Doctor Strange - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this today (finally).
    I agree with Digi, not brilliant, but not bad either. Everything seemed -rushed-. They made the point of DR strange having to learn medicine through years of training, but he becomes the sorcerer supreme in -months-??
    For example, they show early on Avengers tower in NY, why not have it as Stark tower at the beginning, and have it being Avengers tower when he "returns"? A tiny difference to be sure, but it would have added the element of the passage of time for Strange's training. That small thing really broke a level of suspension of disbelief.
    The Music was cool, but that brings me to something else, it seems that with these movies, whenever there is an element of doubt from marvel as how the movie going public will respond to the film, there is a "cranking classic soundtrack", something very much on show with GoTG (and Deadpool for that matter) which also plays into the amount of "in your face" jokes in the film. GoTG was full of obvious one liners, but the music helps you slide into that "fun zone" where you can forgive obvious joke being obvious, and Dr Strange was -full- of those kinds of jokes as well.

On the whole, I think the movie did what it had to do, add mysticism to the mainstream MCU and have the movie-going public actually buy into sheer fantasy in movies dominated by more Scifi elements (even Thor is treated as Scifi rather than fantasy, and he is a freaking "god").
    Did it do it as well as it could have?
    Not by a fair shot in my humble opinion.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Finally saw it, enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing more of Strange.

Comment

Saw it finally.. LOVED It. I even liked the whole "how he became so good so fast" angle.. IT was his ego driving him to excell, cause failure was not an option.
        Espeically loved the cloak bits..
        AND even loved the stinger clips in the end credits!!

Comment

Working...
        X