• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Are Grounders, Part 1 (112)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON ONE
    WE ARE GROUNDERS, PART 1
    EPISODE NUMBER - 112
    As the camp prepares for the coming war with the Grounders, Murphy seeks revenge and winds up taking a hostage inside the drop ship. Clarke and Finn face a death sentence from their captors, and the survivors on the Ark face the prospect of only a few days of air remaining.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

Grounder 101. That's really what this episode is. In this we learn a lot about Grounder society and at the same time their is a mystery of what is going. One thing that's bothers me is how Clarke is recaptured off screen. We see her running away in the last episode but in this episode she is recaptured by Anya. Tristan coming to take over Anya's clan to me show their is some kind of cooperation between Grounder clans. I also thought the Grounders were like the old Native American tribes where they cooperated but they were separated societies. To me Tristan taking Anya's leadership suggest their is some type of cohesion between the Grounder tribes. Maybe the organization is needed to fight the Mountain Men? One thing that is fun about the rewatch is seeing things a person might miss the first time. I noticed after Lincoln rescues Clark and Finn (predictable cliché BTW) that his horse is mutated similar to the deer from the pilot. This episode is just good because it goes into Grounder society and tells us more about them. The Mountain Men and their cannibalistic Reapers I think is a large part of why the Grounders are so warlike and why they attacked the 100 when they landed. That's largely the whole point of Lincoln getting the Clark and Finn back to the dropship. Speaking of the dropship, we all saw Murphy's murdering was going to catch up to him. And honestly Bellamy trading his place for Jasper was cliché. It does establish a very important thing. It shows Bellamy's growth from the pilot. I don't think Bellamy at the start would have traded his life for another person. He would have considered Jasper's death as collateral damage. An interesting thing is how this ties together. These actions seem inconsequential to the Grounder attack. But Murphy shooting Raven and the discovery of rocket fuel are lasting impacts given how they ultimately motivate the 100 to leave after Murphy escapes. The Ark is there is in the background. Its points a picture of everyone giving up. I thought it obvious they were going to land the Ark on Earth and felt like it was stretched out for Jaha to get the idea of crashing the Ark on the season finale
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

The whole scene of the Arc crashing down after splitting up was very well done though.

Comment

Wrong episode garhakel. Wait for Part II
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked this episode for the most part, even if it was pretty much just another episode preparing us for the finale. The scene with Lincoln and Clarke riding the mutated horse in the dark looked pretty cool. We learned a little more about Grounder society and met the Reapers (they have carts filled with dead and not so dead people). When I first watched this episode I wondered who all those people were, I wondered if they maybe there were people from the Exodus ship mixed in with the Grounders (I really wanted there to be survivors from that Exodus ship, because I really didn't like how quickly and conveniently that whole plot was wrapped up lol). Loved how Lincoln led the Reapers away so that Clarke and Finn could escape them.

Again (for the most part) I liked the parts taking place on the Ark more than the parts taking place on the ground, even if there wasn't that much going on there (I think I just really like the Ark setting and most of the Ark characters more at this point).

For the most part, I did like everything going on at the kids camp with Murphy taking Jasper and then Bellamy hostage (mainly because I really like Bellamy, Raven and Murphy as characters). I never really felt like Bellamy was in any real danger from Murphy even when he was hanging there. I liked that Murphy got away since I liked the character.

I liked how Bellamy made a whole "we are grounders" speech telling everyone that they should stay and defend the place, and then Clarke kind of agrees, but tells everyone to pack up and get ready to go. I lol'd a bit when everyone listened to her, even though they were cheering after Bellamy's speech moments earlier. I liked how Bellamy mentioned that crowds make bad decisions, that's something that he learned earlier in the season (I think Clarke may have even been the one to say it to him) when he almost killed Murphy (and that led to their most recent problem with Murphy). I like how this show presents both sides to an argument (and the pros and cons to both sides), but doesn't really tell us which one is right. It's pretty much left for us to decide whether the characters made the right decisions in the end (and their decisions are never really that simple or black and white).
          sigpic

Comment

Previous tally: 89/102

###

Not my favorite of the two-part finale of season 1.

I had hoped for a sticky ending to Murphy's life. He's as much a coward as what he calls Bellamy. A selfish little bastard coward.

I don't understand they never questioned Connor's death. He was on the mend from the illness so technically speaking he should have made it, and then he didn't.

It seemed a bit implausible one Murphy's bullets made it through the floor and hit Raven, but I guess anything is possible when the story requires it.

We get to see more Grounders, and the Reapers which are just one letter away from being Reavers. They even look the part.

The whole Ark-part couldn't really keep me interested either in this part, and I guess I didn't mind my cats obscuring my view every so often during the watch.

Anywho, onwards to part II.

###

Tally:
            Total teenagers left standing --> 89

Monty still missing.

Myles killed by Murphy.

88 left standing of the 102 in total.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
            X