Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... Here's a question... Where's the Helicarrier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... Here's a question... Where's the Helicarrier?

Obviously in Winter Soldier we got to see Cap and company destroy the three Insight carriers, but what about the original we saw in Avengers? Hydra has now taken over but there was no mention in Winter Soldier or Shield about what happened to it. Is it still out there? Cloaked and either the last bastion of SHIELD or as HYdra's new flagship. Or is it perhaps parked up in a hanger somewhere waiting for Coulson to track it down.

Personally I'd love for Coulson to find where it's at and take it back. Even if it's still damaged from The Avengers. Coulson could do with his own Helicarrier.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Perhaps it was in dry dock for repairs.. We never got told.

Comment

Fury probably stuck it away for safe keeping in a bunker somewhere.

Comment

I think it$ been fixed up and Fury ha$ hid it like Garhkal and Knovvle$ $aid
        Last edited by pookey; 19 October 2014, 12:34 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

I think the helicarrier was still in service at the time of the fall of SHIELD. Even the US Navy doesn't scrap an older version of the same class of ship when a new version is launched with some upgrades.

As for it's fate, 1 of these options might be true:

1. Destroyed with all hands during the fight for control between Shield and Hydra,

2. Secured by loyal shield agents and hidden from hydra,

3. Captured by Hydra and in the process of being upgraded to Insight specs,

4. In dock at a US naval base during the fall and secured by US naval and marine forces.

[As for the supposed "helicarrier" that appered in "End of the Begining" it wasn't that, it was an Aircraft Carrier because it didn't have the characteristic flight deck layout of the HeliCarrier and you can see the typical navy jets on its flight deck.

In fact the Aircraft Carrier was the CVN-74 USS John C. Stennis.]

Comment

Ohh.. Imagine if it was upgrded to project Insight specs.

Comment

I really want Coulson to find it. I can just imagine the rest of the team losing against Hydra and things looking bleak when suddenly a couple of F-35's fly over head followed by the Helicarrier drifting over and de-cloaking.

Comment

Also, where's Iron man and Captain America? What of Hawkeye and Natasha.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  I really want Coulson to find it. I can just imagine the rest of the team losing against Hydra and things looking bleak when suddenly a couple of F-35's fly over head followed by the Helicarrier drifting over and de-cloaking.

I wished for a similar scene in the SGA episode where Sheppard killed Kolya. Having the Daedalus descend over the town and soldiers beaming in all over would have been an awesome addition to their final standoff.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Also, where's Iron man and Captain America? What of Hawkeye and Natasha.
                    In the movies, not the TV show.

There have been a large number of references to them in the show, but we're unlikely to see them except possibly in movie tie-in episodes.

Comment

Why though. Fury showed up. So too Lady Sif.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Why though. Fury showed up. So too Lady Sif.
                        Because Fury is their boss and Sif was there because the story demanded it. The Avengers have bigger things to take care of.

Comment

Money too probably, think how much it would cost for RDJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Money too probably, think how much it would cost for RDJ?
                            Indeed. Even if he was in it it would just be a walk on like SLJ's appearances.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              Because Fury is their boss and Sif was there because the story demanded it. The Avengers have bigger things to take care of.
                              Like what? How is not taking on Hydra a big concern?

Comment

Working...
                              X