Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olicity Anyone? (Oliver/Felicity)

Anyone else shipping them majorly?

And anyone seen the previews for season 3? They look good!
    sigpic
    [call me loser.]

Might be going that way, but I really liked her better with Barry Allen...which is likely not happening at this point. Seemed like a better match though.
    sigpic

Comment

They were kinda cute, but I'm glad it didn't become a thing. Would've just complicated things. Although now that he's getting his own show I'll be interested to see how they interact if they see each other. I know they're planning some crossover episodes.
      sigpic
      [call me loser.]

Comment

Well, it became a thing! I'm glad that it did. This season's mid-season cliff hanger has me wondering if it will not be a thing much longer!
        sigpic

Comment

I think I'm probably in a minority that isn't keen on Olicity. I would have preferred Barry Allan but that's doubtful. Curtis would have been cool but that won't happen.

Ray Palmer was probably the best though.
          sigpic

Comment

I liked Felicity the best with Ray as well.

I loathe Olicity lol. I actually stopped watching last season because I felt that Oliver and Felicity's relationship had taken over the show and only picked it back up again this season once I heard/read that the show had improved and that Olicity wasn't being focused so far.

I'll put everything else I have to say in spoiler tags, because I kind of went on a little anti-Olicity rant and I don't want to upset anyone or whatever by sharing my opinion/feelings on the subject.
            Spoiler:
            I loved their friendship during the first two seasons, but I really hated that the way that they were put together romantically. I know that Oliver grew to care a lot about Felicity during those first two seasons, but his sudden deep love for her and his need to be with her starting in season three came out of no where to me and seemed really forced and out of character for Oliver. And (IMO) it just got worse and more melodramatic in season 4. I grew to dislike both characters because of it, so much so, that I could barely watch scenes with the two characters together, even if they were just talking about work or the team or whatever. To me, formerly badass Oliver became a shadow of his former self, he acted like a whipped puppy with mama Felicity holding tightly onto his leash. I really hated it their dynamic. I've started liking Oliver and Felicity again this season now that the show is focused on their work relationship. They'll probably put them back together again (I really, really hope not though), but if their relationship starts getting the amount of focus that it did last season and reaches that level of yuck and melodrama, I'll most likely stop watching again. I watch TV to be entertained. I also watch too many shows to hate watch anything.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm so glad I'm not alone in that! Totally agree with what you said in the spoiler part. I've finished watching season 4 and will watch season 5 after I've got through season 2 of Flash.
              sigpic

Comment

I really wasn't into it when it was happening, but now that it's over I feel like they got rid of something they shouldn't have.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by kirsten187 View Post
                  I'm so glad I'm not alone in that! Totally agree with what you said in the spoiler part. I've finished watching season 4 and will watch season 5 after I've got through season 2 of Flash.
                  I'm glad I'm not alone as well. Have fun watching season 2 of The Flash, I really enjoyed it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X