No announcement yet.

Jessica Jones (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be flashbacks since she killed him in the finale.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I really hope that's the case.

Spoiler:
      It would really undercut the conclusion of Season 1 if it turns out he isn't dead.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        I really hope that's the case.

Spoiler:
        It would really undercut the conclusion of Season 1 if it turns out he isn't dead.
        It would make me salty about it.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

I;m betting flashbacks. We know that Killgrave has had a deep impact on Jones and we still haven't seen much of their time together. If it isn't Flashbacks then maybe nightmares.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Season 2 release date revealed!

Comment

Hooray!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

New season 2 trailer!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hSvnepZS26s

Comment

And still rocking the same outfit
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Anyone watched season 2, thoughts?

Comment

I liked it, but not as much as season 1. A lot of reviewers seemed to be lamenting David Tennant’s absence, but I think they’re missing the mark there. Rather,

(spoilers for all of season 2)
                      Spoiler:
                      I think the season was significantly dragged down because the actress playing Jessica’s mother was about as compelling as drying paint. Given how pivotal the character was to the season’s storyline, this was a critical casting misfire that made the whole season less.

I also think it was a mistake to just kill off Simpson like that. I understand that the idea, narratively, was to show that the stakes had been raised. But from where I was sitting, it felt like just a huge opportunity to squander.

One of the really bright spots of the season for me was having Callum Keith Rennie in it for a number of episodes. I buy that guy in every role he plays, and here my only wish is that they’d had him on the show for a bit longer.

I absolutely adored Malcolm in this season, and Jeri’s story was beautifully written and acted—just heartbreaking.

Oh, and I can’t wait to see what they do with Hellcat (if it gets a third season).

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        I liked it, but not as much as season 1. A lot of reviewers seemed to be lamenting David Tennant’s absence, but I think they’re missing the mark there. Rather,

(spoilers for all of season 2)
                        Spoiler:
                        I think the season was significantly dragged down because the actress playing Jessica’s mother was about as compelling as drying paint. Given how pivotal the character was to the season’s storyline, this was a critical casting misfire that made the whole season less.

I also think it was a mistake to just kill off Simpson like that. I understand that the idea, narratively, was to show that the stakes had been raised. But from where I was sitting, it felt like just a huge opportunity to squander.

One of the really bright spots of the season for me was having Callum Keith Rennie in it for a number of episodes. I buy that guy in every role he plays, and here my only wish is that they’d had him on the show for a bit longer.

I absolutely adored Malcolm in this season, and Jeri’s story was beautifully written and acted—just heartbreaking.

Oh, and I can’t wait to see what they do with Hellcat (if it gets a third season).
                        I agree with you on pretty much everything.

Spoiler:
                        I got kinda fed up with the mum storyline. Must admit Im one of the people lamenting Kilgraves absence, apart from his fun cameo. Made me realise how good a villain he was.

Also got a bit fed up with Trish, hope shes less annoying in season 3

I enjoyed the series as a whole though.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I was focused more on Jessica as I watched, and for that I really liked it because I really like her as a character. I found it to be pretty good season. It did miss a focused villain or a season spanding goal to tie everything together. That's the only thing I would say that the first season did better. I really liked the part where Jessica and her mom are on the ferris wheel...and I really hated Trish towards the end. I can certainly see now why they grew apart so much. Both Jessica and Trish are a lot like their mothers, but also different. I liked how that played out too. I can see that this was a lot more character focused as opposed to an overarching plot.

By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Finally finished it last night so can click the spoilers now, very much agree with all the above, the second series was very different to the first, but still good just a different way.

Spoiler:
                            Took me quiet a while to figure out who the killer was, which for me is good because I hate being able to work out the plot episodes in advance, although I didn't see Trish's contribution at all and she's become very unlike able as this series went on.

Comment

My thoughts on season 2

Spoiler:
                              I preferred the first season to the second season. I didn't dislike it, I love Jessica as a character, but I didn't really care much for the whole Jessica's mom thing and the season pretty much revolved around that. I guess I missed Killgrave mainly because I found him way more interesting than Jessica's mom and her whole story (if I had liked Alisa better I probably wouldn't have missed Killgrave as much).

I also felt like they killed Simpson off way too early, it really did seem like a waste of the character, since he barely did anything. He was basically just used so that Trish could get that inhaler and further her "I wanna be a superhero too" storyline.

Trish grew to be beyond annoying during this season. I hate that she got powers at the end because it just felt like she got rewarded for being an entitled, jealous user. If the show gets another season, I hope there's a serious downside to her powers or that she ends up villain or something, because I can't stand her right now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                                My thoughts on season 2

Spoiler:
                                I preferred the first season to the second season. I didn't dislike it, I love Jessica as a character, but I didn't really care much for the whole Jessica's mom thing and the season pretty much revolved around that. I guess I missed Killgrave mainly because I found him way more interesting than Jessica's mom and her whole story (if I had liked Alisa better I probably wouldn't have missed Killgrave as much).

I also felt like they killed Simpson off way too early, it really did seem like a waste of the character, since he barely did anything. He was basically just used so that Trish could get that inhaler and further her "I wanna be a superhero too" storyline.

Trish grew to be beyond annoying during this season. I hate that she got powers at the end because it just felt like she got rewarded for being an entitled, jealous user. If the show gets another season, I hope there's a serious downside to her powers or that she ends up villain or something, because I can't stand her right now.
                                Spoiler:

Part of me wanted Jessica to break a few of Trish's bones in a fit of righteous rage, you know, thrash her around to the edge of death. But then that wouldn't have been very Jessica-like so I got over that...But still...
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X