Forever on ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forever on ABC

So does this show have potential? The premise seems interesting, but they didn't seem to use it much during the pilot.

And I may be wrong on this but at the end of the episode, are we to understand that;

Spoiler:
    The friend who knows his secret is supposed to be his son?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
    So does this show have potential? The premise seems interesting, but they didn't seem to use it much during the pilot.

And I may be wrong on this but at the end of the episode, are we to understand that;

Spoiler:
    The friend who knows his secret is supposed to be his son?
    It just feels like the guy is Sherlock Holmes with immortality

Spoiler:
    No his friends was a Holocaust baby that Henry Morgan rescued when he was a doctor in WWII
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I think the show has promise. So long as they don't have him dying multiple times an episode it could be a fun show to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        It just feels like the guy is Sherlock Holmes with immortality
        It does, but I liked the pilot.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

My husband and I both thought this was pretty good. Funny, I did say to my husband he's a bit like Sherlock except he's not a jerk. (I still love Sherlock though, jerk and all.)

Comment

I couldn't help but notice when he said in his flashback; "The Europeans have developed..."
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
              I couldn't help but notice when he said in his flashback; "The Europeans have developed..."
              Did he mean the Continent? He did talk about France.
              sigpic

Comment

It an okay show I was just disappointed that they decided to tell this story in the context of a police show with him as a medical examiner. There so many other ways they could have told his story and more original ways as well there no shortage of police shows on our tv.

And surely the key to his curse is where he teleports to or how he ends up in the nearest body of water and where he goes to rather than what actually causes death. To me he seem to be trying to solve his problem from the wrong angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                  Did he mean the Continent? He did talk about France.
                  I'd assume so, considering the actor is using his normal Welsh accent, which is also European.

And Knowles, I agree with you that the teleporting is the more promising lead. It's obvious that he's lived in places other than New York with the immortality too, so that begs the question is it only any body of water he's brought to, or is it specifically that spot i NYC?
                  sigpic

Comment

Maybe he has to live near bodies of water. He could have just moved to port cities his whole life. Did the flash back take place in New York?
                    Last edited by Morgania; 05 October 2014, 09:17 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                      Maybe he has to live near bodies of water. He could have just moved to port cities his whole life. Did the flash back take place in New York?
                      The one with the friend who caught tuberculosis took place in New York. The bit about Europe involve a possible treatment for tuberculosis having been found there.

The fact that we now know there one second immortal with presumably the same affliction tend to point to it being the nearest body of water. It be interesting to see if it has to be a ocean or can it be in any body of water. Also the mystery man is 2000 years old, I wonder if they are going to be brave enough to link him to Jesus in any way. Like in the The Man from Earth.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 05 October 2014, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Henry doesn't seem to be going to the Atlantic when he 'dies' though. I really hope they leave out the Jesus link. It was vague in The Man from Earth, and that worked with the story. Perhaps the other immortal was with the early church or similar.
                        Last edited by Morgania; 05 October 2014, 07:21 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

It sounds to me as though you guys don't necessarily like the show.. Or are you just trying to work out the logistics?

I really like this show. I adore Henry and am really intrigued by the relationship between him and Jo as well as him and Abe and him and Lucas. I just really like the characters.

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

Personally I like the show, I'm just trying to work out things. Henry is a most interesting character. It actually took me until the third episode to realize the relationship between him and Abe though. Jo is great, and Lucas is kinda amusing.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                              It sounds to me as though you guys don't necessarily like the show.. Or are you just trying to work out the logistics?

I really like this show. I adore Henry and am really intrigued by the relationship between him and Jo as well as him and Abe and him and Lucas. I just really like the characters.
                              I like the characters but it's too familiar - the 1st ep I kept saying thru out the show - I've seen this before. (it's very similar in premise to Forever Knight or Moonlight minus the actually vampire part, or Highlander minus the sword play).

The show also has plot problems mostly jumping to conclusions with not enough data.
                              This latest ep bothered me alot on this point
                              Spoiler:
                              When we see the husband and his hand is shaking, later Henry says epilepsy. And it takes them half the episoce to consider that in the evidence. My 1st thought would have been Parkinsons or Essential Tremor - hand shanking is a much more prevelant symptom in those than epilepsy. Those are never mentioned.

At then at the end when Henry gives the solution as to how she died, yes that is a possible conclusion but there is not enough evidence to say for sure that is the actual way she died. I still thought it was the husband.

And can they just say that Abe is his son now. It's pretty obvious and if he turns out not to be, I'm going to be disappointed.

The show needs to tighten up it's writing. Maybe I've seen too many detective/police shows (and I've seen alot), but the solving the case part of the show is amateurish and if it stays like this the rest of the show is not going to be enough to keep me watching too many more episodes
                              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
                              X