• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking Glass (405)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON FOUR
    BREAKING GLASS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 405
    Regina reluctantly teams up with Emma to search for the Snow Queen after Sidney, who is once again Regina's prisoner in the mirror, discovers her whereabouts and agrees to lead her to the location. With Belle babysitting baby Neal, a nervous Mary Margaret and David prepare for their first date night away from their child and find themselves on a mission to track down Will Scarlet, who has escaped from the town jail, and Elsa sees Anna in the Storybrooke woods. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 22 October 2014, 08:42 PM.

Written while watching.

-Things in the previously on that weren't actually previously on. I hate when shows do that.

-Are we getting yet another love triangle? Please no. Hook/Will/Emma would not be my favorite thing. Besides, he has a true love already.

-Yay callback to season one with Emma and Regina.

-Regina being mean, but she's obviously in so much pain. I just want to hug her.

-Snow has good reason for her attachment issues but it's also making me annoyed because it means we don't get to have kick ass snow while she's permanently attached to Neal. And now she doesn't want to adventure...

-Lily and Emma ... hmmm. Not sure what I think of that dynamic. Actually I know what I think I just don't want to voice it outloud yet.

-Normally I like snarky Regina but ... this seems a bit much.

-Prediction, Sidney has betrayed Regina to the Snowqueen. Not that I blame him. It's hard to justify what she's done to him this time. Though I think the writers have perhaps forgotten that she didn't trap him in the mirror the first time. He trapped himself with an ill thought out wish.

-"You hurt someone, do as I do, learn to live with it. Welcome to my world." Huh. Just when I thought self aware Regina might not be around this episode.

-Ice Queen's dialogue about Elsa's fear is REALLY creepy.

-And yes, Sidney betrayed her. Serves her right.

-Snow confronting Will is hilarious

-Yay Elsa. Controlling your fear. Would have been disappointed if she didn't self rescue.

-Oh God please tell me we aren't on another unhappy adopted orphan story.

-Better together. Yeah, I love the look on Regina's face.

-Awh, adorable Regina/Emma friendship scene.

-And I'm glad that David didn't trick Snow. It wasn't my favorite part of David's character.

-Okay, I'd assumed Lilly was the snow queen. I feel dumb now.

Comment

So more coherently.

The snowqueen plot. She wants a family that loves her, but it's still super unclear how what she is doing is going to bring that about. Unless it's something crazy like she wants to freeze the entire town and make little fake ice people that love her. She was obviously some sort of foster mother or group home authority figure, the way she's spoke to Emma the first time looked like she loved her, but now she's trying to kill her?

Emma and Regina. I was actually quite unhappy with how Regina treated Emma most of the episode. I know she's hurt and can be hateful, and I love snarky Regina, but this felt different. Ugly. Sad. I did like how she and Emma can still make beautiful magic together that Regina clearly enjoys... and that Regina was shocked that Emma wanted to be her friend. I am a little concerned that the snowqueen could so easily overwhelm both Emma and Regina and I'm going back to bad guys don't have to be so all powerful. I really want this show to do a bad guy again who is just really smart not just more powerful than the heroes.

Elsa's behavior is consistent with early in the movie but I've some concerns with the fact that she seems to have so little control in general. I'd have hoped that in the years since she came to be queen she'd have gotten more.

Snow's attachment issues make sense given what happened to Emma and Neal, but I'm finding them really uninteresting to watch.

In general the episode felt like a ton of setup and transition.

Comment

Maybe the show queen's lack of love from her foster kids (inc emma) is what made her hate.?

As to the Emma-regina angle. Regina was right in that Emma has NOT really done much to have her back, and has actively worked against Regina for a long time. Especially when it came to Henry.

As for Snow and Baby neil, i have known plenty of women who were that overprotective of their first borns, and since Snow had to give UP her first born, it makes some sense she would be protective as heck of this one!

Comment

So I watched this episode three times now, and each time I faint when Elsa makes the ice stairs. So flawless, so perfect! What an AWESOME homage to the movie!!! I will be honest though, I cried when they broke apart.

COME ON ALREADY DISNEY COMPANY!! MAKE FROZEN LIVE ACTION!! GIVE GEORGINA{Elsa} AND ELIZABETH{Anna} STAR BILLING!!

*shuts up and cheers as Elsa overcomes her fears*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
          X