• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot (101)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON ONE
    PILOT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101
    Nearly a century after a global catastrophe, a group of teenage delinquents are sent to the surface of Earth to determine if the planet is viable for recolonization -- while the oxygen on board the orbiting Arc dwindles dangerously low.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

Honestly if the show had stayed like the pilot I probably would have gave up on the show. Its filled with clichés and the whole screw the adults and rules things of the majority of the 100 is annoying. Clark while right comes off as annoying whiner. The scenes on the Ark were probably the only part I like as it shows how fragile the society is and does a good job of describing the world they live. Luckily, I have a rule with pilots. I usually give a show 5 episodes because I know how shaky the first few episodes are. The 100 is no exception.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

When The 100 was first announced, I wasn't planning on watching but the apocalyptic backstory kinda drew me back in. It could have gone horribly wrong - shows with teenagers as main characters are usually hit or miss and I'm not willing spend a lot of time on them.

I gave it a few episodes when it first aired. I'm glad I did.

Anyhow... the pilot...

I took to Clarke from the get-go, and Jasper and Octavia. Finn too. And Jasper's friend.

I knew that Murphy was going to be a pain in the butt, and Bellamy... well, not quite sure what to think of him other than he's quite protective of Octavia.

97 years since the nuclear holocaust - scientifically speaking that would mean instant death for anyone touching down on Earth, but okay, I can suspend my belief or a bit and pretend it's possible.

Dropping the 100 down on the planet is pretty cool, and them going out into nature is pretty standard musicvideo stuff. Also no laws ... yeah, that's not going to last long. Even they will find that out soon enough. I think they wanted to show how they will learn the hard way that having rules in place aid the workings of a society,

I really liked the fluorescent plants, and the deer was freaky. Octavia going for a swim and Jasper saving her.

And then they're not alone after all -- let the fun begin!

My initial reaction to jasper getting skewered... NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Tally:
      100 teens send to Earth
      1 stowaway

101 in total

2 died on impact

99 teens left
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 15 November 2015, 08:33 AM.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

They did have the start of a good game of "99 bottles of beer on the wall", didn't they?

I too was leery of high teenager count in this show, but after a few weeks, they were behaving as reasonable adults. Glad I didn't blow it off the DVR when I saw all the teenagers.

Comment

I wouldn't classify them as "reasonable adults", but they do come to see that rules are in place for a reason, and anarchy will lead to more killings. If you like to survive then standing together is way better, than becoming divided.

Divides do make better preys though.

Comment

Addendum: I really like the drawings in Clarke's cell. Setdressing did an awesome job, especially the Arc de Tromphe on the backwall is brilliantly done.

Comment

I decided that I'd also try to rewatch the series before the new season begins.

Going by the first episode, it really seemed that this would be end up being another typical CW teen drama that I'd quickly loose interest in, only this time in a post-apocalyptic setting. We have Clarke the practical "princess"; Finn her bad boy/rebel love interest; Wells, the good guy, and Clarke's ex-best friend, who seems to have an unrequited crush on her. Octavia the rebellious, boy crazy girl who wants Finn and then goes for Jasper, the kind of nerdy kid, after he saves her from a lake monster; Monty, Jasper's sidekick. And Bellamy, Octavia's douchy older brother and the wannabe leader of the group.

Overall, I thought Clarke was ok, but didn't really care much for any of the other kids on the ground. I found Finn and his pursuit of Clarke annoying and cringe-worthy to watch. I hated e Octavia; and Bellamy really got on my nerves. Jasper getting speared at the end, and everything happening on the Ark kept me interested enough in the show to watch the next episode though, and I'm really glad that I did.
              sigpic

Comment

That awkward moment when your celebrating about crossing a river and you get speared in the chest

I liked Jasper and Monty from the start even amongst their teenage angst, just want to ask what happened to Kelly Hu's character? it seems they just phased her out
                Last edited by mr_kennedy; 01 January 2016, 10:15 PM.
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                  I liked Jasper and Monty from the start even amongst their teenage angst, just want to ask what happened to Kelly Hu's character? it seems they just phased her out
                  Quietly disappeared, never to be seen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Quietly disappeared, never to be seen again.
                    Yeah thats what i thought, she seemed like an important character in the pilot, i just thought she would resurface later, apparently not
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                      Yeah thats what i thought, she seemed like an important character in the pilot, i just thought she would resurface later, apparently not
                      Sometimes pilots are all shows get, so maybe this was a case of let's do the pilot and then see if you want to stick around if the show gets picked up. Or not. *shrug*

It certainly isn't uncommon for actors who portray less important characters to disappear from the scene after the first episode.

Comment

Working...
                      X