This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    The evidence is that they stopped appearing and were not mentioned again by either Replicator Carter, Fifth or the SGC.
    Do you think that every character who stops appearing or getting mentioned is dead? We never hear about Jonas Quinn after the Ori invasion of Langara does that mean he's dead? There's so many examples of this in this franchise, just because they're not seen or heard from doesn't mean they're dead.

It doesn't make sense that either Fifth or Replicator Carter would control all the Replicators with any other human form replicators in existence.
    Why not? It would make sense that if Fifth killed First, he'd be in charge. The same would go for Replicarter after she took out Fifth.

I believe the implication was that Fifth was the only survivor of the Battle of Orilla
    I don't think there's anything to indicate that, implicit or otherwise.

Replicator Carter was the only one he made.
    We know he made at least the one who attacked SG-1 on The Daniel Jackson, so Replicarter was certainly not the only human form he made.

Also I just realized this, but Replicarter didn't know how to kill Fifth. She needed our Anti-Replicater weapon to do it. So it's possible that Fifth couldn't have killed First or any of the other Human Forms. Obviously that contradicts my point before about Fifth killing First to take command, but maybe he took over the collective some other way. Certainly he's in charge before Thor hits the planet with the Anti-Replicator weapon, so it's not like he only took command after being the only survivor.

But this is getting very far off my original point, so even granting that there was only one Human Form Replicator who needed to be stopped, the SGC has committed a few other acts of genocide and other morally troubling actions.

Perfecto!

Comment

Jonas Quinn was not super relevant to the larger war with the Ori, so it's not very surprising he's not mentioned.

The other human form Replicators are relevant to the war with the Replicators, so it would be noteworthy if they aren't mentioned. Why would Fifth killing First make him the leader? All the other Replicators wouldn't just fall in line, they didn't even like him.

Is there any evidence to suggest the one that attacked SG-1 was built by Fifth?
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

The replicators are gone. If they weren't, we'd have noticed.

Comment

Jonas Quinn was not super relevant to the larger war with the Ori, so it's not very surprising he's not mentioned.

The other human form Replicators are relevant to the war with the Replicators, so it would be noteworthy if they aren't mentioned. Why would Fifth killing First make him the leader? All the other Replicators wouldn't just fall in line, they didn't even like him.

Is there any evidence to suggest the one that attacked SG-1 was built by Fifth?
          Fair point about the relevance of it, but I would argue that the reason it's never outright said was because the writers probably wanted it ambiguous in case they ever wanted to come back to them. This is a show, after all where the obvious is sometime explicitly stated two or three times in a single scene. That's really why I've been so intentionally obtuse about this. Stargate was never a show that was afraid to state the obvious.

As for there being evidence that Fifth created the one who attacked SG-1, I'd say there is none, but you're the one saying that Fifth is the only other human form left at that point, right?

Perfecto!

Comment

They found him among the debris of the Replicator ship right? I assumed he was the only intact one left who was on the ship.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
            X