Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to clear this up......The Replicator's 'flaw'.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to clear this up......The Replicator's 'flaw'.

I justed finished watching Unnatural Selection and I have a question. Is the 'flaw' that they can feel/experience emotions, and so only Fifth and Reese are flawed then. Sam said to Fifth that it was the others that were fllawed, but I'm guessing she just did that to get him on her side right?
    Signature oversized: Click to view.

Nah, Sam said that as he was most human the others had no heart, i felt bad for Fifth after Jack decided to leave him and lie.....

Comment

Well its a matter of perspective. To the Human form replicators (First, Second etc) having emotions is big flaw because they get in they way of machine effiecency.

But from Sam's perspective it's not a flaw at all. Having emotions is a sign of humanity, so to her Fifth is not flawed - the others are.

Comment

ah, i see, thanks.
        Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

It wasn't just their ability to feel emotions the way humans can. In Menace, part of Reese's flaw was that she had a juvenile quality which caused her to behavior very immaturely with big bad weapon toys (not a good combo). I think this carried over to Fifth. When he's torturing Sam in New Order, he almost seems like a child throwing a tantrum. Scary torture plus bratty kid, props to Patrick Currie!
          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
          Daniel: Oh! You see?
          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Reese's only flaw was the lack of control, in both range and capability, that she had on her "toys".
            Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Yes, to humans, a advantage in a machine would it be having emotions. But if you were dedicated to creating these machines - a android with "emotions", whichever it may be, would interfere with the commission of its duties.

Like Fifth.. he double thinks himself on everything and looks like hes always about to cry, IMO

Comment

Are emotions a flaw, let's see an example. You be the judge. There are points for both in there.

Cyber Leader: 'I see that Timelords possess emotional responses. Surely a great weakness in ones so powerful'
                Doctor: 'Emotions have their uses'
                Cyber Leader: 'They restrict and curtail the intellect, and logic of the mind.'
                Doctor: 'They also enhance life. When did you last have the pleasure of smelling a flower, watching a sunset, eating a well-prepared meal?'
                Cyber Leader: 'These things are irrelevant.'
                Doctor: 'For some people, small, beautiful events is what life is all about!'
                Cyber LeaderIndicates Tegan) 'You have effection for this woman?'
                Doctor: 'She's a friend, yes.'
                Cyber Leader: (to Cyber Lieutenant) 'Kill her."
                The Doctor leaps in front of the Cyber Lieutenant's weapon, blocking Tegan.
                Doctor: 'NO!'
                Cyber Leader: 'Such a reaction is not a disadvantage?'

-IMF
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                X