No announcement yet.

Jessica Jones (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving the Noir feel to it. Also, I kinda like how all the Avengers and Shield stuff is so far off that people barely mention it. To be honest, most people don't spend too much time thinking about big international (or even national) issues/events in real life. It kind off helps me ground Agents of Shield and the movies into our reality for me.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Finished it. Loved it. Please renew for Season 2.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Just watched episode 3

Spoiler:
        When Purple Man, made that police officer jump off the roof, i was like, NOO doctor WHAT ARE YOU DOING???? STAAAHHHPPP!!! , David Tennant makes a great villain

Im starting to really like it, and think i want a second season already , of the announced marvel/netflix tv shows it would be funny if the one that im most excited for (iron fist) was actually the worst of the 4, i didnt expect Jessica Jones or Daredevil to be soo good,
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

From what Ive been reading, this series sounds great. Currently trying to persuade my sister to let me borrow her netflix account to watch this...

Comment

I finished watching it today. I loved it and I also hope it gets a second season.
            sigpic

Comment

I guess I take a different approach. I prefer to not binge watch and only watch a few episodes a week. I find it better to savor the show over a long period. It makes me enjoy the show more. I watched the pilot this morning and plan to watch the second episode tonight. That's it
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I guess I take a different approach. I prefer to not binge watch and only watch a few episodes a week. I find it better to savor the show over a long period. It makes me enjoy the show more. I watched the pilot this morning and plan to watch the second episode tonight. That's it

That is a much more intelligent way to go about it. I, however, have watched a few more than 1 episode...
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

That is a much more intelligent way to go about it. I, however, have watched a few more than 1 episode...
                  I was never expecting anyone to change their viewing habbits just expressing that I like to watch this Marvel Netflix shows differently
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

What is the blood/gore level of this series, from the trailers, Im guessing more than Daredevil?

Comment

Actually, I'd say they are comparable and maybe even less blood given that um...well...super powers. That's all I can say.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

With the episodes I have seen so far their is less blood than Daredevil. I however have noticed a lot more profanity in the show
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          With the episodes I have seen so far their is less blood than Daredevil. I however have noticed a lot more profanity in the show
                          It's a lot more street level than Daredevil. Murdock was fighting a city wide issue and Jessica Jones is doing something much more personal. The Purple man does not concern himself with any master plans beyond his own twisted sadistic desires, unlike Fisk.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Even Fisk wasn't doing anything city-wide, he was just working on Hell's Kitchen.

You're right though, Jessica Jones is far more personal story. Jessica's story now, playing out as a result of Jessica's story before.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Here is an excellent breakdown on some of the reasons why this show is so good and so resonant. Obviously, SPOILERS at link.

Comment

I like dark thrillers in general. Tortured characters or characters who get the screws to their heads tightened up real tight. I also like the frankness of the series and that this isn't your usual super hero show. Daredevil (which I really liked) was more traditional in that sense. But Jessica Jones was different enough to stand out. And the Character driven story also helps too, much like it did for Daredevil.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X