No announcement yet.

Jessica Jones (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we've got inhumans popping up with powers now, but it seems like she's had hers for a while. Think she's a pre-fish pill Inhuman or something else entirely?
    sigpic

Comment

Maybe she's a natural genetic mut...erm....deviation. Yeah...a deviant.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

I pointed this out in my post on Absorbing Man as well, because he also had no clear origin.

Not counting pure-technology people like Ant-Man and Iron Man, there have been 3 (maybe 4) ways we have seen actual abilities given to humans in canon so far:

1) Super Soldier Serum - though there have been many variations of it with success to limited degrees, this has been what is responsible for the likes of Captain America, Hulk, Abomination, Red Skull, extremis and centipede soldiers. I suppose you could count Cal in here as well.

2) Technology Accident - These exceptional cases often grant unique abilities directly hinged on the accidents that caused them. Marcus Daniels (Darkforce guy), Scorch, Donnie Gill (Blizzard), David Angar (Cal's screaming henchman).

3) Inhumans - While they all develop unique abilities, there are a very uniform set of circumstances as to how they get them. Inhumans have to be able to touch the Diviner and Terrigen Crystals without harm.

4) Strucker's experiments - Although the exact mechanism is never explained, my guess is it could be another way of triggering the Terrigenesis process (which is why it only worked on 2 related subjects). If not, it's only a possible side effect of the infinity gem. Either way, by the events of Age of Ultron, Pietro and Wanda are said to be the only 2 successful, meaning Creel was not one of them.

Magic is coming, but I don't think they would incorporate that into her series. Aside from Aborbing Man, everyone else has been explained. So, who really knows where her powers come from for now?
        sigpic

Comment

Also chemicals - Matt Murdock. Not that magic would be a big deal, considering Doctor Strange is on the rapidly-approaching horizon.

Let's wait and see how the series explains it, yeah?
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Chemicals enhancing a sense for daredevil is one thing, but giving Jessica has actually powers. No chemical exposure is going to give her flight.
            sigpic

Comment

Another teaser.

Comment

Another new teaser

Comment

That is a gorgeously shot/lit/coloured teaser. Just beautiful. And Krysten Ritter's...er...gluteal region looks pretty good in those jeans too
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Chilling...

Will be interesting seeing Tennant play a villain...

Comment

I hear Jessica Jones is from the much much darker side of Marvel.. Should be interesting.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...redevil-831219
                        Teasing both Jessica Jones and Daredevil Season 2

Comment

First full trailer. This looks awesome!

Comment

Impressive, most impressive.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

That does look awesome. I can't wait for the series to come out on Netflix.
                              sigpic

Comment

I want this. I really want this. Now.

Comment

Working...
                                X