No announcement yet.

MCU Phase Three is HERE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that was a lot of films. 3 more avengers, and a 3rd Captain and thor!

Comment

Breaking news: The long-rumored alliance between Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures is a go, Spider-Man is officially joining the MCU. The character's first solo outing will be July 28, 2017, previously scheduled as the release date for Thor: Ragnarok. The schedule for the remaining Phase 3 films will be shifting a bit to accommodate the new entry, and thus the updated Phase 3 slate is as follows (additions/changed dates are in bold):

May 6, 2016 - Captain America: Civil War

November 4, 2016 - Doctor Strange

May 5, 2017 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2

July 28, 2017 - untitled Spider-Man solo movie

November 3, 2017 - Thor: Ragnarok

May 4, 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1

July 6, 2018 - Black Panther

November 2, 2018 - Captain Marvel

May 3, 2019 - Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2

July 12, 2019 - Inhumans

ETA: There isn't enough ice in the world to help with that burn Fox is feeling right now...
      Last edited by Scary Kitty; 09 February 2015, 08:55 PM.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I don't understand the need for another person to play Spider-man. It doesn't seem that hard to me to incorporate the current one into the MCU
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I don't understand the need for another person to play Spider-man. It doesn't seem that hard to me to incorporate the current one into the MCU
          I can only guess it's due to the lack of any background contextual ties to the MCU. They're in New York, but no Stark Tower on the skyline? No references to the Battle of New York, news stories about Tony's shenanigans, Captain America visiting the troops, etc., on the TV in the background of a scene? Game over. One of the biggest hallmarks of the MCU that Marvel Studios prides itself on is the shared continuity between all the solo franchises, and none of the previous Spidey films has it.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So will this mean Xmen will also cross at some point?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Not until either hell freezes over, or there's a significant leadership change at Fox that actually wants to work with Marvel Studios. Don't hold your breath.

Comment

Well, i was thinking that since Sony is on board with marvel, why not fox as well?

Comment

Well, i was thinking that since Sony is on board with marvel, why not fox as well?
                  Never, ever assume that just because one wants to play nice, everyone does. This rivalry has been going on for YEARS, and Fox would rather run X-Men and Fantastic Four into the ground than even work with Marvel Studios, much less relinquish the film rights back to Marvel. Sorry honey, but you're just going to have to get used to disappointment on this issue.

Comment

Heck, the more the merrier, it seems!

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    That's the thing. I felt like smacking my forehead and going 'yet another one?!' I definitely understand the continuity problems but still, suddenly Marvel's phase 3 is looking very bloated.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                      That's the thing. I felt like smacking my forehead and going 'yet another one?!' I definitely understand the continuity problems but still, suddenly Marvel's phase 3 is looking very bloated.
                      Honestly, I feel the same way. I'm certainly interested in seeing how an MCU Spidey turns out, but there's a damn lot of stuff already going on. Phase 3 now has almost as many films as both Phase 1 and Phase 2 combined, for pity's sake.

Comment

Has there been any confirmed announcement of a solo Spider-Man film? I was under the impression that the Phase 3 schedule had just been rejigged to figure out how to work Spidey into the existing films?
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Has there been any confirmed announcement of a solo Spider-Man film? I was under the impression that the Phase 3 schedule had just been rejigged to figure out how to work Spidey into the existing films?
                          No he's getting his own film too. That was the purpose of the re-jig.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Oh, yeah I see it now. I didn't initially read the Marvel.com Spidey announcement, just their announcement of the schedule rejig.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Guardians of the Galaxy sequel just had it's official title leaked by none other than Kevin Feige (haha!):

http://collider.com/guardians-of-the...itle-revealed/
                              http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/29...title-revealed

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X