Post Earth Skills (102)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON ONE
    EARTH SKILLS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 102
    Clarke forms a rescue party when she discovers that Jasper may still be alive. Bellamy tries to shore-up support for his leadership, and on the Ark Abby must convince Chancellor Jaha not to begin culling the population.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Default Re: Earth Skills (102)

Most of my critcisms for this episode are similar to the last one. To be quite honest if the show hadn't changed I probably would have given up now. Since I am writing this is the gap between Season 2 and Season 3 obviously my opinion of the show improved. This episode continues the cliché of screw the adults which annoyed me. Belamy and his gang of thugs annoy me and its hard to take them seriously. It makes no sense to mess with the Ark people when they know the last of the human race is on verge of extinction. The story of Clarke so easily finding Jasper stringed up is too easy for me. Yes I understand their is a reason the Grounders returned Jasper to The 100 but that translates to a boring story is only used to show the cliché of how terrible Clark's life easy. Once again its the boring. I find the Ark stories in these first few episodes more entertaining. Specifically I love seeing Raven and her partnership with Abby and learning more about the oxygen problem on the Ark
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Previous tally: 99 teenagers of the 101 sent down

###

This episode continues where we left off in the pilot, with Jasper wounded possibly dead and the teenagers continuing their anarchistic ways.

Wells tries to do good, but he's just not getting through. I liked Wells - he really tried but the moment he's being the jealous friend with Finn and Clarke, I was like "get over it, puppydog, she hates you".

Murphy spells trouble from day one and that continues. I had forgotten Bellamy was not being a good little boy in the beginning. Stringing that one guy up to die (or so I think he did) cause he was all over Octavia - dude, chill!

And in comes RAVEN - love her to bits. She's got spunk and I guess it's her stubborn nature that gets her to not believe what's going in the Ark. I like that Clarke tries to reason with her fellow grounded teens to keep the armbands cause of what is happening to the Ark but well... not working out great. And I love that Abigail's trying to figure a way out to find out what's going on with Clarke and the others.

Oh, and Kane... didn't like him the first time around. Still don't like him - although he will grow on me. I do like him better off the Ark.

Tally:
    99 teens left

0 deaths to report
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Are you really keeping a tally? Doesn't that get messed up in S2?
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Are you really keeping a tally? Doesn't that get messed up in S2?
    Gonna try to, but yeah it could get tricky in season 2.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

I liked this episode a lot more than the first one, but I still had issues with it. Octavia wasn't as annoying as she was in the pilot, but she still got on my nerves. I liked her scene with Monty though and the one with Atom that followed it, where he tells her that Bellamy is so overprotective because he loves her. Their later scene with the glowing butterflies was silly though.

Finn coming to Clarke's rescue, just as Bellamy was trying to force her to take off the bracelet was eye-rolling, so was the scene where he pulls her into the water. Bellamy also annoyed me during this episode.

Again, I really liked the Ark scenes. Loved Raven and loved her working with Abby. I didn't like that they made the guy that Raven had on the ground Finn (and that they showed Finn giving Clarke a little metal(?) animal figure right after the showed Raven's bird necklace dangling from her neck).

The Ark Scenes where the best part of this show early on

And OMG The Blakes Were annoying early on, I will say that Bellamy was a little bit more tolerable than Octavia, but not by much, its good they changed there characters for s2

So as of my first watch through of this show, during s1 i did not like Murphy, but during my re-watch and after watching s2 last year, im finding i can't help like him
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange