• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many Happy Returns (204)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON TWO
    MANY HAPPY RETURNS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 204
    Jaha is rescued by a family living in the desert, while Clarke and Anya attempt to elude capture in the forest. Raven is frustrated by her new limitations, and Bellamy's group attempts to rescue an Ark survivor from a cliff-face.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 November 2014, 10:39 PM.

What a frustrating end to the episode.
    Spoiler:
    I am really frustrated they killed Anya off. First, they're building her up, then they kill her off.

Comment

I was disappointed that Anya was killed, I liked her and she actually made me like Clarke more lol, but I thought that her death worked well with the tone of the show and everything else that was going on.

I really enjoyed the episode.
      sigpic

Comment

Yea, that the security ***** is one psycho trigger happy nut job. I loved the 'bonding moment' between Finn, and the others after rescuing that gal who was hanging. BUT hated that not ONE of them thought to have already been holding onto the rope before that one young kid fell to his doom.

Comment

That's going too far to call her a nutjob. She is just approaching the situation from a military standpoint. She had a point about a balloon.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

See was quick to get on mommy dearest and wanted her killed, rather than just lashed. it seems to me she is trigger happy.

Comment

One criticism I had of S2 was that it seems when we have these grand adventures, the team (for lack of a better word) get sidetracked into some problem that takes up a whole episode. This is one of these episodes. You have Bellamy and his friends (and Murphy) coming across an Ark station with a survivor. Its mostly a filler story to showcase too important aspect. The first one is to further explain how far Finn has sunk. He was willing to let a Sky Person die because of his blind pursuit of Clarke. The other part was to give Murphy redemption because of how he risked his life with the "seatbelt rope" to save the fallen girl. A problem with this is I find it hard to believe that they would give Murphy a gun after everything he has done. Clark and Anya was really more of what we say in the last episode. Clark realizes the Mountain Men are the common enemy and that they should work together with Anya distrustful of Clark. I really loved the part where Clark stabbed Anya with a tranquilizer. I know it was sad to see Anya die but I liked how it once again shows a realism for this show. I always wondered where Jaha landed because their are no deserts around the eastern United States. Makes me wonder how the nuclear strike changed the world. Besides that this episode is nice as it shows more insight into the Grounders society. I think this is the first time we get insight into the blood aspect of their culture. But it shows what happens to Grounders who don't agree with their tribal beliefs. Raven's story kind of bored me. Besides the obvious shipping of Raven and Wick it was used to show Raven getting used to her new disability. I didn't really understand the compliant about using a balloon to improve communication. Don't the Grounders already know where we are?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I really liked this episode, for the most part, anyway. I didn't really care much about what was happening with the girl hanging off the side of the mountain. Bellamy proved what a hero he could be. Murphy proved that he's not that he's not beyond redemption. And Finn's obsession with finding Clarke deepened. He and Murphy go off on their own because Bellamy needed to bring the girl they just rescued and the injured Monroe (I just remembered to mention that she played the first Cassandra on SG-1, I don't know if that's been said here before lol) back to camp.

Jaha's story with the outcast Grounder family was probably my favorite part of this episode. The family left their village because of the boy, Zoran's, deformity. Children born with defects were cast out of Grounder villages to "purify" the bloodlines. They're living in the Dead Zone, on their way to the City of Light. Jaha spends some time with them before the boy's father sells him out to the other Grounders in exchange for a horse. This is the first time we hear about the City of Light. Jaha understood that the family was just doing what they had to do to survive, a recurring theme during this season (and the show as a whole).

I also really liked the parts with Raven. She is one of my favorites, so I liked watching her deal with her paralysis and work on the beacon with Wick. She doesn't like accepting help or showing weakness, so having a paralyzed leg was a lot for her to overcome. She eventually does accept the leg brace that Wick made for her and figures out how to fix the beacon, but the overzealous and overly paranoid guard shoots it down.

I liked the parts with Clarke and Anya. I felt bad that Anya died, since I really liked the character, but I think it fit the show.
                Last edited by VampyreWraith; 02 January 2016, 05:06 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X