• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inclement Weather (202)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON TWO
    INCLEMENT WEATHER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 202
    After a patrol returns injured Clarke confronts President Wallace, convinced that her people are being lied to. Abby is forced to perform an emergency surgery on Raven, while Octavia goes to great lengths to help Lincoln. On the remains of the orbital Ark, Jaha discovers another survivor.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 30 October 2014, 10:37 PM.

Wozers!.. So we have potentially some of the Mt Weather people shot by the newly arived Arc survivors. Octavia being brought back from the bring by her man's friend, who she then uses to get him back.. though they end up captured by reavers.
    And my mouth went agape when we saw the president (chancellor?) shoot himself out in that missile. I thought the baby was hammed as him dreaming but it WOULD have been an interesting twist had it been real.
    As to the last scene, where Clark finds out the dirty little secret. Guess i was right. They ARE using grounders (and possibly other survivors of the 100) as unwilling blood doners to gene therapy themselves up.
    NOW i really hate the Mt weather people.

Comment

We don't really know what they are using the Grounders for. Just that they are being locked up in cages. Granted its probably nothing good
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Crap, they are a bunch of vampires. What the hell?!?

Jaha to ground - in the middle of San Francisco which is now a desert.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Which makes me wonder. What state was Mount Weather supposed to be in?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Which makes me wonder. What state was Mount Weather supposed to be in?
            As far as I can remember I don't think that was ever mentioned... *shrug*
            But I have a feeling Jaha has a long way to go before he can meet up with his Skypeople.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So he's alive and down on earth, but so far away he might as well be dead..

Comment

Not a whole lot happened in this episode. Its kind of what I mentioned in the last review. Their are stories but the majority of is just advancing the arc to those payoff episodes. Its one of my many criticisms of serialized tv. Some episodes are dull to justify great episodes. The story of Clarke is just her piecing together what is going on with no one believing her. This point is explained in how Jasper and Monty doubt her. The boredom is to overplay the wow factor when we learn that Mt. Weather is using the Grounder's blood to fight radiation exposure. I always wished this had been explained more as it makes no sense in the real world and our current science knowledge. I am able to suspend my belief since the show takes place 100 years into the future but I would like a reason. I kind of glossed over Bellamy and Murphy settling their differences and the whole Raven surgery. It was there and important but not awe opening. I was more interested in the aftermath like how Raven has paralysis in one of her legs and how Abby went behind Kane's back to break Bellamy out. While some characters have changed its clear that Abby has not and still does what she wants only following her own moral compass. Next the Octavia story was my favorite. It shows how much a badass (I wonder if I can say that here. We'll see what the filters say). The way she takes a knife to the healer and just walks in to meet Indria. and demands they release Lincoln. I forgot how demanding and forceful Octavia can be. Too bad he was taken by Reapers. I forgot that happened on this rewatch. Shows the beauty of rewatching a show. I do wonder why they didn't take Octavia. I have a theory but I don't want to list spoilers so I'll place in the next episode review. I think the Jaha story and ghost Wells is the most important of the whole episode. I like how it shows Jaha has spent his whole life fighting for the others and now that he is alone he has given up. It takes an abandoned baby for him to find a way to Earth. It speaks to me of the self-sacrificing nature of Jaha. It reinforces that his character is always to think of others over himself.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

For the most part, I really liked this episode. Jaha hallucinating the baby was interesting, he needed a reason to keep on living and the baby and the Wells gave him that. Throughout the episode, I was hoping that the baby would turn out to be a hallucination, since I couldn't believe that a baby would have survived by itself for all that time, and without Jaha hearing it earlier.

Loved Octavia trying to get Lincoln back. She's one of my favorite characters, and I really like her relationship with Lincoln (and it's pretty rare that I really like a tv romantic pairing lol).

Even though Clarke ended up being right about Mt. Weather, Jasper standing up to her in this episode seems to be the start of something that continues throughout the season for him.

I also wished they had explained how the treatments work. I really didn't like (or understand how) the treatments of Grounder blood healed the radiation poisoning, burns and all, especially in such a short period of time. From what we've seen the Grounders don't have advanced healing abilities that would make the burns disappear the way they did. I can sort buy that replacing the contaminated blood with fresh Grounder blood (blood with the ability to metabolize radiation?) might help treat radiation exposure in the Mt. Weather residents, but I have a problem with how quickly it works and how the burns seem to miraculously go away.
                  sigpic

Comment

That was one of the stranger things to me to, but they had to show US the viewer that it was working.. What easier way than have the wounds disappear.

Comment

Yeah, I figured that was the reason ( along with the fact that they needed Clarke to see the guy all almost healed so she would be suspicious and follow him) but I think that they could've made it less drastic, so it wouldn't have looked as weird/off.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X