Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Strange - News/Discussion/Speculation

Well, here we go...

Marvel just announced that Benedict Cumberbatch will be playing Doctor Strange!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I think everyone expected that... Benadryl Cabbagepatch has been the favourite for a long time..

Although Oded Fehr looks a lot like Doctor Strange.. *demands they recast the character immediately*

Comment

I'm very excited! Cumberstrange woo!

Part of my excitement is due to the fact Marvel will finally put out more Strange graphic novel collections, there is hardly anything! I got several issues though.

Comment

http://cultfix.co.uk/first-official-...ange-30228.htm
        First look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange

Comment

Saw it a couple of days ago. I think he looks bloody awesome. My only qualm is the same as my original one with Cumberbatch in the sense that he still looks a little young in the face considering Strange has always looked fairly weathered. But still, can't wait for this.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            I think everyone expected that... Benadryl Cabbagepatch has been the favourite for a long time..
            I felt he did a damn fine job in "the numbers game" as well as playing the 'nuKhan" in the 2nd trek.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              I felt he did a damn fine job in "the numbers game" as well as playing the 'nuKhan" in the 2nd trek.
              Imitation Game you mean.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Rats.. Perhaps i should have looked it up...

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Very nice! And Tilda Swinton playin an actual good gal for once.. Woa..

Comment

Whoops...Sorry mods! I genuinely thought there was not a thread.

---

I agree on Swinton. It's odd seeing her in a "good" role.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ooo, looks interesting!

Comment

SDCC trailer
                          Last edited by Teddybrown; 24 July 2016, 01:08 AM.

Comment

OOHHHHH Flllippppp yea!

Comment

Saw it last night.

As far as Marvel films go...ehh, kind of middling. Not the worst they've ever done, but certainly not the best either. And while Marvel films are hardly the pinnacle of subtle character development, this one would really have benefited from getting to know its characters a bit better; at the end of the movie it felt like virtually all of the characters were still flat/two-dimensional.

It was a visual feast, though. All that world-bending stuff from the commercials is really very dazzling and mind-bending, especially since I saw it in 3D.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X