Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain America: Civil War. (News/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain America: Civil War. (News/Discussion/Spoilers)

Thoughts on this? Will it work in the movies?

Civil War

Im With Deadpool

Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

They've barely touched on non-super soldier super powers yet, much less secret identities. Even without the big guns of mutants and Spiderman, I just don't see there being enough powered people and time to establish what they need to do a good Civil War storyline.?
      sigpic

Comment

No it won't. It didn't work as a comic. Why does Marvel keep pushing that storyline? They wrecked the 2nd Ultimate Alliance game with it as well.

They only have so many 'superheroes' and they're all in the Avengers. They need a lot more characters to do it properly and they'll have the cast no-name actors in the role to get them all in a single film.

Maybe its like Age Of Ultron? They've stolen the title not used the actual plot? *crosses fingers*
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Keep in mind that it won't exactly be the civil war story line as we know it and given the events of the film series I think it makes perfect sense. Between SHIELD now being considered outlaws and Hydra taking an interest in super powered humans then I think it's fair to say that the government would put restrictions on such things. We already know that Tony became a lot more paranoid after the Avengers as we saw in Iron Man 3, and Cap is considered a fugitive. Not only that, but he is trying to hunt down and save an old friend who is considered an enemy soldier.

Add all these events together and I can imagine Iron Man and Cap coming to blows.... god knows they didn't get along very well to start with anyway.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            Keep in mind that it won't exactly be the civil war story line as we know it and given the events of the film series I think it makes perfect sense. Between SHIELD now being considered outlaws and Hydra taking an interest in super powered humans then I think it's fair to say that the government would put restrictions on such things. We already know that Tony became a lot more paranoid after the Avengers as we saw in Iron Man 3, and Cap is considered a fugitive. Not only that, but he is trying to hunt down and save an old friend who is considered an enemy soldier.

Add all these events together and I can imagine Iron Man and Cap coming to blows.... god knows they didn't get along very well to start with anyway.
            Doesn't that in and of itself almost defeat the whole purpose of the Civil War storyline? I thought the point of the tragedy in the comics is that they were old friends who became enemies. Not guys who didn't really get along well who became enemies.

Honestly from what I know of the story in the comics it sounds like a truly terrible idea. It worked a little better in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, but even then I don't think it will translate well to the films. In the game there might have even been a little bit of mockery of how poorly it was executed in the original format.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Rumour Alert! Daniel Bruhl's character to be a Silver Age villain?

Maybe we ought to just ask for this to be the official Cap 3 thread?
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Good idea, Ill request it!

Comment

Since the MCU is not in the same 'reality' it seems as mutants, i also don't see a lot of 'superhumans' that would qualify.. Though in the early parts of S1 of Agents of shield, didn't Coulson mention that they tracked kinetics??

Comment

http://cultfix.co.uk/captain-america...cast-29188.htm
                    Martin Freeman cast, not stated who hes playing though

Comment

Nice.. He impressed me with the role of Bilbo in the hobbit films.

Comment

Good god. Captain America 3 just turned into Avengers 2.5 with the announcement of the whole cast of characters.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24586/...rica_civil_war

Spoilers for the Avengers:

Spoiler:
                        Captain America
                        Ironman
                        Black Widow
                        The Winter Soldier
                        Falcon
                        Vision
                        Hawkeye
                        War Machine
                        Scarlet Witch
                        Ant Man
                        Black Panther
                        Spiderman
                        Agent 13
                        General Thadeus Ross (Incredible Hulk finally getting some recognition)
                        Martin Freeman in an undisclosed role

There are more Avengers than in Age of Ultron in the upcoming movie.
                        sigpic

Comment

Grrr, I need to see Age of Ultron, keeping me from reading all this exciting news!

Comment

Yeah trust me, don't open that box.

Or this one

Spoiler:
                            There's nothing here, just messing with Teddy
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the warning! I saw part of the news on IMDB earlier and managed to avoid major spoilers. I can guess how the film ends as I know what the Civil War comic is about, I just dont want the actual film to be spoiled.

Hence why Im avoiding Agents of SHIELD for the moment as well. Hoping to see AoU soon though.

Comment

Working...
                              X