• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 48 (201)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON TWO
    THE 48
    EPISODE NUMBER - 201
    Clarke finds herself trapped in the underground colony of survivors inside Mount Weather, where her friends are convinced they should stay. Bellamy tries to rescue Finn, now a captive of a Grounder survivor. Octavia relies on Lincoln after she is poisoned, and Raven and Murphy are near death inside the drop ship.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 October 2014, 11:09 PM.

Well, that was an interesting start to the new season...

Can I say, though, I'm with Clarke. I don't trust those subterraneans either. They are far too suspicious. I'll take a Grounder over these Mountain-folk any day. There's definitely something fishy about them.

From the looks of it, the new season's could just bring us some more interesting storylines. I hope they don't disappoint.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I am also suspicious. I am thinking it might be down to something as simple as they NEED those 48 survivors down there, to somehow bleed the resistance out of them and into the 'mountain dwellers', so they too can go outside.
      I also loved how Kane and co came onto the scene just in time to save Bellamy and Finn!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        I am also suspicious. I am thinking it might be down to something as simple as they NEED those 48 survivors down there, to somehow bleed the resistance out of them and into the 'mountain dwellers', so they too can go outside.
        My alarmbells went off big time... and I'm not even one of the 100 (or the few that are still left anyway).

I also loved how Kane and co came onto the scene just in time to save Bellamy and Finn!
        I especially liked the two kids that were with Bellamy. Not all of them have it them, and even with them down surviving for a while now... there are still some who retain their innocent, albeit cowardly nature. Yet when the need arises to act, they will come through in the end. I was just really glad, Kane showed up to make sure they didn't try in vain, cause I'm damn sure the Grounder would have sliced them up real good otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I especially liked the two kids that were with Bellamy. Not all of them have it them, and even with them down surviving for a while now... there are still some who retain their innocent, albeit cowardly nature. Yet when the need arises to act, they will come through in the end. I was just really glad, Kane showed up to make sure they didn't try in vain, cause I'm damn sure the Grounder would have sliced them up real good otherwise.
          I laugh when that happen, especially when Bellamy relies they weren't behind him.

Good episode.

I agree the mount weather people are to good to be true. I just hope none of the 48 develops a chocolate addiction whilst they are down there. The base supplies must be extensive if they still got such well stock art supplies laying around.

I like we are seeing Jaha on the station, I was fearful that those scenes would be cut and he would die off screen. Hope Kane learn to work with teenangers and is not taken in by Murphy.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            I laugh when that happen, especially when Bellamy relies they weren't behind him.
            Yup, when he realizes they're not with him, he knows he's toast. But he goes for it anyway.

The base supplies must be extensive if they still got such well stock art supplies laying around.
            Or they have supplies come in from somewhere else. Time will tell.

I like we are seeing Jaha on the station, I was fearful that those scenes would be cut and he would die off screen.
            As long as they don't stretch that too far. There's only so much a person can do without oxygen.

Hope Kane learn to work with teenangers and is not taken in by Murphy.
            You can bet on it that Murphy's gonna be trouble - he'll just continue his streak of evil.

Kane's gonna have to learn to deal.

Comment

I like we are seeing Jaha on the station, I was fearful that those scenes would be cut and he would die off screen. Hope Kane learn to work with teenangers and is not taken in by Murphy.

I also liked how Kanes' 2nd in command (or commander Gaeta from Galactica) named the new 'camp' Camp Jaha, in honor of him. Though that baby crying at the end gave me pause..

Comment

Loved the season premiere.

The Mt. Weather people seem really shady. Did I hear him wrong or did the leader say that he sent people out to search for more of the kids and to the Ark crash sites and that they didn't find anyone?

That girl Clarke attacked looked sick (even before Clarke attacked her) and she looked like she was getting her blood filtered (like she was getting dialysis?). Maybe they're planning on using Clarke and the others as spare parts lol. Or maybe for breeding?
                sigpic

Comment

I also liked how Kanes' 2nd in command (or commander Gaeta from Galactica) named the new 'camp' Camp Jaha, in honor of him. Though that baby crying at the end gave me pause..

I don't think Jaha is going to go away anytime soon because of that. It serves as a good motivator for Jaha to find a way to Earth as opposed to giving up...it seemed that in his greif he felt that was a perfectly good option. It aint so anymore.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    Loved the season premiere.

The Mt. Weather people seem really shady. Did I hear him wrong or did the leader say that he sent people out to search for more of the kids and to the Ark crash sites and that they didn't find anyone?
                    That's what the leader said. BUT do we really see them searching? NO. Heck we don't even see any of them outside.

Comment

That's what the leader said. BUT do we really see them searching? NO. Heck we don't even see any of them outside.
                      That's what really made me think he was a liar and that the Mt. Weather people are up most likely up to no good. He was either flat-out lying about sending people out to search or he could have actually sent people out to the crash sites and back to where the kids were staying; but if he did, they should have found people or at least noticed signs that there were more survivors.
                      sigpic

Comment

You know how The 100 does not follow the clichés of normal shows? This not one of those episodes. So after the repelling of the Grounder attack we find Clarke and 48 other people are the guests of Mt. Weather. It seems obvious that the people of Mt. Weather are lieing which we soon learn is true. What is not obvious is the science. I can buy the solar radiation from the Ark people allows them to survive the radiation on Earth. Its hard to believe that in 97 years the natural selection of Grounders has allowed them to become resistant to deadly radiation. The rest of the Mt. Weather story is just Clarke trying to escape. Its a slow moving story that I think doesn't pay off until later. Its a been a long time since we watched S2 but I find it hard to believe that a little under half of the 100 is dead. The other stories of this episode are what I call build ups. They have no point except to further character stories. First we find out what happened to Belamy and Finn. Tristan is still alive and has captured Finn. The whole point I think is to show how brave Belamy is as he was willing to attack the Grounders but the other 100 were. It also is over kind of quick as Bellamy fails and is saved only because over the Guard. That leads us to Raven and Murphy. Its nothing but a banter of how much they hate each other. I found myself bored with this until the Guard showing up. I remember liking watching Murphy and Bellamy fight only for Kane to shock them and put them in their place. It makes a precedent that Belamy might have been the person in charge but that is no more now that the Ark is on the ground. The Octavia story is just the start of her character story. All it is Lincoln finds the arrow from last season poisoned her and now Lincoln is running to go get a healer. Can also I say how weird and unrealistic to say Lincoln's village is the former location of the Lincoln Memorial. I may have given off the impression that I dislike this episode. I didn't but everything is so fractured in the premiere as their is building for the seasons arcs of S2 that by itself not much happens in this episode
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

The whole thing with the lincoln memorial imo was only done to give it some way to tie into our proper earth..

Comment

I didn't have much of a problem suspending disbelief regarding how the grounders survived. The way I understood what was meant by natural selection allowing the Grounders to be able survive in the radiation outside, is that when the bombs dropped and the Earth became soaked in radiation, there were people/animals/trees that were more resistant to the radiation (they would have had to have a preadaptation, genetic mutation or something that allowed for this, and I was fine in believing that there could be something like that). The larger a population, the more likely there is to be greater genetic variation, the more chances there are there to find people with a rare mutation/preadaptation that would allow them to survive. They survived while everything else died. That was the initial natural selection. The population of people that survived because of their preadaptation/mutation are the Grounders ancestors. Then through further natural selection and artificial selection(the grounders casting out deformed children) they developed a stable healthy population. The process doesn't have to take a long time.

The people in Mt. Weather were there since before the Earth became soaked in radiation, they never experienced that initial die off of non-radiation resistant people. Their population was rather small (compared to the millions/billions of people outside), so there was less of a chance that anyone would have carried that mutation or whatever that allowed them to metabolize radiation and pass it on to their children, so the population would remain vulnerable to the radiation. I actually had more of a problem believing that the people on the Ark could've survived the solar radiation, since their population was smaller. It wasn't until later in the season when Abby mentioned something that it made more sense.

Since I already commented on this episode here after it aired, I'm not really going to say anything else about it now.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X