• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Flash Is Born (106)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON ONE
    THE FLASH IS BORN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 106
    Barry squares off against an old school bully who has become a meta-human who can turn himself into steel at will. Eddie starts asking questions after seeing the man's supernatural powers in action, and Joe asks Dr. Wells for help solving the murder of Nora Allen.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 22 January 2015, 10:09 PM.

Loved the ending and the chemistry between Joe and Wells. Hated the bad guy and his weird reason for going bad. He wanted Iris to write about him? He could have made his own blog, its not like Iris is famous.

Comment

Pretty cool episode, although I'm not sure why Barry needs 5.3 miles to get that kind of speed. How fast did he have to run when going up the building and\or on water? In those cases he had very little start time.

So now the guy who killed Barry's mother is threatening Joe\Iris. While the show (on the surface) is hinting at Wells, I'm still thinking he has good motives...for now.
      Last edited by Spimman; 20 November 2014, 11:09 AM. Reason: typo
      sigpic

Comment

His mother, his father is still alive.

Comment

Had to scoff a bit near the beginning, when Detective West and Eddie were shooting at the yellow Hummer--which was being flanked by two cop cars in pursuit. No bloody way would that happen when there was significant risk of friendly fire.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

About 6 months back some cops stop a guy for some reason. He pulls out his wallet and the cops open fire thinking it was a gun. Luckily they didn't hit the guy but they did hit some other guy standing near by.

Also a little while back. A mother and her five kids were pulled over on the highway. When the cop starts walking back to his car the lady takes off. The cop fires about six rounds into the rear of the car know there were five children in it.

Back in April of this year cops were called to a house where a guy was wearing body armor and had a handgun. I think they were called in because the guy was beating his wife. Any way the cops ended up shooting at each other in a crossfire. I believe the video is on youtube. I believe this was in Iowa. I think around 60 shots were fired even though the officers had a clear line of sight of each other. Last I heard the cops were being investigated for putting lives in danger.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              Pretty cool episode, although I'm not sure why Barry needs 5.3 miles to get that kind of speed. How fast did he have to run when going up the building and\or on water? In those cases he had very little start time.
              Perhaps he didn't need to get that fast of a speed for either of those. Where as to hit mach 1, he did.??

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              So now the guy who killed Barry's father is threatening Joe\Iris. While the show (on the surface) is hinting at Wells, I'm still thinking he has good motives...for now.
              If nothing else, maybe Wells had a hand in making him by that program he worked with the general on? Either that or 'Zoom" as some elsewhere are calling him, may have been turned meta from some other accident.

Comment

I personally don't believe the show runners when they say that Wells isn't Zoom, it just fits so well it's hard to believe that he isn't.

Comment

The only other person that could be Zoom is Eddie Thawn, but I really haven't seen any hints at that...although he was kind of clinging to Barry this week. I guess Zoom could be a complete unknown as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree, i feel this Zoom is an unknown.

Comment

So I still really enjoy the show, but too much Iris this week. And I am getting a little annoyed with the fights he is having. How is he being hit with his speed? It is annoying. The bad guy can turn into metal, so you can't hit him. Well you have super-speed so there are probably many other things you could do in the blink of an eye that don't involve trying to hit him. Another example I may have mentioned before was the freeze gun. Try to get people out of the way or instead take it away from the guy before he can pull the trigger?! It is a big weakness of the show that they are not thinking these things out better.

Comment

My only thoughts are that he is still new in using his powers, but his speed does seem a bit inconsistent at times. Although, I don't think they want him too strong either.

At 500 mph Barry is travelling roughly 730 feet\second. Should be tough to punch.
                        sigpic

Comment

Perhaps they are building his powers up, slowly so it doesn't overwhelm him.

Comment

Working...
                          X