• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consumed (506)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON FIVE
    CONSUMED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 505
    Carol and Daryl set out on a dangerous mission into the city in the hopes of locating Beth, prompting Carol to recall her dark journey and question whether it is possible to return to who they once were.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 November 2014, 10:39 PM.

Well, at least we now know who Daryl's bringing back next week.

Nice story for Carol and Daryl.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I thought this was a good episode, it was nice to see Daryl and Carol together.
      Spoiler:
      So not nice to see her get hit by the car. I was hoping she was faking it when they showed her getting brought into the hospital a couple weeks ago. I liked the van scene, especially the raining walkers after. Of course when Daryl told Noah he had people too, he doesn't know 1/2 of them have left.....
      Only 2 more!!!

Comment

I was kind of meh on this episode until I watched the talking dead. Now I kind of like it. Best part for me was the part where Daryl wanted to leave Noah. The worse part was the van falling.

It was kind of interesting seeing Carol and Daryl switch position in regards to dealing with Noah. Daryl first stops Carol from killing him. Then Carol saves Noah after Daryl says to leave him.

The van scene was badly done because it first nose dives looking like it would hit hood first but somehow ends up landing on its tires.

I don't mind the flashbacks now but they were poorly done for the most part. I think they jumped around to much and distracted from the main plot. I know they wanted to hit upon the fire theme but they could have done it better or just focused on Daryl with the fire. If you didn't notice all the past flashbacks were Carol with fire and all the present day fires were with Daryl.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
          I was kind of meh on this episode until I watched the talking dead. Now I kind of like it. Best part for me was the part where Daryl wanted to leave Noah. The worse part was the van falling.

It was kind of interesting seeing Carol and Daryl switch position in regards to dealing with Noah. Daryl first stops Carol from killing him. Then Carol saves Noah after Daryl says to leave him.

The van scene was badly done because it first nose dives looking like it would hit hood first but somehow ends up landing on its tires.

I don't mind the flashbacks now but they were poorly done for the most part. I think they jumped around to much and distracted from the main plot. I know they wanted to hit upon the fire theme but they could have done it better or just focused on Daryl with the fire. If you didn't notice all the past flashbacks were Carol with fire and all the present day fires were with Daryl.
          I agree about the flash backs, my poor husband kept getting lost....He was also distracted by the van. Not how it landed but that there was no damage to it at all prior to the fall. I'm thinking if it hit a guardrail that big the front end would of at least had a scratch!

Comment

You're right that van should have been smashed if it hit hard enough to break a guardrail.

Comment

Tell me if I'm wrong... but don't airbags need a functional battery? Ok, maybe the van was only recently "lost" by the hospital group... but my thought was - there's no way that air-bag should deploy... but of course it did. And yes, gravity would have seen that van land on its roof/front end, not tyres...

Other than that... I actually really liked this story. We've seen very little episodes set in a big city (no doubt due to cost!), so it was really nice to see this one pretty much entirely in Atlanta. (Right?) I'm guessing their budget finally had enough fat to burn... or was there a whole heap of CGI that I missed?

I didn't really pick up on the fire theme/s... I'm just a film school graduate - doesn't mean I learned to pay attention to cinematic themes... :} The flashbacks weren't TOO bad, though I think I'd rather have seen patches from 1 or 2 times in Carols' past, not her whole life history. I actually thought to myself at one point - a nice little Sophia cameo would be lovely right about now... and even that deadbeat husband, not seen since early S1...

I was expecting the guys to pick Carol up... wasn't expecting them to hit her with their car! Interesting... I wonder if Carol will actually survive... Surely now she's not just a bung-collar bone (or whatever was wrong) but serious medical injury, which surely would be considered more value than she's worth/can feasibly pay back...
              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
              and lots more!

Comment

Airbags do not need a battery to deploy. I know they have gone off in cars without batteries or engines.

Comment

Some other forums I have ventured around and some podcast which I have listened to, all ask why these two did not get it on. What do you all think? Is that a relevant question, should we as an audience leave it alone or keep wondering why all these survivors aren’t getting down like our pals in GOT.

Personally, I enjoy the lack of....it seems more realistic.
                  2014-11-17.jpg
                  sigpic
                  Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
                  "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                  Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                  Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                  etc.....

Comment

I don't think everybody needs to be screwing everybody. I see no reason why a dude and a lady can't be just friends. However, I don't think Daryl sees Carol in a sexual way. I don't think Daryl thinks of anyone in a sexual way. I'm pretty sure Beth wasn't the only person throwing themselves at him. Carol probably thinks of him more like her son.

Comment

I was actually presuming that Carol and Daryl had gotten it on earlier on, back at the Prison when they were both being kinda coy... ???

But, certainly now, in this episode's context, no, I didn't feel like they should, or did, have sex...
                      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                      and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                      X