• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Hen in the Wolf House (205)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON TWO
    A HEN IN THE WOLF HOUSE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 205
    When Hydra uncovers the presence of a mole in their ranks, Jemma comes under scrutiny from their ruthless security chief, Bobbi Morse. Under pressure from Skye's mysterious father, Raina reaches out to Coulson in an attempt to force a family reunion.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 25 October 2014, 08:48 PM.

Holy taledo batman. This ep was full of suspense. The twist of Morse being another mole sent in to keep watch i never expected. Let alone her being the 'devilish ex-wife' we keep hearing about.
    As to Skye. I loved how she pressured Coulson, on the alien writing. And her reaction to ward/raina's comments of her 'daddy dearest'. BUT hated that she flipped out so easily on her dad being a monster.

Comment

I had to work late and couldn't watch the episode last night, but I was lucky enough to see it at PaleyFest on Sunday. I was on the edge of my seat!!! I'll have to write more when I can rewatch the episode, but some initial thoughts (in no particular order):
      --At the end of last week's episode I wondered what Raina would do since Whitehall was forcing her to get the obelisk for him. I wondered if she would be more afraid of Skye's father or Whitehall. But I suppose it made sense that she tried to get Skye's father to give her the obelisk. Raina (usually) knows how to push people's buttons and I suppose she figured she could reason with Skye's father or maybe convince him that she might still bring Skye to him if he would just let her bring the obelisk to Whitehall.
      --So, Skye's father turns Raina down. But Raina is resourceful and when she finds Jemma working at HYDRA we think she has got a bargaining chip with SHIELD. I was seriously freaking out when she gave Coulson the ultimatum: help me or this e-mail exposing Simmons will go out to every HYDRA staff member in 2 minutes. I had a suspicion that Coulson would say no...but as the time kept ticking down I thought either he or Raina would chicken out in order to get what they wanted. I wasn't expecting Coulson to let Jemma's cover be blown! Coulson has some brass ones!!!
      --I don't think we've seen the last of Raina. She may no longer have a target on her back since Whitehall said he would kill her if she didn't bring him the obelisk and then he ends up getting the obelisk in his possession. Also, we know she is desperate to find out more about it and exactly what she will become (reference to season 1).
      --LOVING Bobbi Morse aka Mockingbird. I'm not a comic book fan and don't know anything about this character besides the fact that she already exists. Her extraction of Jemma was great. Can't wait to see more of her. I'd love to see Bobbi and Melinda spar!!!
      --Simmons is back in the fold! I can't wait to see how the dynamics change and what she'll think of the rest of the team. (We know Mack never met Simmons - he mentions to Fitz how he heard she was great. I wonder whether real Jemma will find Mack as fascinating as Head!Simmons did.) With Jemma being in awe of Mockingbird, perhaps she can get a little bit of combat training under her?
      --Hunter and his crazy ex-wife stories were just starting to grate...but I think it was a nice payoff that he used to be with Mockingbird. And again, Hunter says he met Isabelle Hartley because she was good friends with his ex. Makes sense since they were both in SHIELD.
      --The enemy of my enemy is my friend. So, Skye's father is teaming up with Daniel Whitehall - basically because he wants to kill Coulson (and probably take Skye).
      sigpic
      Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

More thoughts:

--Love the scene between Skye's father and Raina. He knows who Whitehall is, but based on the end of the ep Whitehall didn't know who he was.
        --So Skye's Father is some kind of underground doctor (hence the character name The Doctor)...and he doesn't wear gloves when he patches people up. Yikes.
        --As much as I like how Skye has changed this season, it is somewhat comforting to see elements of the old Skye in there - such as when she pushes at Coulson to give her more info about the alien writing. In a way, I'm relieved she is now in on Coulson's secret. I hope we can stop seeing them butting heads over it. She always seems like a bit of a petulant teenager when she is fighting with Coulson.
        --Skye's reaction to possibly being an alien was hilarious.
        --May shoving Skye against the wall to keep her from going to Raina was AWESOME.
        --"You're having one helluva day, huh?"
        sigpic

Comment

Wow, pretty action packed episode, while not having much action...

Interested to see where this goes next now that two evil forces are working together...

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
            Which brings up the question.. IS SHE? Cause it does not look like dad is. So that leaves mommy dearest as being potentially alien.

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
              Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Which brings up the question.. IS SHE? Cause it does not look like dad is. So that leaves mommy dearest as being potentially alien.
              Is Skye an alien? Or half-alien? Perhaps. Dad may not look like an alien, but SOMETHING is going on with him. He has knowledge of what the obelisk is called in it's "native tongue" and how to handle it. He is unstable, violent. I suppose we are supposed to believe that those things are connected. But hey - Garrett was an evil killer before he got injected with the GH serum, so it doesn't necessarily mean being injected turns you into a murderous monster.

One thing that has always bugged me - the last of the GH-325 (the serum that brought Coulson back to life) was injected into Skye. It was said over and over after T.A.H.I.T.I. how nothing was left (Simmons was upset there was nothing left in the vial to be able to test and study, so she kept drawing Skye's blood to try to learn more about how the serum works.) Garrett took a bunch of vials to give to Raina, but I had thought that none of those vials were GH-325 but probably other serums derived from the blue alien. Raina was supposed to create something that would work like the GH-325 from those vials. Obviously, whatever she synthesized did rejuvenate Garrett from the brink of death. But perhaps Garrett's madness was a side effect of the "GH cocktail" that Raina made since it wasn't the real thing. Yes, Coulson is carving the alien language, like Garrett did, but he was triggered to start writing by seeing Garrett's writing. Garrett started doing it on his own. And Garrett had all these ideas about being able to understand the universe and seeing the past, present and future, etc. Coulson hasn't been seeing anything - just having the urges to carve.

We'll just have to wait and see.
              sigpic

Comment

There was a cartoon episode where shield had a alien device that was dangerous. Turned out that the device was just a navigation part to a star ship. The aliens didn't mean for it to be a weapon. I wonder if the same thing will happen here.

Comment

WOW! Is Kyle MacLachlan a great addition to this season. I also think it is amazing that this season seems to be starting off so much stronger than the first season. One thing I think am starting to get very annoyed with is that they are not referencing the heroes at all. This show is supposed to be tied to those movies. If you can't do the crossovers or the actors are too expensive they still have to find some way to reference those characters. I mean two of those characters are members of S.H.I.E.L.D. and they haven't even been discussed since the collapse. And one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s primary functions is to be involved with those characters and they are ignoring them. It has really gotten ridiculous. Even if you can't have those characters make appearances they still have to be referenced, and for my money they need to start being referenced more often. That is a major reason this show dropped so quickly last season and they are still doing it this season. How can you claim a show is tied to those big movies and then not even reference those characters?! It is just silly. I mean, don't get me wrong, I still like the show and I want it to continue, but it won't get viewers back and gain new viewers if it keeps ignoring the elephant in the room.

Comment

True, we have had what..
                    Fury make a couple of guest appearances.
                    Several comments about both Captain America and Black widow. A few comments about Thor, as well as one ep which crossed with Lady Sif. That ep with the 'berserker rod'.

Comment

Yes, the show is supposed to tie into the general MCU, but it also needs to be strong enough to stand on its own. If there's a reason to reference the movie characters, they should, but it'd get just as annoying if they mentioned characters just to mention them.

I like that they're sort of building up a second layer of heroes and villains below the high profile ones. Plus, the last 1/3 of Season 1 and most of Season 2 so far have been a logical follow-up to Cap 2, dealing with the aftermath of the collapse of SHIELD far more thoroughly than a movie could.

Comment

I've also felt that the connections have been tenuous at best. This show is easily ignored by the movies and with the exception of Captain America 2, and Nick Fury/Agent Hill, the movies seem to be ignored as well. Simple references aren't connections, and can be handled horribly too. So I am glad that refernces are kept to a minimum. So it is a tough balance, and I think the show is still trying to find it.

I don't think the Avengers know that Shield is still around, though. If anything, it's possible that "The Director" will be mentioned but remain nameless in the next movie if the Avengers interact with Shield at all.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X