No announcement yet.

Last Christmas (2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're not going to undo Danny's death... Well, I don't believe they will. If so, they'd have done it in the finale, not next season...
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Danny would still be dead, just not cyber-dead.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I was just watching this again last night.

I think some important lines to remember are these, from when the Doctor was talking to Clara in her dream house...

DOCTOR: How long do you think you've been here?

CLARA: All day.

DOCTOR: No. No, no, no. Barely five minutes. Because dream time goes faster.

I'm still inclined to think that the beginning of S9 may not be set in the real world.

If it isn't real then whatever is experienced in the dream world will only take a fraction of the time of that passing in the real world. Weeks and months could go by the dream world, but it would be only hours in the real world. A bit like going to Narnia really.

Comment

Ahh, so you think the dream didn't end...

Time to burn something into the Doctor's forearm...
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          and lots more!

Comment

It's Clara's house that makes me think the dream continues. It's all wrong. At the end of S8 she lived in a flat in a tower block. Now she suddenly lives in a vast Victorian house in London. It must be worth millions. She gets all that on a teacher's salary?! Or perhaps she had Danny Pink insured.

At the beginning of Last Christmas Clara gets out of bed and sees Santa on her roof, which is all part of the dream. At the end of Last Christmas the Doctor and Clara run out of the same Victorian house and into the TARDIS. To my mind if the dream had ended Clara should have woken up back in her flat.
            Last edited by Blencathra; 07 September 2015, 02:54 AM.

Comment

The house may simply fit the (rumours?) that Clara was leaving, and going to exit as the old lady... who may by then have afforded the nice house?

Then Jenna changed her mind..?
              and lots more!

Comment

Could be.... But there again I've never bought into the idea that Jenna was leaving. I thought it was a bit of hype to add some "will she be staying or will she be leaving" tension to the Christmas special.

Anyway, watching The Magician's Apprentice may throw more light on the matter. I do think it's worth bearing in mind that if things don't quite add up then all may not be quite what it seems.
                Last edited by Blencathra; 08 September 2015, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X