• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slabtown (504)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON FIVE
    SLABTOWN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 504
    Beth awakens in an Atlanta hospital, where a group of survivors carry on with a very different life and an uncertain power dynamic.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 15 November 2014, 10:52 PM.

Well, my first impressions at the half-way point:

1.) The Atlanta hospital group are a lot like the Terminus group.

2.) This is looking like a bad women's prison movie from the 60's.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

At the end of the show:

3.) Carol and Daryl probably found Noah and he is the guy who Daryl has brought back to the others.

4.) Carol has either actually been injured, or is possibly just playing possum so she could get in to the hospital. In either case, at least Daryl has probably already talked to Noah (and possibly Carol as well). I don't see him leaving Carol in the hands of strangers whose intentions are unknown after the group's dealings with the Termites.

5.) I thought they were going with a baby factory plot for a while. Instead it's just a thing of keeping a slave population and whoring out a bunch of women to keep a bunch of male cops in line. Meh.

6.) I'm kind of surprised that the Hospital group didn't have a better handle on their surroundings. If they did get a few extra men they could have used them to clear out some of those walkers that were cluttering up the place, like where they park their cars.

They could always kill them off later (or at least set them up to get eaten).

regards,
      G.
      Go for Marty...

Comment

Interesting episode. Nice to see another Beth-centric story. In fact - this would be the first, wouldn't it?

Like Carol, she's come a long way from where we first met her. I guess in many way's she's the Number One Survivor Who Shouldn't Be Alive...

The concept of paying back what you owe reminded me of the older brother in Malcolm in the Middle, when he lived in Alaska, and was continually gorged by the convenience store there... Of course, he didn't have the added threat of rape...

I know this is a HORRID thing to say... and it was admittedly kind of implied last season (Governer/Maggie), but I'm surprised that there hasn't been more rape storylines in the show, given the dire nature of the world they now inhabit. I think this episode actually balanced it quite well... and indeed, essentially metering out justice...
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

I don't think the handled the rape situation well at all. It annoyed me that they couldn't use the word rape but they can show people being murdered in savage ways. I'm not saying I want them to show graphic rape scenes like in game of thrones, I just want them to talk about it like adults.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
            I don't think the handled the rape situation well at all. It annoyed me that they couldn't use the word rape but they can show people being murdered in savage ways. I'm not saying I want them to show graphic rape scenes like in game of thrones, I just want them to talk about it like adults.
            Good point.

regards,
            D.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

I think the whole hospital plot line is ill-conceived: they're injuring people to heal them so they'll owe them and stay to heal more people they've injured? And they're only taking the "weak" ones, so what's the point? They're only extra mouths to feed and they're wasting meds on people they've injured themselves. If anything, the cops are only getting a bunch of women they can rape and there are probably easier ways to get a woman to rape in an Apocalypse.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                At the end of the show:

3.) Carol and Daryl probably found Noah and he is the guy who Daryl has brought back to the others.

4.) Carol has either actually been injured, or is possibly just playing possum so she could get in to the hospital. In either case, at least Daryl has probably already talked to Noah (and possibly Carol as well). I don't see him leaving Carol in the hands of strangers whose intentions are unknown after the group's dealings with the Termites.

5.) I thought they were going with a baby factory plot for a while. Instead it's just a thing of keeping a slave population and whoring out a bunch of women to keep a bunch of male cops in line. Meh.

6.) I'm kind of surprised that the Hospital group didn't have a better handle on their surroundings. If they did get a few extra men they could have used them to clear out some of those walkers that were cluttering up the place, like where they park their cars.

They could always kill them off later (or at least set them up to get eaten).

regards,
                G.
                I also kind of Suspect that Morgan is the uncle Noah mentioned he was looking for
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                  I also kind of Suspect that Morgan is the uncle Noah mentioned he was looking for
                  This would be an interesting angle.

regards,
                  G.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                  X