Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Only 2 more episodes, can't wait to finish up tonight!

Finished the series last night , loved it!

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

After watching the whole thing I think I liked Daredevil better. It was not a bad show but I found Jessica Jones get repetitive and lost direction a few times
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    After watching the whole thing I think I liked Daredevil better. It was not a bad show but I found Jessica Jones get repetitive and lost direction a few times
    Basically. I still think both seasons could have been trimmed by three episodes worth of content.

But hey, they are still good. I too like Daredevil more...it really spoiled us on fighting scenes.

Daredevil is a more traditional hero. He has a heart of gold and a conscious the size of the city itself.

Bloody loved this. One of my favourite Marvel offerings yet!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

I just watched the pilot since I heard it was similar to Daredevil. Which I loved!

And honestly I didn't really like it that much. This show might be just dark for me (especially ending damn). I think it was because Daredevil had more of a mafia feel to it, so most of the people that get beat up deserve it lol. And there is a good balance between that and non-dark scenes, even some comical scenes. Also Matt has and I assume will continue to have a life outside of being Daredevil Jessica sort of just is herself no matter what she is doing.

This episode, I totally got a Veronica Mars feel. Which isn't a bad thing, since I liked that show. The writing was very good, as was the acting. And there was clearly a personal story, that was going to be in your face the whole time. I liked the stuff with Luke, who looked like Mack from Agents of Shield, but maybe that was just me.

I think some of what be influencing my opinion is the fact is that I hate mind control stories. I for some reason can't stand when a character isn't in control of themselves. And obviously that is going to be a recurring theme with this show. Also the whole thing with him controlling people, is almost two real. As a social worker, I have heard horrible stories about human trafficking, which they are betraying here. I do like that it deals with real issues, but sometimes it is good to have an escape from it. Daredevil provide both .

I'm not sure if I will continue watching the rest of the show. I know I can't judge it fairly after one episode. But I'm not sure if I'll enjoy watching it.

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

A move that surprises no one
    Jelgate is right

It won't be out for a few years though. We still have to do Iron Fist, and Luke Cage Season 1. Then Defenders season 1 and Daredevil 2. That's at least two years.

Yay! I'm glad it's getting a second season.

It won't be out for a few years though. We still have to do Iron Fist, and Luke Cage Season 1. Then Defenders season 1 and Daredevil 2. That's at least two years.
    I think Defenders is only suppose to be a miniseries
    Jelgate is right

Daredevil S2 is already done, with it premiering in March. Luke Cage S1 has already been filming for some time (they might even already be done, I'm not sure), and if they follow 2015's scheduling we'll see that in November. With Iron Fist apparently having some difficulties getting started, I bet we see JJ S2 before we even see Iron Fist, much less Defenders.

Plus now there's buzz of a Punisher standalone series as well.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Wild speculation:

04/2015: Daredevil S1
    11/2015: Jessica Jones S1

03/2016: Daredevil S2
    11/2016: Luke Cage S1

03/2017: Punisher S1
    07/2017: Daredevil S3
    11/2017: Jessica Jones S2

03/2018: Luke Cage S2 / Daredevil S4 (depending if either get renewed this far)
    07/2018: Punisher S2
    11/2018: Iron Fist S1

03/2019: Jessica Jones S3 / Luke Cage S3 (depending if either get renewed this far)
    07/2019: Daredevil S5 (depending on renewal)
    11/2019: Defenders

You really think they'll group up so many seasons in one year like that?

I think 3 a year isn't unreasonable. But I would be surprised if it was more than that.

What would be Netflix's capacity? I mean they do have other shows. Does it compare to that of a TV channel or network?

Netflix keeps pretty mum about a lot of stuff...show productions tend not to be announced until they decide to, budgets are rarely (if ever) discussed openly, and they don't release viewing figures at all.

A quick look at Wikipedia shows they currently have 10 live-action in-house shows in production at various stages (note that this does not count Luke Cage/Iron Fist/Defenders/Punisher). But two of those are half-hour series, and not one of them is more than 13 episodes per season (most are 10, a few 13, a handful 8).

We should also probably take note that Netflix has recently declined to renew (pay for) a couple of film studios' rights, because they wanted to put more funding into producing original series.

How does that stack up against the big networks? Well, figure that they (the big networks) probably have original programming on 3-5 nights a week, probably between 1 and 2 hour-long series, which will air 20-odd episodes each. And then they also do summer programming, which tends to be reality TV. With that weak math, it looks like Netflix is probably still putting out a lot less content than the big networks.

But at a glance, it looks like they're growing fast and planning to continue to grow.
    Last edited by DigiFluid; January 17th, 2016 at 03:30 PM.

I watched the first ep earlier this year and wasn't keen on it, but decided to give it another shot. Watched all the eps in a couple of days and ended up loving it. But is it true we'll have to wait till 2018 for season 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    I watched the first ep earlier this year and wasn't keen on it, but decided to give it another shot. Watched all the eps in a couple of days and ended up loving it. But is it true we'll have to wait till 2018 for season 2?
    Looks like it, unfortunately. They've already announced that 2017's releases will be Iron Fist, Defenders, and Punisher. That's already one more Marvel show than they usually do in a year, so I'd be pretty surprised if they made it up to four in one year. Pleasantly, but surprised just the same.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast