Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would a Doctor Who movie be like if directed by the following directors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would a Doctor Who movie be like if directed by the following directors...

OK what might a Doctor Who movie be like if we gave it to any of the following movie directors?

George Lucas
    Michael Bay
    Paul W Anderson
    Stephen Spielberg
    Lars Von Trier
    Paul Verhoven
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Lucas's version might have awkward romance, but he knows what he's doing. It'd be an exciting adventure, I have no doubt.
    Michael Bay would die of a nervous breakdown because they already blew up the universe.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Michael Bay would open by blowing up the universe, then using clunky sci-fi to resurrect it. Only for it to blow up again, starting with the White House.

George Lucas and Steven Speilberg would be very similar, family friendly, but Lucas' would have clunky dialogue, a kid-friendly CGI alien, and the Doctor would have a very bad feeling about something. Speilberg would film from a child's point of view.

Verhoeven would be 18 rated, the violence, nudity and sex extreme, probably intra-species, with a political sub-text.

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
        Michael Bay would open by blowing up the universe, then using clunky sci-fi to resurrect it. Only for it to blow up again, starting with the White House.

George Lucas and Steven Speilberg would be very similar, family friendly, but Lucas' would have clunky dialogue, a kid-friendly CGI alien, and the Doctor would have a very bad feeling about something. Speilberg would film from a child's point of view.

Verhoeven would be 18 rated, the violence, nudity and sex extreme, probably intra-species, with a political sub-text.

Ah darn it now you have me wishing for a Verhoven Doctor Who movie

Comment

Of course, we could play this game for a while.

What about:

Tim Burton
          David Lynch
          Peter Jackson
          Wes Anderson
          Antoine Fuqua

Comment

Would like to see a good challenge posed by Q to the Doctor by Micheal Bay and one or two scened directed by Lynch.

Comment

Originally posted by skatz4 View Post
              Would like to see a good challenge posed by Q to the Doctor by Micheal Bay and one or two scened directed by Lynch.

Knowing the Doctor I'd say he and Q are probably buddies

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                Knowing the Doctor I'd say he and Q are probably buddies
                Q tends to be capricious to the point of malicious, something I don't think the Doctor would agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                  Q tends to be capricious to the point of malicious, something I don't think the Doctor would agree with.

Yeah maybe but I'd say the Doctor knows Q.... Or has met him. I think they'd get on well.

Comment

Ooh what about the guy that did District 9 and Elysium or Tim Burton?

Comment

Yeah maybe but I'd say the Doctor knows Q.... Or has met him. I think they'd get on well.
                      I disagree. Remember the Celestial Toymaker?
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                        I disagree. Remember the Celestial Toymaker?
                        I've never seen that story

Comment

I've never seen that story

There's a whole 25 minutes of it that still exists... Thankfully the last 25, so you at least get an ending, though a beginning would be nice, too.

Michael Bay

Every other scene would involve David Tennant running down exploding corridors with a sexy girl by his side wearing a bikini for no particular reason... (Worked for JN-T too) And the inbetween scenes would have unconvincing attempts at plot...

Paul W Anderson

Can't say I knew this one, but IMDB tells me all I need to know... He would go for a Cyber movie... using this design...

Spoilered for those of a weak disposition... (seriously)
                          Spoiler:

Paul Verhoven

Well, didn't he already do an episode? Surely he directed A Town Called Mercy? All about a time travelling half man half robot seeking revenge...

For the win though...

George and Stephen, together again

Ok, I'd hate it with a passion, but so long as they were working together, I'm sure Speilberg could temper Lucas' enthusiasm just enough to make something special... Imagine the Cushing films, but good!

If we had to have an American Doctor, my only choice is Johnny Depp... and maybe Ed Norton for the Master...

back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                          and lots more!

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny Depp playing the Doctor just no...... ugh

Comment

If Johnny Depp is the Doctor, Tim Burton is directing and Helena Bonham-Carter would be the mature assistant...

Comment

Working...
                              X