• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Apprentice (404)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON FOUR
    THE APPRENTICE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 404
    Henry and Mary Margaret try to offer hope to Regina when she becomes frustrated over not being able to find a cure to save a frozen Marian, and Will Scarlet attempts to break into the Storybrooke library to find a special book. Meanwhile, back in the Fairy Tale Land that was, Rumplestiltskin is after a magical box that the Sorcerer’s apprentice is guarding, and he may use Elsa’s sister Anna to help him get it. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 15 October 2014, 10:29 PM.

Unless I blanked out on a lot of the episode, it changed a bit from the description, but all in all it was pretty good. Gotta admit I'm getting tired of Gold/Rumpy and hte 'is he/isn't he' thing.

This episode seemed to be a lot of set up and putting plot points into place.

A bit of fun for the emma/hook shippers, but the mommy and daddy scenes with Mary Margaret and David seem a bit odd.

I think they need to just let Henry grow up instead of trying to youngify him.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes, have a teenage Henry. Btw, Killian's hand was cursed. As people on tumblr pointed out, he's right handed (he would have used that hand). Why else would have Rumble kept it except to cause trouble for his old enemy? I think after Killian lost his hand the first time and became Hook, he was more ruthless and selfish than in the early pirate days. He even looked a little remorseful when he saw Will Scarlet too.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Perhaps the hand WAS cursed, but the true curse was in hook's mind in thinking that having the hand reattached would cause him to relaps.

Comment

The Dark One likes to mess with minds, and he mentioned something Killian was already probably a little worried about.
          sigpic

Comment

i wish hook would have just been honest with emma. as soon as he suspected the hand was cursed, he should have told her. now that web of deception will grow...
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps cause he has been a pirate so long, he no longer knows HOW to trust someone enough to be completely honest with them.

Comment

Yeah, I know. I thought he learned from the Zelena incident.
                sigpic

Comment

I think the fact that Gold is playing mind games suggests that he hasn't really changed. He's leading a double life and lies too. Which will eventually become his weakness, his need to keep it from Belle.
                  So while Regina thinks Rumple has his happy ending, he really doesn't. He can't or won't change.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe he can, but fears what doing so might mean.

Comment

To be honest I did not really care for this weeks episode, only got freaked out by that hat.....

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I was amused to notice that the Charmings (and maybe the rest of the town) are not up to date on current cameras. Snow used a Polaroid camera to take a picture of Emma in her date night dress.

Comment

Storybrooke technology is always old. Not all from 1983, but all their cars range from the mid 1990s to earlier (Regina drives a beautiful late seventies or early eighties Mercedes). All their cell phones are from the late 1990s or early 2000s, and Bell calls Emma in this episode on a hilariously large 1980s cordless phone.

So the Charmings Polaroid fits the town's level of tech.

On another subject, is anyone else really tired of men lying to their female partners right now. Hook this week on top of my intense hatred for what Rumple is doing to Belle. I really desperately want Belle to leave his ass for real this time. Not just walk out, have an ice cream and decide to come back to his lies because she is in tuw luv.

Comment

And yet since Emma came to Storybrooke, there are now a few cell phones around (even Hook has one, even if he doesn't quite know how to use it), so it's reasonable to assume that such things as digital cameras might appear here and there.

Comment

True, but look at Hook's cell phone. It's about ten generations old. If they had a digital camera it would be one of the earliest generation of them, which would look just as strange as the polaroid. Not to mention that they'd have to find a prop which for the 1990s actually turns out to be not as easy as you'd think (the british show Ashes to Ashes had a lot of trouble coming up with functional 1980s computer props). Whereas film productions have a ton of existing polaroid cameras on set for makeup, prop and set dressing continuity.

Comment

Working...
                              X