Ark Of Truth Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ark Of Truth Questions.

Howcome at the end the Ark was carted off to Area 51? Why couldn't it have been kept and studied at the SGC?

Weren't the people at SGC capable enough of studying it?

Oh and those replicators. Why did the IOA even have access to those blueprints to make replicators? And why did the computer system need removable cartridges, hell that was a throwback to video games when they came on cartridges, at least for me watching it I had to LOL when they did that. It was like a game cartridge and I was yelling at the TV "turn it over, turn it over" as I thought the other side of the cartridge would have the good code...
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Howcome at the end the Ark was carted off to Area 51? Why couldn't it have been kept and studied at the SGC?

Weren't the people at SGC capable enough of studying it?

Oh and those replicators. Why did the IOA even have access to those blueprints to make replicators? And why did the computer system need removable cartridges, hell that was a throwback to video games when they came on cartridges, at least for me watching it I had to LOL when they did that. It was like a game cartridge and I was yelling at the TV "turn it over, turn it over" as I thought the other side of the cartridge would have the good code...
    Because Area 51 is where the major research is done. The SGC only seems to have minor research capacities. It seems to be focused primarily on preliminary research as the SGC, e.g. to determine if it's worth studying later or how risky it is to move it. (and what it is, and what it does).

The IOA doesn't have replicator blueprints. As said in the movie, the crystal contained instructions for the core to construct a replicator, with the cipher, and the self-destruct.

As to the flipping of the crystal: quite honestly i thought that part was dumb. Marrick has zero qualifications as an engineer (any kind of). Of course it would be designed to be foolproof and user friendly.

Though i must add, the flipping of crystals having any meaning seems to be purely a feature of this crystal. we haven't seen it before, which is why they may not have thought of it.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      The IOA doesn't have replicator blueprints. As said in the movie, the crystal contained instructions for the core to construct a replicator, with the cipher, and the self-destruct.
      It still begs the question though, of where the IOA
      A) got a hold of the crystal that would interface and
      B) program it to do what it did
      from. Its not like these crystals are common ya know.

Comment

The IOA are sneaky buggers, they can get their hands on anything, they would have had access to the computer, more than likely DLed the programme and took out the crystal for use at a later date. As for the Ark, well most of the stuff was stored at Area 51 anyway.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          It still begs the question though, of where the IOA
          A) got a hold of the crystal that would interface and
          B) program it to do what it did
          from. Its not like these crystals are common ya know.
          The IOA pretty much controls the stargate. They could've ordered one of the engineers at Area 51 to devise the system.

Comment

They seem more like the purse string pullers, not full on controlers.

Comment

Working...
            X