• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spacewalker (208)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON TWO
    SPACEWALKER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 208
    The Grounders lay siege to the camp, demanding that Finn be handed over to them to pay for his crimes. As Abby determines to prepare for a fight Kane returns, and Clarke and Bellamy decide to take their friend's fate into their own hands.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 January 2015, 09:27 PM.

What an ending. I didn't see Finn getting killed by clarke.
    And it was strange we had NOTHING from inside mount weather.

Comment

Yeah. I thought they'd be stringing that along a bit longer. Was totally expecting them to somehow substitute him for Murphy (mainly because he looks like he *may* be departing, or at least being less of a focus character for a few episodes, as he's presumably off to do the final Continuum season soon). It was interesting.

Comment

Raven tried! But that black grounder chick is really getting on my nerves. First she seems cool with the sky people what with her respecting Octavia. Now she is all
        WE WANT BLOOD".

But what gets me is the first blood taken was BY the grounders on the 100. They only killed in response to those deaths. So technically it should be US wanting their blood.

Comment

Ugggg...I hate mid-season cliff hangers!
          sigpic

Comment

I admire Clarke for making sure Finn didn't suffer, but I was shocked. Raven is going to be furious. The Clarke and Bellamy shippers are all excited now. I haven't been disappointed by The 100 at all. I first thought that it would be teen angst and shallowness, but it's had gritty writing right from the start. No deus ex machina for this show. Can't wait for the second half of the season.

Comment

The only part of Deux ex i can see is when they had Jaha saved by 'that hallucination of that baby, forcing him to get into that missile.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                The only part of Deux ex i can see is when they had Jaha saved by 'that hallucination of that baby, forcing him to get into that missile.
                I still think it's explainable if you take into consideration his thoughts of his son while suffering from oxygen deprivation. Hallucinations are quite common under those circumstances. What I like about the show is what many fans dislike--the lack of a last minute save when you really want it or expect it--the people on the arc sacrificing themselves, the stabbing of Jaha junior, Finn's last moments, etc.

Comment

Its keeping me engrossed cause of that stuff too.

Comment

The controversy over Finn's fate never did make sense to me. By slaughtering 18 helpless people who were no threat to him, including elderly & children, he shattered his own society's laws & ethics, as well as being a monster in the eyes of the Grounders.
                    I can easily understand the Grounders wanting blood, what I don't understand is the sky people's willingness to defend him.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      The controversy over Finn's fate never did make sense to me. By slaughtering 18 helpless people who were no threat to him, including elderly & children, he shattered his own society's laws & ethics, as well as being a monster in the eyes of the Grounders.
                      I can easily understand the Grounders wanting blood, what I don't understand is the sky people's willingness to defend him.
                      We always defend our own. Finn wasn't in a good place as he was searching for Clarke. I don't say I agree with what he did, but he also wasn't a full mental capacity. Even our own military has killed innocents and we defend them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        We always defend our own. Finn wasn't in a good place as he was searching for Clarke. I don't say I agree with what he did, but he also wasn't a full mental capacity. Even our own military has killed innocents and we defend them.
                        In their situation, they are trying to work out a livable alliance/arrangement with the Grounders, and they can't disregard Finn's actions. I agree, Finn was probably off the rails at the time, but if you were the grounders, would you have accepted that? They had no choice, the grounders could have slaughtered the lot of them, easily.
                        [edit]
                        And the Grounders compromised, too, by accepting Clarke's killing him mercifully, rather rather than having demanded their pain of 18 deaths torture they had been planning.
                        Last edited by Annoyed; 28 January 2015, 09:55 AM. Reason: Afterthought

Comment

There was ever only going be one way out f the mess they were in. Finn had to die otherwise it would have been a bloodbath. I didn't think Clarke would have killed him though. But saying that, as soon as Raven gave her the knife and Clarke went to the Grounder camp there was only ever going to be one outcome.I knew at that point what Clarke was planning to do. It was the only option left that wouldn't end in a massacre. Time will tell how this will affect her.

In the end I think Clarke knew all along what would happen, when her and Finn were out in the woods heading towards the drop ship, her body language and facial expressions told a lot. Then in the ship I think she knew what Finn was planning. At least she made sure he didn't suffer like he was supposed to.

It'll be interesting to see how the others react to what she had to do.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am just wondering. If after we DO defeat the mountain men, Raven and clark will have a grudge match!

Comment

I never really understood the whole argument of why we spend the whole episode protecting Finn. Yes they are in war but fighting and killing soldiers to me is different than killing unarmed civilians. The Tondc people did nothing wrong and deserve their justice. I understand it may seem barbariac as Kane put it but its no worse than what the Ark did with floating and the Grounders have a right for a criminal to be punished. I did not see the point of taking Finn to the dropship and then being captured by the Grounders because in my mind no matter how hard it is Finn committed a terrible crime and deserves to be punished. I find myself siding with what Lincoln said about controlling our monster. Before we talk about the end it is important to mention the flashback. I kind of miss the Ark and never really thought about the spacewalker scene. It seems like Finn's character for him to sneak Raven outside and take the fail. Showing these scenes I think explains a few things as wasting 3 months of air contradicted Finn's character in S1. We have often said that The 100 tries to avoid classic TV clichés. This is one of those examples. It is so easy for Clark to go the easy way and stab Lexa. I liked seeing her make the tough choice and realize Finn's life was not worth all the other lives were lost. It was tough but I think it was the right call. It also made me sad and shocked but that discussion is for the next episode
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X