• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coda (508)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON FIVE
    CODA
    EPISODE NUMBER - 508
    Rick hopes to make an exchange with the hospital work despite the fact that one of Officer Lerner's men is dead, leaving the fates of Beth and Carol in the balance. Meanwhile, Michonne and Carl lose the church.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 14 December 2014, 09:20 PM.

So, Beths gone...

Wasnt too suprising, but still hit quite hard. A very good way to end the first half of the season!
    Cant wait for whats next!

Comment

I did like this episode, but I didn't feel it was the "shocker" they are making it out to be online...I did like Beth, but it was watching Daryl and Maggie's grief that got to me.

WTH was Michonne doing opening up that door? The Reverend snuck out from under the floor and ran off and now because of him they were all at serious risk....it would of been fitting if he had met his end the same way as his parishioners (because of his cowardice)

How many weeks to wait to part 2 of the season?

Comment

I can't believe they killed Beth. Just when I started to like her after the prison. Why couldn't it have been Sasha or G.I. Jane that got killed. They are annoying.
        sigpic

Comment

I really liked the episode, and I liked Beth so I'm kind of disappointed that she died, but I also didn't find her death shocking or surprising or anything. I felt bad for Daryl. I might have felt bad for Maggie too if the show had actually shown her to be more concerned about her sister's well being before this episode. I think the only deaths that I would find surprising on this show would be if they decided to kill Glenn, Maggie, or Rick (I actually wouldn't mind Glenn or Maggie dying though).

I'm looking forward to the second half of the season. I wish the wait wasn't so long.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm sad about Beth. She began as a frail & whiny person. She grew into a strong & beautiful person. And so they blew her brains out.

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
            I might have felt bad for Maggie too if the show had actually shown her to be more concerned about her sister's well being before this episode.
            I found it quite odd.

I'm looking forward to the second half of the season. I wish the wait wasn't so long.
            I know, right? TWD is one of my favorites. How long must we wait? TVRage doesn't say.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
              I'm sad about Beth. She began as a frail & whiny person. She grew into a strong & beautiful person. And so they blew her brains out.

I found it quite odd.

I know, right? TWD is one of my favorites. How long must we wait? TVRage doesn't say.
              TWD is one of my favorites too. I believe it comes back Feb 8th.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                *LOL* and

Yes, when you think back, Beth certainly started out as an "I can't believe she survived this far" kinda character... And then when they give her some character development (what - just this season really, aside from the damn singing) just in time to kill her off.

I certainly wasn't expecting it... Thought they'd get both Beth and Carol back... Fool me. But of course... Frankly, we watch for the shocks, right? I mean, if they killed none of the main characters, we'd be whinging - "Ohhh for God Sakes - It's just turned into the Rory & Amy show!"
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                  I mean, if they killed none of the main characters, we'd be whinging - "Ohhh for God Sakes - It's just turned into the Rory & Amy show!"
                  True enough. TWD wouldn't be TWD if it didn't (usually?) lose at least one main character each season. And we would respect it less. After all, it's the zombie apocalypse: people die.

Comment

I do think it's a shame that they finally gave Beth the screen time, and really started giving her some action... then killed her... I'd rather have had a little more pay-off first... though of course we had Carol transform as well, and her character really has walked an interesting line...

RE other "safe" characters to kill off... I'm presuming Rick is basically there for good... I can't see the show existing without him - at least now that he's "come back"... Though of course, if they had time to build up another character as the lead.... THEN killed Rick... I guess things may be ok.

But yes - for sure, either Maggie or Glenn should be next... and I'd rather it be Maggie. That would neatly finish off the farm storyline. Glenn can get together with the new girl/s...
                    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                    and lots more!

Comment

But yes - for sure, either Maggie or Glenn should be next... and I'd rather it be Maggie. That would neatly finish off the farm storyline. Glenn can get together with the new girl/s...
                      I think it's going to be Glenn...
                      Spoiler:
                      any comic readers will remember how Maggie goes over the deep end and I think losing Glenn after her sister would certainly do it. I won't even mention what happens to Glenn, of course they do make big changes for the show and I love that!

Comment

Mmmmm interesting!

I'd hate to see Glenn go... I do like Maggie (mostly), but - I guess it was just his rather cool (unseen) introduction back in episode 1, followed up with fairly regular development throughout the series that has really endeared Glenn to me.

Meh - ok, as long as it's something cool like what almost happened with the cannibals! That reallly had me thinking he was a gonner!
                        and lots more!

Comment

RE other "safe" characters to kill off... I'm presuming Rick is basically there for good... I can't see the show existing without him - at least now that he's "come back"... Though of course, if they had time to build up another character as the lead.... THEN killed Rick... I guess things may be ok.
                          Daryl could fill the role of group leader. He's not far from it already. (Quite a journey of his own, woudn't you say?) If Rick died, Daryl could be "built up" over a few episodes. Rick still seems like the "safest" character, but thankfully, he's not invincible. "Now that he's 'come back'" I consider him to be slightly less safe than before. I'm glad. It's adds another small bit of uncertainty.

Comment

Actually, the way he dealt with the guy who ran... Seemed fairly cold for Rick...
                            and lots more!

Comment

Actually, the way he dealt with the guy who ran... Seemed fairly cold for Rick...
                              It was cold but necessary. Rick couldn't allow the guy to escape. The earlier, kinder Rick is gone forever, but I think he's finding a balance between that old Rick and the kind of man that Shane was. Rick now kills when it's necessary. (Remember, Shane criticized Rick for being unwilling to do so.) But Rick only kills out of necessity, not for convenience. That's still a big difference between Rick and a man like Shane.

For a while, there, Rick might have been more like Shane, less moral, but Rick has supposedly "come back" from it.

I hope I'm right about this. The season is already slipping away from me.

Comment

Working...
                              X