goins, but she clearly remembers him when he turns up on the beach and so does Cassie when he turns up at the house.

It's like they thought, we can't wipe him from the timeline because that will undo 5 years of the story, as that isn't logical, so let's make it a happy ending and hope viewers don't think about it too much.

Continuum got it right because the story was told from her perspective, this got a bit confusing once they got past season 3.

But having said that, I still liked it and will rewatch it.
    Spoiler:
    First watch, I thought it was Cassie had stopped Titan, they all went back to original timeline except Cole, who went to Cassie's. But upon rewatch, I changed my mind. Cole's voiceover at the end, the red leaf at the end, combined with all the red foliage and even Cassie's hair was shaded red, rather than light blonde as it has been all along made me think she didn't stop Titan, and chose to have forever in the house with Cole.

Comment

I have kept the last two to rewatch later this week, I noticed those things too, but Miss Goins kind of contradicts it when she meets him on the beach, but then if that was what they had done, it would explain why everybody knew who Cole was, because surely if they reset everything, nobody would know who he was because he'd never have been born, right?

Spoiler:
      because his mum would never have been sent back in time originally?

Although the regardless, I did like how they explained why he was the first successful test subject lol

Comment

Spoiler:
        Anyone notice the disparity in the watch/clock right after Cassie gave the seminar? When she's in the car in 2013 and looks back we see her check her watch and it's after 11 pm. On what is seemingly the same night right after-she goes into the Emerson and we see a clock say 10:15 pm jumped back over 45 minutes. The impression is given it's the same night she's dressed exactly the same and her hair is the same but maybe who knows?

Comment

Spoiler:
          And they make a point of showing us this, I noticed it the first time I watched but was confused by it-is it the same night or not? I also believe Cassie never shut Titan down after a re-watch

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Ok, maybe I"m not sane, but I prefer Jennifer's version better!
            I hope they put a full fledged video of it on the BD version.
            Alas, they did not put a full video on the BD.
            But the audio is so much better than the compressed feed on cable broadcast.

Comment

Aaron Stanford (Cole from 12 Monkeys) made an appearance on FBI: Most Wanted. It was the episode from February 9th, 2021, it was episode 6 of season 2, titled Dysfunction.

Comment

I've done a re-watch of 12 Monkeys over the last few months on Hulu. As an avid time-travel enthusiast, it was just as good, if not better, the second time around. I stand by my original assessment that seasons 1,2 & 4 are the best, season 3 was a little weak but still watchable.

The best episode of the series, IMHO, is Die Glocke (season 4, episode 6). The Splinter team goes back to Nazi-occupied France to try to obtain a relic that will help them defeat the Army of the 12 Monkeys. Along the way, they have to debate whether they should kill Hitler (a time-honored time travel question) and Jennifer does a great "Pink" homage.

For anyone who hasn't seen it and likes time travel, start watching.

Comment

Originally posted by gnoel809 View Post
                  I've done a re-watch of 12 Monkeys over the last few months on Hulu. As an avid time-travel enthusiast, it was just as good, if not better, the second time around. I stand by my original assessment that seasons 1,2 & 4 are the best, season 3 was a little weak but still watchable.

The best episode of the series, IMHO, is Die Glocke (season 4, episode 6). The Splinter team goes back to Nazi-occupied France to try to obtain a relic that will help them defeat the Army of the 12 Monkeys. Along the way, they have to debate whether they should kill Hitler (a time-honored time travel question) and Jennifer does a great "Pink" homage.

For anyone who hasn't seen it and likes time travel, start watching.
                  Cheers mate, always on the look-out for more fresh shows to enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                  X