• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Fractured House (206)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON TWO
    A FRACTURED HOUSE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206
    Hydra attacks the United Nations posing as S.H.I.E.L.D., turning the world against the team. While May, Hunter, and Bobbi meet with a weapons dealer, Skye turns to Ward for help with his Senator brother.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 30 October 2014, 09:19 PM.

Very nice episode. I loved the fight scene with both May and Bobbi morse against those mercs. I also loved the tension betweeen bobby and her ex.

Didn't really like the scenes with Fitz and simmons, though i am hoping with the talking to Simmons got at the end of the ep, we will get some better scenes in eps to come.

Loved that tattoo guy getting the 'art work' done on him at the end of the ep as a teaser for going into future eps.

Comment

I liked the fitz and simmons scene. I also like the scene with Mac and Simmons. What I want to see is Mac and Fitz get closer and become the new fitz simmons. Besides I will be upset if we don't get a episode that is heavy on the Mac. I also want a Tripp episode. The camera loves those guys.

Another scene I really dug was the two Wards. Going back and fourth between the two was great. I'm not really sure who was lying and who was telling the truth at the end.

Comment

Another awesome episode. I had seen the promo at the end of last week's ep, but not any sneak peek scenes posted for this ep. The promo made it seem to me like Ward was going to be let out to help SHIELD with an op and I was *very* annoyed. I still don't trust Ward - for all his protestations that he realizes what he is and he would never lie to Skye.

The whole situation with his brother is really interesting. I like that it isn't clear which one of them is lying, though obviously one of them has to be. Is Senator Ward a seriously twisted man who has had the entire world fooled that he isn't a psychopath starting from when he was young? (Ward wouldn't have been in juvie if people believed his brother was the one forcing him to do the bad things. And Christian probably wouldn't have made it to the senate if people believed he was responsible for torturing his brothers.) Or is it Ward who is the real psycho? Telling people his brother forced him to torture his younger brother, when it was his idea all along. But that would mean that his promise never to lie to Skye has been broken. Hmmm. Is there any possibility the truth is somewhere in between? They were both psychos and now each tries to hide behind a facade of being "the good one"? The funny thing is that the one thing that has me thinking that Ward might be telling the truth is how he couldn't kill Buddy (the dog). Wouldn't someone who enjoys torturing family members not have any problem killing a dog? Not even get attached to the dog? Also, the way the show ended it seemed to lean towards Ward being bad...which makes me think it is some kind of fake-out. The real question: what will Ward do now that he is free? He can't go back to the team - they don't/won't believe he isn't evil. Will he try to expose his brother as a liar? Try to find Skye's father to bring him and Skye together? I'm thinking that would be his plan. He seems only to care about Skye and knows this is the one thing she wants to know about.

Oh, and Ward dislocating his joint in order to get his hand free of the handcuffs - nice callback to the episode 0-8-4 (season 1 ep 2) where May gets free of the ties.

I was worried I wouldn't like the ex-wife and ex-husband banter, but I thought it was nicely done. I liked that they tried to be civil to begin with, and the things they fought over were things like Bobbi being mad at him for coming in because she knew the guy was behind her with a gun. And Hunter talks about how it isn't great being with someone who remembers every little thing, but what really got me was his comment about how she was a master of deception. How do you trust someone who is a master of deception? What can you believe? I don't think I want to see them in a relationship again, but small doses of their banter is fun. Oh, and May had some lovely comedic moments such as the look she gives Bobbie when she asks if she ever talks to her ex and her line to Hunter, "You know I don't like you, right?" Priceless.

Love seeing Bobbi and May fighting. It would have been cool to see them in the same room helping each other fight, but it seemed appropriate to have Hunter in that role - the way they both went to sweep the bad guy's leg at the same time and how he tossed her a piece of wood to help finish the bad guy off.

Sad that the Belgian operative had to die. I like the idea of SHIELD having *some* allies! May told Talbot that they lost 6 people, so presumably all the new allies Coulson made didn't make it to the Belgian safehouse to be killed.

Interesting that Senator Ward has publicly talked about SHIELD vs. HYDRA. He publicly stated he will punish his brother, but his brother has broken free. Does this put the senator and SHIELD at odds again? Or is this a way to get SHIELD to be the good guys again, trying to capture the HYDRA agent? And how weird was it to see Talbot and May shake hands! I don't know that we'll see them that friendly again in the future.

Fitzsimmons. {sigh} In the first ep of the season Coulson says that Jemma thought it would be better for Fitz if she left. As much as he was missing her while she was gone, I think she was right. There would still have been the terrible awkwardness of his confession to her and her non-reciprocation. I think this is a rift that will heal over time. I'm glad the show lets things take time - Coulson was pissed at May for a little while after he found out she had been reporting to Fury and that she knew about the TAHITI project. And at some point Fitz will stop being angry at Jemma, but for now that's how he feels. Poor Jemma! And wonderful little talk between Mack and Jemma. I like how he explains that he only knows Fitz the way he is now - he's a little weird, but he likes him. Perhaps Mack will be the one to help bridge the gap between Fitz and Simmons.

Tag - I suppose we are meant to believe that the guy getting the tattoo is the one that did the alien carving on the painting, but perhaps there's more than 1 person out there doing the carving? Either way, can't wait to see more of that!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
          Another scene I really dug was the two Wards. Going back and fourth between the two was great. I'm not really sure who was lying and who was telling the truth at the end.
          Perhaps BOTH were lying. Heck perhaps Elder brother ward is also a Hydra agent, and was usin this as a way to break out younger brother?

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
          Tag - I suppose we are meant to believe that the guy getting the tattoo is the one that did the alien carving on the painting, but perhaps there's more than 1 person out there doing the carving? Either way, can't wait to see more of that!
          Being we never found out where he was at getting that tat, who knows. BUT i am leaning to he is another person doing the carvings.

Comment

WOW! The episodes just keep getting better and better and FINALLY they at least mentioned the Avengers; FINALLY! FINALLY! Anyway, I loved this episode despite the PAINFULLY predictable conclusion. It has amazed me how this season has been night and day better than the beginning of last season, but Ward escaping was Season One predictable. Still that didn't ruin the episode. The scene with the two Wards was brilliant. I wouldn't be surprised if Senator Ward knew getting Coulson to turn his younger brother would give his younger brother a chance to escape. I did like Ward being in the basement, but I knew it couldn't last forever. And I am soOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy it appears they are not going to redeem him after all. This was definitely his best episode to date and adding Tim DeKay as his brother is just icing on the cake. WOW! that was a brilliant scene. People who gave up during Season One are REALLY missing out.

Comment

I don't think them mentioning the Attack on NY really counts as a mention of the avengers.

Comment

They actually said, "The Avengers" after the attack on New York was brought up.

Comment

I found a little error during this episode. Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 22.29.52.jpg They forgot to replace the MetLife Building with Stark/Avengers tower.

Comment

Working...
                  X