This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens after the Siege! SPOILERS

(BIG SPOILERS for Atlantis Season One's finale, "The Siege" Parts 1 and 2 ...)

Before anyone think too much, this has no spoilers and is just some of my thought on what might happen in the first episode of season 2!

Obviously Sheppard survives his suicide run in the Puddle Jumper, that much is certain! But how does he avoid death by ramming a nuke in a jumper down the hive ships throat?

Here's my thought....

The Daedalus drops out of hyperspace just as Sheppard approaches the hive ships and begins firing on the Wraith ships, causing Sheppard to abort his suicide run and returns to atlantis or stays and helps the Daedalus fight off the hive ships and darts so it can get down to Atlantis and deliver the ZPM. The Daedalus should be able to fight its way past the Hive ships, as it has Asgard shields and powered by the ZPM, should be invulnerable. As for weapons we have seen that normal bullets and rail guns can do damage to Wraith darts.

So the Daedalus lands, not sure where, and and ZPM is plugged in and the City shield raised. Not sure what will happen to the Hive ships though, since Atlantis is out of drones! Maybe there are other weapons that the MKII generator could not power!

Any thoughts from anyone else?

NX-04
    Last edited by Darren; 17 February 2005, 07:38 PM.

Yes, the shield will only protect the city, so as I see it, either the two remaining ships are destroyed or damaged enough to flee the scene. One reason that TPTB may need one to escape is
    Spoiler:
    Lt. Ford was captured, or seems to have been in the seige(II), and if so he is likely to be on one of the ships. I don't expect theyll get rid of ford without some major character development before the end.
    Then there is the deadelaus, it might be able to take out a hive ship, depends on how good it's asguard upgrades are compared to wraith technology.
    And i wouldent put it past the Atlantis team to come up with an 'against all odds' type plan involving nukes or something. Then theres the city itself, it's full capabilities can't even be guessed at. Maybe the ancients had some new 'wraith killing' weapon being worked on, not quite ready when atlantis fell in the past. Mckay finishes it and Sheppard lets it loose.
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Yeah, that was my idea also NX-04. We know the Deadlus will have Asgard advances, so it has to have Asgard transporters. Maybe as soon as they drop out of hyperspace they immediately transport the ZPM to the control room down in Atlantis - and they get a radio msg letting them know they are here. But Col. Everett said it would take 4 days for the Deadlus to get here.

Which leaves me thinking, that it has only been about 2 days. So I went on my wild speculation rant and think that the Deadlus will arrive with a few Asgard bc's. With the Deadlus in tow, though slower than usual, they would have gotten their quicker than the 4 days. But we dont know that yet!

I'm still waiting for the "Letters from Pegasus" ramifications in Moebius P2, hopefully they touch upon it!

Comment

i have an idea of what the new wraith busting gun might be. has anyone else noticed that the contol tower of atlantis looks like the end bit of an tollan ion cannon. the city may have been altered before the ancients left so that if they did return then the gun would be able to be completed and fired.
        for all we know the ancients had weopens that we just cannot imagine because of the power shortage and all. there could be loadsa cool stuff to kick wraith but we jsut havent been able to access it- and therin lies the premise and mysterie of atlantis!
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

it has only passed 1 day! the passage from one day to another is 1 day! not 2, so they have 3 day to hold on..my guess is that atlantis is overrun by the wraith, sheppard infiltrates one hive ship, and a rebellion is formed inside the prisoneirs
          wraith must gain power as i can't see how atlanteans can hold 3 days..

Comment

Somewhere I had an analysis of how long "The Siege, Part II" was, and you could reasonably deduce that about three and a half days had passed. Unfortunately, it's on a computer that's temporarily out of commission, so I'm going to have to go on memory here.

The ATA gene takes four hours to take effect ("Hot Zone"), and that gene had to be working for the pilots to be able to train in the jumpers. That probably also took a few hours. The mines which those pilots laid out were a considerable distance from the planet, so that whole process likely took eighteen to twenty-four hours. Meanwhile, they were recalling people and their equipment from the alpha site — another lengthy process — and mounting additional weaponry all over the city, which is the size of Manhattan. And most of that stuff was too big to fit in transporters. The preparation for the first wave probably took a day and a half.

The first wave didn't last long, but the real time-eater there was the search for the Wraith who beamed into the city. Again, Atlantis is HUGE. It probably took another day to round them all up, especially considering that some of the people in the defense were captured by the Wraith. Then Weir has to negotiate for the nukes and get them back to Atlantis — another few hours, probably six or more. Then Rodney said that it would take about a day to complete the bombs.

That's at least three days, eighteen hours right there, with some conservative estimates. You also have to remember that Everett said that the Daedalus would be there within four days. At this point, it could show up at any time, and I suspect it will.
            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
            Last update: 14 April 2006
            Melyanna's Multimedia
            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Would be nice to see the Daedalus arrive with an Asgard BC or to then watch them beam all the Wrath off Atlantis like they did to the Goa'uld in "Thor's charriot"

Comment

It is Daedalus not Deadalus or anything like that.
                The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

not bad. I think everythink is possible. I personly would like that deadalus destroyes one hive ship, and be cripled in the proces. than they land tne ship in atlantis and power the city shields with the ZPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Klorel
                    It is Daedalus not Deadalus or anything like that.
                    it is annoying when people spell things wrong such as one persons keeps putting teal in said of Teal'c but we no what they mean so just stop fussing over minute spelling, unless its something stupid like they are speaking in txt lnguge so le cn tlk fstr
                    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by gcankar
                      not bad. I think everythink is possible. I personly would like that deadalus destroyes one hive ship, and be cripled in the proces. than they land tne ship in atlantis and power the city shields with the ZPM.
                      I have feeling they are some how going to use the nuclear bomb in the PJ to destroy one of the hive ships and Deadalus will destroy the other.
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

What happens after the Siege! SPOILERS
                        The Other Siege.

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
                          I'm still waiting for the "Letters from Pegasus" ramifications in Moebius P2, hopefully they touch upon it!
                          ramifications?

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate
                            ramifications?
                            yes its a word

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ramifications
                            Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                            McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
                              ROFLMAO
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                              X