• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smash the Mirror (408-409)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON FOUR
    SMASH THE MIRROR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 408-409
    When the Snow Queen tries to pit Elsa and Anna against each other and it proves more difficult than she anticipates, she takes drastic measures. Meanwhile, in Storybrooke Emma's powers are out of control and her fear of hurting loved ones pushes her away from everyone she cares about. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 November 2014, 11:13 PM.

I loved the interaction between Snow and Regina. Snow's smirking when she pointed out to Regina that her blouse was unbuttoned. Snow telling Regina not to feel guilty about sleeping with Robin, Snow giving Regina a pep talk about hope, and Regina's comment about owing Snow a quarter if she was right, and then saying to Robin that she owed someone a quarter. I'm torn between feeling sorry for the Snow Queen and disliking her. She'll discover that forcing the Elsa and Emma to work with her won't be easy, and will lead to her disappointment. I did love how the Snow Queen threatened Rumple there at the end. Soo incredibly disappointed in Rumple that he was willing to kill Emma to get her power.

I loved how motherly Regina was with Henry after Emma injured him. And then later when talking again to Snow about how sorry and guilty she was about how she treated Henry when he got The Book and wishing she had behaved differently. It appears that Regina and Snow and Charming are becoming downright friendly, and if not friendly, then at least neutral towards each other. I'm glad she changed their minds about Emma and her power.

Comment

Saw the episode and I must say, I loved the reveal of what happened to Elsa in the past; Ingrid removing her memories was wrong but needed I guess; Personally I HATE those ribbons, all Snow Queen wanted them for was to harness both Emma and Elsas powers. WRONG IDEA Trust me on that, I barely got a handle on Elsa as it is at the moment. I honestly hope that when Elsa reunites with her sister Anna that the ribbon comes off

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        I loved the interaction between Snow and Regina. Snow's smirking when she pointed out to Regina that her blouse was unbuttoned. Snow telling Regina not to feel guilty about sleeping with Robin, Snow giving Regina a pep talk about hope, and Regina's comment about owing Snow a quarter if she was right, and then saying to Robin that she owed someone a quarter.
        I am loving the Regina-robin stuff, but wonder if they will wind up forgetting Marion? Also, where did that page just mysteriously appear from? Is this "Sorcerer" that is mentioned every time the "hat is", the author of the book as well? WHEN will we see him?

I'm torn between feeling sorry for the Snow Queen and disliking her. She'll discover that forcing the Elsa and Emma to work with her won't be easy, and will lead to her disappointment.
        True, she does seem to be MORE than just a monster, maybe forced into it. BUT that she has embraced it, and wants everyone else to suffer as she did, makes her all the more evil. As for Elsa and Emma, i hate to see what those 2 can do if they really had to.

I did love how the Snow Queen threatened Rumple there at the end. Soo incredibly disappointed in Rumple that he was willing to kill Emma to get her power.
        Well, rumple did say to Emma, that he does always choose power. I just wonder if/when someone's going to get belle to finally see him for the snake he is? And if she will EVER come to her senses.

I loved how motherly Regina was with Henry after Emma injured him. And then later when talking again to Snow about how sorry and guilty she was about how she treated Henry when he got The Book and wishing she had behaved differently.
        I loved how see seemed so motherly as well.

It appears that Regina and Snow and Charming are becoming downright friendly, and if not friendly, then at least neutral towards each other. I'm glad she changed their minds about Emma and her power.
        Well, family ties do bond you!

Comment

I think the snow queen is just plain nuts.
          If she can ever stop trying to force a family she can have a family. But I don't know if her guilt can allow her to see that.
          About the only thing - which is entirely possible on this show - would be if her sister - elsa and anna's parents, comes back from the 'dead' and forgives her. That's what turned SQ nutso, her own sister turning on her. But if she has her 'anna', her devoted sister, then that may disarm her rage and her psychosis.

I just hope they wrap it up before the end of the season. It's starting to get old.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Aunti Vanilla as they're calling snow queen on the wiki, is indeed crazy. Se's focing a family because she does not have one, not freakin' duh! Her sister was killed by her own magic and her younger sister was lost at sea! I noticed as well the lengths of each ribbon. Helgas ribbon was the longest, Gerdas the shortest, Elsa has Helgas ribbon, Emma has Gerdas.

Gold also warned Snow Queen NOT to overestimate her powers; why ? Was he warning that power corrupted ? Or was he warning that Emma and Elsas powers were not to be harnessed ?

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

One question i had though all this.. If Mr Gold knew what the mirror was for and didn't want that spell cast, why didn't he shatter it/destroy it/take it, when he captured her?

Comment

I'm wondering if Anna and Hans are still frozen.

Comment

It would certainly explain where they've been all along
                  along with all of arrendale I think. Cause I think SQ froze it all

sigpic

Comment

I'm wondering if Anna and Hans are still frozen.
                    Maybe.. Maybe not. If she was still frozen, why would the 'crook' of little boe peep have said there was a heartbeat?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Maybe.. Maybe not. If she was still frozen, why would the 'crook' of little boe peep have said there was a heartbeat?
                      Anna was not hit in the heart; nor was Hans or Kristoff. They just can't move, they still are alive, just, frozen in place, unable to move. Arendelle is now pretty much the North Mountain itself because of that spell.

Also: I called it and was right: ABC pretty much confirmed that the amount of time of her memories that Elsa ha lost was "a day or recent events that transpired" Which included all memory of Ingrid as well. I guessed that Elsa lost anywhere between 24-48 hours of her memories. I was correct.

Comment

I love that Gold is evil again. :-)
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                          I love that Gold is evil again. :-)
                          I actually don't as i preferred him on his redemption to the light side of things. His going back to evil, just shows everyone who have shown trust in him is Stupid.

Comment

yeah, I kinda liked him trying to change. Evil is easy, just ask Regina. redemption is hard.

sigpic

Comment

Rewatched some scenes from the episode, there's a sweet little deleted scene betwene Elsa and Snow; its really cute and Elsa also explains the gloves as well {which confuses me because I thought Elsa got rid of them; she's got noplace to carry them either}. What I loved of it was Snow remarking of the beauty {sounded like she said the snowflakes were pretty} and then asked if she {Elsa} worried about Emma, Elsa nodds and makes the snowflakes disappear and then apologies about making the floor wet. Its a cute scene and the accent that Georgina has is PERFECT for the part

Comment

Working...
                              X