Wraith dolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith dolls

On at least one planet visited by the Atlantis team. some native children have rag dolls made in crude likeness of a Wraith. Likely it is so long between cullings that for most of the time in a pre-industrial society the last Wraith culling was so long ago that the Wraith are remembered as legendary monsters of the far past, like giants and trolls and ogres and dragons etc are among Earth humans.

At my age I have no interest in dolls; but that set me wondering :: has that fictional occurrence set off any real-world demand for Wraith dolls? I Googled for "wraith dolls" (in quotes) and was swamped in references to a pop music group with the same name.
    Last edited by AnthonyAppleyard; 14 December 2014, 02:35 PM.

I did some searching here on gateworld. I don't know if this helps you, but the few instances of "wraith dolls" here are playful, casual uses of the phrase. There's no indication here on the boards of any RL wraith doll merchandise.

Comment

Do you mean the doll in "Whispers"? Because I don't think that was a Wraith.

Comment

I seem to remember that on Stargate Atlantis the first that I saw or heard of the Wraith was when the Atlantis team visited a planet and their attention was drawn to a doll carried by a native child and the child told them that the doll was a Wraith.

Comment

In Rising Wex, one of the Athosian children - best friend of Jinto, had a mask which represented a Wraith as he explained to John when he asked about it.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

There is a demand among Wraith fans for Wraith action figures, dolls, plushies, and so forth and we generally make our own (and sometimes commission them).

As far as dolls, TatyankaWraith has done custom repaints and reroots, such as this one: https://www.deviantart.com/tatyankaw...ueen-598870876

Alice-in-the-Green-Apple has done full sculptures, from dolls to figurines, such as this one:
            https://www.deviantart.com/tatyankaw...aith-522930873

Comment

Working...
            X