Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain America: Civil War. (News/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not impressed.

I've really enjoyed MCU, and have properly fanboyed out about it, ensuring I watch everything in the correct order - with all of the films and the TV series.

I was expecting so much more from this. As my partner described it... it wasn't a civil war, it was a disagreement with fisty-cuffs.

Normally I'm a huge Captain America supporter, I think he's all kinds of heroic and noble. Yet here... christ he was SO obviously wrong. A self authorising task force is just all kinds of inappropriate, they DO need to be held accountable for their actions. The Avengers began as a tool of the establishment, and that's what it should remain. A private enterprise is entirely vigilantism, which though I can condone at a local level (Daredevil), is distinctly not appropriate when it pertains to infringements of sovereignty and international affairs. Steve was being emotional and unobjective.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I loved how the movie set up the conflict. I knew exactly why the Sokovia Accords were created, I could appreciate why Cap chose his side and why Tony chose his. I liked how both sides could make a reasonable case for themselves. But once the big battle began, the movie almost seemed to side step the actual issue it brought up. Most of the war wasn't actually about the principles behind registering. Cap's team was going after the actual culprits behind the bombing and Iron Man's team was just there to stop them. So what narrative reason does the audience have to root for them besides coolness factor? And the final battle occurred only because Tony was emotional and not thinking clearly. I didn't like how they set up a morally ambiguous scenario and then didn't fully commit.
      Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 24 May 2016, 12:42 PM.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Ok...well...I finally got my tickets to see Captain America: Civil War! In 2 hrs and 10 minutes...I will be munching on a bison burger at my favorite theater and watching the coming attractions. I truly hope that this movie lives up to the hype. I really enjoyed the other Captain America movies.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          Ok...well...I finally got my tickets to see Captain America: Civil War! In 2 hrs and 10 minutes...I will be munching on a bison burger at my favorite theater and watching the coming attractions. I truly hope that this movie lives up to the hype. I really enjoyed the other Captain America movies.
          As in the theater serves bison burgers or you smuggled one in?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            As in the theater serves bison burgers or you smuggled one in?
            Yes, the theater serves bison burgers. It is a dine-in theater.

Well...I enjoyed the flick! I felt the movie was well constructed...and easy to follow.

Even though this is not part of the movie...what do you guys think of the latest Captain America revelation? That he is...
            Spoiler:
            part of Hydra!
            sigpic

Comment

IMO that's pure fan fic drivel..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                IMO that's pure fan fic drivel..
                Not according to a Time Magazine article. It starts out with, "Sure, he wears red white and blue on the outside, but on the inside? It turns out Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America, supports the evil, former Nazi organization, Hydra."
                sigpic

Comment

And people wonder why i steer clear of the newer comics, what with all the retcons, revamps, rehashes etc..

Comment

and people wonder why i steer clear of the newer comics, what with all the retcons, revamps, rehashes etc..
                    roflmao
                    sigpic

Comment

And people wonder why i steer clear of the newer comics, what with all the retcons, revamps, rehashes etc..
                      Don't count out the story line yet. You don't know where they are going with this.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, last time i even got comics was around 96-97 neck of the woods and maybe one here or there up through 99.. So i have a large chunk of stuff to catch up on if i did get back into them.

Comment

Well, last time i even got comics was around 96-97 neck of the woods and maybe one here or there up through 99.. So i have a large chunk of stuff to catch up on if i did get back into them.
                          I'm not even touching anything before the 90's...well, except for X-Men. But it is taking for ever...there's just so many issues!!!! O.O
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

http://www.people.com/article/team-t...ss-fullcontent
                            What Thor and Bruce Banner were up to during Civil War...

Comment

I'm fan of Captain America

Comment

Working...
                              X