The flash and lack of humour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The flash and lack of humour

well as most know the flash is suppose to be quick with comebacks and a pretty funny character, but in the series he hasn't really been like that, personally I think the producers/writers would like to grow barry in to this kind of character.

Opinions?

Agree.Agree.Agree.

I really like this show, but Barry needs to be less serious, mopey and unsure of himself. That being said, I think this is already being address with his "team" starting to believe in him and encourage him. Hopefully as his self-esteem grows we'll see more of that classic Flash prankster\humor come out!
    sigpic

Comment

Not knowing anything about this character from the comics I'm just thinking that humour will evolve as the character becomes more comfortable with his odd situation. Given that he's feeling a little frustrated and confused as to what he can do with his powers his sense of humour ends up in the background. As he gets to know the people around him I'd be surprised if humour didn't come into character interactions gradually.

Humour is an integral part of good well balanced character interaction I feel. If the writers don't bring this aspect in then for me it would be hard going. Those shows that have characters throw in a witty humorous quip here and there whilst facing difficult situations helps to make them human in the face of impossible odds and are the ones that I enjoy watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        Not knowing anything about this character from the comics I'm just thinking that humour will evolve as the character becomes more comfortable with his odd situation. Given that he's feeling a little frustrated and confused as to what he can do with his powers his sense of humour ends up in the background. As he gets to know the people around him I'd be surprised if humour didn't come into character interactions gradually.
        This makes sense. From the animated series (I haven't read the comics) we usually meet an older (maybe 25-40 year old) Flash, so I agree there is plenty of time for him to develop.

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        Humour is an integral part of good well balanced character interaction I feel. If the writers don't bring this aspect in then for me it would be hard going. Those shows that have characters throw in a witty humorous quip here and there whilst facing difficult situations helps to make them human in the face of impossible odds and are the ones that I enjoy watching.
        I do love some humor, but there are plenty of superheroes that are really cool and yet rarely funny. Batman being an obvious example. Batman, Superman, Aquaman...they all tend to be the big, strong, tough, more stoic Alpha male type superhero where as The Flash never really fit the same mold as those guys. Even the CW's Arrow is much more serious, yet I enjoy the show!

So far the only funny character on the show is Cisco Ramon and I really like him as part of the team!
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X