• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Into An Abyss (207)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON TWO
    LONG INTO AN ABYSS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 207
    Abby is put in a difficult position when her predecessor arrives at Camp Jaha and tells everyone they have to leave. Clarke is called upon to try and help Lincoln recover from his terrifying condition, leading to a new plan to forge a peace with the Grounders.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 January 2015, 09:01 PM.

Nice ep. I loved the balls Abby and Clarke had in making the deal with the grounders, and that they got Linken back. But i fear that they might sabotage it by not giving up finn. Though he looked like he was ready to die when that grounder was choking him.

As to the mountain dwellers, man they are becoming more and more hateable. Now they are forced bone marrow stealing? I hope to heck when they get there, they just open all the damn doors and irradiate the LOT of them. But save that doctor for a slow agonizing death!

Comment

This honestly feels like a setup for the midseason finale. Its a good episode but it just feels like the we are going through the motions of setting up the alliance between the Grounders. The main story is discovering more about the Reapers through Lincoln. It becomes apparent that the feral Reapers are nothing more than Grounders that have become addicted to a drug. I think its an important aspect as it shows us just how vile Mt. Weather is. Although I wonder how well it would work in repeating. We did have to shock Lincoln's heart because he went through such a violent withdrawal. I think this is the episode where I thought Jaha went nuts. The way he challenges Abby and wants to go to some mythical city to me shows someone is starting to lose grips with reality. I just can't see the Jaha of S1 abandoning the children trapped in Mt. Weather. I did love how the Guards only seem to follow Abby suggesting that Jaha has lost his authority. Finally we get to the bone marrow story. I seriously understand why they want to steal bone marrow. The Mountain Men are living in a prison that will eventual kill them. It is not right but at the same time it is their survival and history has shown we do some distasteful things when our lives are at risk. But I have always have had an issue with killing all 47 so the Mountain Men could go outside. Surely their would be enough people in Camp Jaha that the Mountain Men could use the bone marrow without killing. I say this episode sets up the mid-season because Clark's Reaper cure gets us an alliance but at the cost of Finn's life. I remember being shocked the first time I saw this and wondered what was coming next?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Surely their would be enough people in Camp Jaha that the Mountain Men could use the bone marrow without killing.
        IIRC clarke DID make that offer, and it was refused.

Comment

Not at this point in the show.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked this episode, but I also feel that it was basically setting things up for the mid-season finale. Clarke realizes that if they can save Lincoln, they can probably save the other Reapers and that this is something that the Grounders might want, and therefore it might be a way to bring about a truce between their two peoples. Abby decides to put her faith in Clarke and risk staying. Jaha is very much oppsed to this. He comes off as unhinged when he tries to take back his power, and tries have Abby, Clarke and the others arrested. I also liked how the guards would only take orders from Abby. Clarke's plan to show the Grounders that the Reapers can be saved works once the saved Lincoln. Lexa is willing to call a truce, but only if Clarke hands over Finn.

I found some of the Mt. Weather parts really interesting. After a failed attempt at using the Ark kids blood to cure their radiation vulnerability, Dr. Tsing comes up with using the kids bone marrow instead, but it would involve killing them all. Cage didn't think his father would go for that, and he was right. When I first watched the scene where Cage takes his father outside after a treatment, in order to try to convince him to use the kids for their bone marrow, I thought that Cage was going to leave his father outside to die if he didn't go for it. I was glad when he didn't. Dante tells Cage that what they've done to the outsiders has corrupted their legacy and that he isn't willing to go down that road any further. Cage and Tsing go behind the President's back and start harvesting bone marrow anyway. I really like Cage, Tsing, and Dante as characters, I find them all very interesting.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X