• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... Ye Who Enter Here (209)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON TWO
    ... YE WHO ENTER HERE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 209
    S.H.I.E.L.D. takes Raina into protective custody after Hydra tries to grab her -- led by Agent May's evil twin. Coulson leads a team to enter the ancient city, but get more than they bargained for.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 05 December 2014, 09:41 PM.

Great episode which had me scratching my head a lot and thinking, "Wha?!?!?" I don't have a lot of coherent thoughts right now, but I'll post again in the morning after I am able to watch it again.

--Skye's freaky dream at the start of the episode - I don't even know what to say about it. Skye can't find anyone at the base and is running through the facility calling out to people. Maybe some foreshadowing to the fact that Skye gets separated from the rest of the team. She obviously identifies with the baby whose parents (Coulson and May!) leave it behind.
    --How many Koenigs are there?!?!? We only meet Sam and Billy in this episode. (Funny that each one says the other is "the short one".)
    --Very cool fight between Skye and Agent 33. Skye has been taught well by May!
    --In general, I'm not really interested in romance on this show. (I admit that I do ship Philinda, but I'm fine with that not happening for a couple of seasons and just being fodder for fanfic.) What was Mack asking Bobbi about? She is keeping some sort of secret from Hunter. Interesting that Bobbi and Lance had fought in the last ep about how he couldn't trust her and I was feeling sorry for her...but now I wonder.
    --Fitz and Simmons - working things out (or not). Sad that Fitz still has a problem working with Jemma (though totally understandable). And Jemma trying to explain herself and Fitz not really letting her do it. But, there was that moment where they were talking over each other and Simmons was finishing his sentences, but you realize it isn't impatience that Fitz can't finish his thoughts but that Jemma was always finishing his sentences and they used to talk over each other all the time.
    --Mack!!! What the hell happened to him??? If you touch the edge of the city (or maybe it's the temple) and don't have the right DNA, you turn into a killing machine? I hope that wasn't the end of Mack! I was hoping that Mack would help be a bridge between Fitz and Simmons. We didn't get to learn his backstory! Or see what Coulson thought of his toy Lola!!!
    --Obviously Whitehall didn't know Ward was going to take Skye. I'm not sure Whitehall knows that Skye is The Doctor's daughter or that she was the baby being protected in the Hunan Province. I mean, I doubt Whitehall knows that The Doctor was married to the woman he killed by basically harvesting her body. I just wonder whether Ward and The Doctor are in cahoots at all, or if he is doing this for Skye and without The Doctor's knowledge. I was really wishing that when Skye went to walk over to Ward to be led away, that she hit him with a solid right hook.

Will have to write more after another viewing, also when I'm not falling asleep.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Damn, hope that isnt the end for Mack...

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
        --Skye's freaky dream at the start of the episode - I don't even know what to say about it. Skye can't find anyone at the base and is running through the facility calling out to people. Maybe some foreshadowing to the fact that Skye gets separated from the rest of the team. She obviously identifies with the baby whose parents (Coulson and May!) leave it behind.
        Maybe the foreshadowing was more something of a vision from the inhuman's facility.

--How many Koenigs are there?!?!? We only meet Sam and Billy in this episode. (Funny that each one says the other is "the short one".)
        Dunno. From what we know at least triplets. Maybe quads.
        But i LOVED the banter between the Koenigs and the rest of the team. And that umbrella camo thinggy was awesome to see.

--Very cool fight between Skye and Agent 33. Skye has been taught well by May!
        I was shocked Skye has gotten so good so fast.

--In general, I'm not really interested in romance on this show. (I admit that I do ship Philinda, but I'm fine with that not happening for a couple of seasons and just being fodder for fanfic.) What was Mack asking Bobbi about? She is keeping some sort of secret from Hunter. Interesting that Bobbi and Lance had fought in the last ep about how he couldn't trust her and I was feeling sorry for her...but now I wonder.
        From banter in prior eps, those 2 have had prior relationship(s) which always burned bright, but burned out real quickly, causing discord in prior teams.

--Fitz and Simmons - working things out (or not). Sad that Fitz still has a problem working with Jemma (though totally understandable). And Jemma trying to explain herself and Fitz not really letting her do it. But, there was that moment where they were talking over each other and Simmons was finishing his sentences, but you realize it isn't impatience that Fitz can't finish his thoughts but that Jemma was always finishing his sentences and they used to talk over each other all the time.
        I loved Mac's quote to them "just kiss already".
        But i hate that Simmons still can't bring herself to admit she does love Fitz.

--Mack!!! What the hell happened to him??? If you touch the edge of the city (or maybe it's the temple) and don't have the right DNA, you turn into a killing machine? I hope that wasn't the end of Mack! I was hoping that Mack would help be a bridge between Fitz and Simmons. We didn't get to learn his backstory! Or see what Coulson thought of his toy Lola!!!
        Maybe that's WHY we have not learned much about him, they were always planning on him being 'sacrificed' to show how deadly the facility is.
        As to his end. He fell down 100 meters after getting ko'ed by those stun batons. I think he is a gonner.
        But i loved how they had the banter about the "myths about this place"..

--Obviously Whitehall didn't know Ward was going to take Skye. I'm not sure Whitehall knows that Skye is The Doctor's daughter or that she was the baby being protected in the Hunan Province. I mean, I doubt Whitehall knows that The Doctor was married to the woman he killed by basically harvesting her body. I just wonder whether Ward and The Doctor are in cahoots at all, or if he is doing this for Skye and without The Doctor's knowledge. I was really wishing that when Skye went to walk over to Ward to be led away, that she hit him with a solid right hook..
        I loved wards calm demeanor when they all got face to face, and am wondering if Ward has a different plan (to turn on whitehall). But i hate to be him if/when daddy dearest learns who killed his wife!

Comment

Just a few more thoughts:
          --Wondering what Bobbi doesn't want Hunter to know about. I'm not all that interested in the Bobbi-Lance relationship (there's so much other great stuff in the show - it really isn't necessary), but I think I'd prefer that Bobbi wasn't keeping anything relationship-related a secret from him - such as that she got married and divorced while they were broken up or something. I'm thinking it is something mission-related - maybe she is actually checking up on Coulson for Maria Hill (similar to the way May was keeping an eye on Coulson for Fury).
          --There is going to be a major showdown amongst the main good guys and bad guys. I don't know where to start. I'm wishing/hoping Jemma would make good on her threat to kill Ward if she sees him again. (Remember how Fitz told Garrett that he would suffer for what he had done and Fitz planned to be a big part of it - cut to ep 21 where he triggered the EMP on Garrett.) I want a Whitehall/The Doctor face-off (he has to pay for what he did to his wife). I want Coulson vs. The Doctor (good daddy vs. bad daddy?). I'd pretty much like to see everyone beat up on Ward, though I suspect he will come out of it all unscathed. I was seriously pissed that he strolled onto the bus - took Raina AND Skye - and not a finger was laid on him. I actually wanted one of the Koenigs to shoot Ward.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EP!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

The song in Skye's dream is either a massive spoiler regarding who she is, or it's an intentional misdirection by the writers.

Most know the song as "a bicycle built for two", but actual title of the song is "Daisy Bell".

So, odds are Skye is Daisy Johnson, aka: Quake.

That would probably make her father Calvin Zabo, aka: Mr. Hyde.

It would also mean they changed her backstory. In the comics, she inherited her altered genome from her father, who experimented on himself, to this version, where her mother was an inhuman. As for her father, he could still be Calvin Zabo, but his motivation for altering himself could be his desire for revenge, instead of hubris.

Comment

... I actually wanted one of the Koenigs to shoot Ward...
              13 Koenigs, hand to hand vs. Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shrike View Post
                The song in Skye's dream is either a massive spoiler regarding who she is, or it's an intentional misdirection by the writers.

Most know the song as "a bicycle built for two", but actual title of the song is "Daisy Bell".

So, odds are Skye is Daisy Johnson, aka: Quake.

That would probably make her father Calvin Zabo, aka: Mr. Hyde.

It would also mean they changed her backstory. In the comics, she inherited her altered genome from her father, who experimented on himself, to this version, where her mother was an inhuman. As for her father, he could still be Calvin Zabo, but his motivation for altering himself could be his desire for revenge, instead of hubris.
                Awesome theory!
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shrike View Post
                  13 Koenigs, hand to hand vs. Ward.
                  Since we have never seen the Koeinegs fight, i still think ward could take them!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Since we have never seen the Koeinegs fight, i still think ward could take them!
                    Ward can hold his own against May... of course he could take them.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

That would be an interesting battle royal to see. May and ward against all the Koeinegs.

Comment

Working...
                      X