• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His Sister's Keeper (106)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON ONE
    HIS SISTER'S KEEPER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 106
    Bellamy leads a search party into Grounder territory to find Octavia, who has been taken captive by the warrior tribe. Raven grows suspicious of Clarke's relationship with Finn, and in the past Bellamy learns how to protect his little sister.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

Previous tally: 96/102

###

Time to learn about Bellamy and Octavia.

Population reduction would have happened eventually with a one-child policy. However, the Ark doesn't have that kind of survival time, so instead it's a law that if broken gets one floated. I do wonder when Bellamy said that their mother was floated so Octavia could live that it meant she chose her own life over that of her child, or that they simply punished her for her crime and floated her anyway, and locked Octavia up in solitude.

Octavia, the girl under the floor, had it rough growing up. But Bellamy's life obviously wasn't a walk in the park either. He has already shown he'd do everything to keep his sister safe, but I think it's time for him to realize she's quite capable of looking out for herself. She pretty much proved as much when she tries to escape from Lincoln's cave. She's resourceful and smart. And awesome, as far as I am concerned.

Raven and Clarke -- yeah, that's gonna be awkward then. For a bit anyway...

And there really is a traitor on board -- although I've forgotten entirely what and who was involved.

###

Tally:
    Total teenagers left standing --> 96

3 killed by Grounders

93 left standing of the now 102 in total.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Typical filler ep, but does a great job showing both Bellamy's character and Octavia's.

Comment

I think it's kinda of important to show the brother and sister relationship, because they are the only ones. The rest of them have no brothers or sisters as it's a forbidden practice (for obvious reasons but still).
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This one is a miss for me. The present day stuff is dull. I love Lincoln but he comes out dull in this episode. The whole search for Octavia does not interest me the slightest. The only I actually cared about in the search is the toll Belamy has in when we see his sneaking into Grounder territory has some the toll on him. Again the whole Finn being stabbed seems tacked in to let the episode continue for the next plot. I will say this I do love the final scene where both Belamy and Octavia blame each other for what happened to their mother. I find it very true of teenage sibling relationships to blame each other for your problems and the interesting part is they are both right. Belamy did lose a lot of his childhood when Octavia was born. Its a lot responsibility to ask for a child. At the same time Octavia was forced to live in a hole. These issues are often not black and white and I think the final scene does a good job of presenting. I kind of fell asleep and do not care about the Clark/ Raven story of fighting over Finn while returning to the bunker for a transmitter. Obviously we know Raven is going to solve it and I just do not care about the story. Fortunately I know it doesn't last long. The saving grace of this episode are the flashbacks. The final scene I mentioned only works because we see how hard Octavia has it and how much Belamy has sacrificed to save his little sister. It also explores more of the politics of the Ark and we see more of why he shot Jaha. I guess overall its not up to The 100's high standards but it has redeeming moments.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I really liked this episode, mostly because of Bellamy and Octavia's backstory (they became my favorite characters after this ep), but I really liked the present day scenes too. The only parts that I really disliked were the Raven and Clarke scenes and the tension between them because of Finn. Finn came off looking like a real jerk to me during this episode, especially after Raven said that "he could've waited more that 10 days" (to hook up with Clarke) when Clarke tried to explain the situation to her.
            sigpic

Comment

So Octavia spent 17 years living in one small room with just her Mother and Brother to talk to. She would be mentally and physically affected with so little stimulus.
              Whoever was in charge of filming the Ark scenes should be fired and never allowed near a studio again with the ridiculous lens flare and blinding flashes everywhere.

Comment

Perhaps that's why she was able to bond so readily with Lincoln, who was "the enemy"; she hadn't been introduced to loyalty or betrayal. No doubt such a sheltered upbringing would have some imprint on her, this might be one example.

As the setting goes, I preferred this show when it was in space. Ever since they hit the ground it's been fight these people, fight those people. Sometimes I think this show is owned by a movie special effects house that has a surplus of fake blood & gore.

I'm bored to death with all the bloody combat. If they don't do something different next year, I'll probably quit watching.
                Last edited by Annoyed; 30 August 2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

That is true.. Ever since landing on the ground, its been 1 battle for survival after another

Comment

I expected, and wouldn't mind a constant battle survival against their environment, radiation or whatever.
                    I'm just sick and damned tired of all the damned fighting between them and the various grounder societies.

Comment

Working...
                    X