• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What They Become (210)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON TWO
    WHAT THEY BECOME
    EPISODE NUMBER - 210
    Coulson and Whitehall's forces meet in an explosive confrontation that dramatically alters everyone's fates. Meanwhile, Skye discovers shocking secrets about her past. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 03 December 2014, 09:37 PM.

DAMN good episode..
    Things i loved;
    Spoiler:

1) The good doctor, head of hydra is now dead.. OR IS He? Could his taking of that 'agelessness from Skyes mom give him some healing?
    2) Skye shooting ward!
    3) Fitz and simmons working together finally.
    4) The fire fights!

OK.
    1) skye's true name is daisy? Man what a let down.
    2) the good doc got shot by coulson, rather than was ripped apart by daddy dearest. I was rather looking forward to that.

Bad
    1) Tripps dead!

Comment

MY. MIND. IS. BLOWN. So much awesomeness! In no particular order:
      --May keeping the bus from being shot down. Fancy flying indeed!
      --Coulson comforting May about letting Skye go. He reminds May that the team is alive because of her and that Skye has become a great agent due to her training. Be still my heart!
      --Father/daughter reunion. Wonderfully acted scene. Skye finds out about her mother and a little bit about why her father is such a hot mess.
      --Fitz and Simmons working together! I don't particularly care if they become a couple or not - I just like them as a team working together. It was nice to see.
      --SKYE SHOT WARD!!! In an episode with lots of amazingness, this was the one that literally had me cheering. I know some people are really pissed that Ward is still alive. I hate Ward...but I *like* hating Ward. And he is unpredictable. Especially now that his primary goal (bringing Skye to her father) has been accomplished. I had a thought last week when Whitehall was pissed that Ward didn't follow orders and shoot the bus down - that he might brainwash Ward. It certainly seemed to be his intention this week. But I'm glad that didn't happen. Ward is a wild card. And now he is cahoots with Agent 33. Will she develop any kind of personality now that she isn't in Whitehall's thrall? Will she now start following Ward blindly? Frankly, the pair of them make me go, "Ewwww."
      --Whitehall was a great baddie, but I'm glad he is dead. The stuff he would say, "I hope you're as special as your mother" and when he told Cal that he would let him watch what he was going to do to his daughter - I felt sick to my stomach. I knew there would be a confrontation between Cal and Whitehall, but I totally didn't expect Coulson to shoot Whitehall and take away Cal's revenge. "Uhhh...you're welcome?" Awesome!
      --Also expected the Dad vs. Dad fight. Coulson was doing pretty well for a bit (love that they included a triangle choke - Clark Gregg showing off his Brazilian Jiu Jitsu moves!), but I'm not shocked that Cal would end up having the upper hand. The man is basically a rage monster. Great to see Skye coming to Coulson's rescue.
      --Mack is back! I do like Mack and it is good he is back to normal. I'm hoping whatever secret "thing" he and Bobbi have going on (I'm sure it isn't a secret romance) will be revealed in the near future.
      --The one gut-wrenching part of the ep - Tripp is dead. I'm really unhappy that he is gone, but not entirely surprised. Those Whedons! I would have rather they got rid of Hunter (don't hate him, but don't like him as much as the others), but that wouldn't have had the emotional impact that Tripp dying does.
      --Skye and Raina's transformations. Skye watching Tripp crumble as she breaks free. Skye has gone through so much in this ep - I have never loved her character more. I can't wait to see what comes next for her!
      --FANTASTIC teaser! I'm very excited for Agent Carter, but it's going to be a long 3 months until Agents of SHIELD returns!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

So, in the thread for last week's ep, The Shrike said this:

The song in Skye's dream is either a massive spoiler regarding who she is, or it's an intentional misdirection by the writers.

Most know the song as "a bicycle built for two", but actual title of the song is "Daisy Bell".

So, odds are Skye is Daisy Johnson, aka: Quake.

That would probably make her father Calvin Zabo, aka: Mr. Hyde.

It would also mean they changed her backstory. In the comics, she inherited her altered genome from her father, who experimented on himself, to this version, where her mother was an inhuman. As for her father, he could still be Calvin Zabo, but his motivation for altering himself could be his desire for revenge, instead of hubris.
        I think he deserves to be suitably smug after this ep.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Damn, what an episode! Felt longer than it actually was (which is a really good thing!)
          Shame Tripps gone, really liked him, but glad we got Mack back.
          Definately think Whitehalls still alive...

Really interested to see where things go from here!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Definately think Whitehalls still alive...
            It is a pity we never saw anyone "finish him off" with a bullet or two to the head.

Comment

I am very upset about Tripp. I think it was a good finale for him, but they totally wasted his character. I really liked him and from episode one of this season they have been replacing him with Hunter because Hunter is the sexy rogue with the British accent.

But I did enjoy the episode. And I wonder why they keep teasing that the good Doctor seems about to Hulk-Out and then he doesn't. I mean it seems to me he obviously has some ability, but they don't want to spend the money to show us?!

Anywhoo, good episode. Plan on watching the last few again. And Teddybrown nailed it! I too felt this episode seemed a little longer than usual. As soon as I thought that it seemed to end suddenly.

Comment

We have seen some of his super strength, but its not really that super.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  We have seen some of his super strength, but its not really that super.
                  In some of the comics he can lift up to 70 tons, but I wouldn't be surpised if they pull his power down for the tv show to being captain america's strength when he "hulks-out"

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    So, in the thread for last week's ep, The Shrike said this:

I think he deserves to be suitably smug after this ep.
                    Yes definitely! Can't believe it cos I read that last night and thought oh that sounds cool and I saw the ep tonight and HE SAID DAISY AND I JUST ABOUT WET MYSELF!!!! That was a cool moment
                    "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Isaac Asimov

Comment

Also when does it start back in the us cos you guys are always ahead of us and we have to wait until Easter!!! and I hadn't realised it was a mid season finale until the wee guy announced it before
                      "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Isaac Asimov

Comment

What are the theories on Bobby and Macks secret? My wee sister is desperate to find out what it is

Comment

Originally posted by StuckintheStargate View Post
                          What are the theories on Bobby and Macks secret? My wee sister is desperate to find out what it is
                          Near as I can guess it's some kind of side project that's going down. They did mention in the previous episode about the prospect of bringing Hunter in on it because Hartley was now dead... which sounds like something to do with that whole team.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            Near as I can guess it's some kind of side project that's going down. They did mention in the previous episode about the prospect of bringing Hunter in on it because Hartley was now dead... which sounds like something to do with that whole team.
                            Ah I that makes sense!

Comment

Originally posted by StuckintheStargate View Post
                              There are quite a few theories:

1. Bobbie and Mac are secretly reporting to Nick Fury.
                              2. Bobbie and Mac are secretly reporting to Maria Hill.
                              3. Bobbie and Mac are secretly reporting to Abigail Brand.

The reasoning for all three is basically the same: to keep an eye on Coulson, and determine if there's potential threats to earth, alien, or otherwise.

Mac in particular has seemed quite put out by the possibility of an alien influence on the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X