The multi-Master story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The multi-Master story

We've all seen and loved at least some multi-Doctor stories. It's always great fun to see the previous and current leads of the show clash with one another or to see a new writer handle an older version of the character.

So why hasn't this happened to the Master? Now that we're up to the eighth actor/actress to play the role(unless you count Alex Macqueen's incarnation from Big Finish), surely such a story is worth making, given how much the villain has changed. It would give our talented showrunner a break from his arguably tiresome larger-than-life depiction of the Doctor and allow him to instead delve into the far more interesting larger-than-life villain.

Now, I know the classic classic Masters - Delgado and Ainley - are both dead, but fans still remember Simm(my personal favorite) and Geoffrey Beevers could easily represent the old days of the character.

Here's my try: During the Year That Never Was, Simm's Master is attempting to hack into the Time War to steal a select number of Gallifreyan children in the hopes of building a new Citadel Of The Time Lords on Earth with him as their Lord President. The Gomez Master takes advantage of this by escaping back to Earth with her TARDIS and plotting to rewrite history by killing the Tenth Doctor(stand-in cameo with no voice, maybe?).

The Simm Master refuses to cooperate for various reasons and captures the Gomez Master, only to be outwitted when it's revealed her TARDIS is a weaponized one and it succeeds in killing him. This temporarily causes the drums in the Simm Master's head to stop as the stars start going out, forcing him to realise he can't really kill the Doctor, not ever and he goes back in time to Gallifrey to steal part of the Matrix where he has to convince the primitive Beevers Master to hand it over and brings it back to Earth.

There, he uses it to resurrect the Tenth Doctor(him not remembering the event). Shortly after, his own memories are wiped by the Gomez Master(who wants to protect her own existence) and she begins setting up her plan to finally make the Doctor hers as opposed to killing him.

What do you think?
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

I imagine, aside from Delgado's death, the similarity of the two (main) original portrayals made a multi-Master story rather redundant...

I think a Simm/Gomez multi would actually be interesting... Unlike where the Docs ultimately help each other... I can see the Masters appearing to help each other, but then stabbing each other in the backs...
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

That or Moffat would fall back to the Cartoon Trope Ending where all the Doctor and or "Hero" would have to do was walk up to the multi-masters and say "Who is in charge" And all the Masters say "Me" and then they all turn on each other.
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
        That or Moffat would fall back to the Cartoon Trope Ending where all the Doctor and or "Hero" would have to do was walk up to the multi-masters and say "Who is in charge" And all the Masters say "Me" and then they all turn on each other.
        And then Clara walks up: "Wrong and still wrong 6 years later."
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Well, this thread suddenly became relevant.

Comment

*lol* Yes indeed!

Now I'm just curious, because there'd been a rumour that at the end of Ep 2, there would be a "game changing" spoiler alert... Was Simm's return going to be that announcement... Or - ?
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
              *lol* Yes indeed!

Now I'm just curious, because there'd been a rumour that at the end of Ep 2, there would be a "game changing" spoiler alert... Was Simm's return going to be that announcement... Or - ?
              Yes, I heard that was it. Simm's going to be in the next time trailer after Episode 1.

Comment

It's been done.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah... but, who listens to the audios anyway...?

Given the possible tv Masters to choose from... ie Beavers, Roberts, Jacobi, Simm (and assuming Gomez is a given)... I'd have loved Jacobi to return.

(Just because the Doctor didn't recognise him, doesn't mean Jacobi's Master ONLY was evil at the end after opening his watch - he had to choose to use the watch first... Thus - spent some time as Evil Jacobi.)

But that said - I'm glad we may perhaps possibly get to see Simm in the role without RTD crippling his performance.
                  and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                    (Just because the Doctor didn't recognise him, doesn't mean Jacobi's Master ONLY was evil at the end after opening his watch - he had to choose to use the watch first... Thus - spent some time as Evil Jacobi.)
                    Jacobi looks 20-30 years too old. Remember, he spent years and years with Chantho as a human(which would've aged his appereance) and it's been ten years since Utopia was filmed.

Comment

D'oh.
                      and lots more!

Comment

We'll always have Shalka.

Comment

Working...
                        X