Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making Friends and Influencing People (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Friends and Influencing People (203)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON TWO
    MAKING FRIENDS AND INFLUENCING PEOPLE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 203
    With a new job working for the enemy Jemma learns that Hydra is attempting to recruit Donnie Gill, the young man with dangerous freezing abilities. While Coulson's team races to reach Donnie first, a Hydra operative attempts to brainwash a captured S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 October 2014, 08:35 PM.

Loved this ep! So suspenseful! I don't even know where to start!
    --Loved our introduction to RealSimmons in the ep (which was one of the promos for the ep). But even better, I loved that the Coulson reveal was not what I was expecting at all! I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought Jemma didn't tell the team she was going to pretend to join HYDRA and she was looking for something that might help Fitz. The confrontation from Coulson would be him saying that the team found her and knew what she was doing. This was SO much better. I like the idea of Coulson making dinner. But wasn't anyone concerned that Simmons might be under surveillance???
    --There is a very real danger that Jemma may be brainwashed by HYDRA if she is discovered to be working for SHIELD. I'm with Skye - I'm scared for Jemma! I want her out of there and back with the team. I thought maybe the team would have ICED Jemma and gotten her back that way so no one would know she had never really left the team.
    --I wonder why they were brainwashing Agent 33. I believe Ward explained that they don't do it often and it takes a long time. Were they planning to send her back to SHIELD as their own double agent? Coulson mentioned Agent 33, so I hope she wasn't already part of the new SHIELD and has given them intel on their operation. Edited to add: No, Agent 33 wasn't part of the new SHIELD - Coulson had gone on a trip to try to recruit her but HYDRA got her first. That was what he was upset about at the start of the story. Coulson says something about being tired of our best and brightest being grabbed by HYDRA. She was obviously important enough for HYDRA to want her. We will be seeing her again.
    --Fitz confronting Ward!!! WOW! It was amazing to see how freaked out Fitz was to be near Ward and then how he decided to punish Ward. I don't trust Ward's self-realization or whatever. And I don't like seeing Ward like this. I would have rather seen Ward still trying to come to terms with what he had done, to see him when he was at this lowest. But I suppose he has to be somewhat in his right mind to be useful to the team. Also - notice how Simmons was trying to stop Fitz from going downstairs, but Fitz just flat out told her she wasn't real and she was gone. Could that have been it for ImaginarySimmons? Perhaps he needed Coulson telling him that she is out on an important mission for him to stop imagining her with him.
    --Ward is dangling the promise of telling Skye about her father. How and when did he find out about Skye's father??? Raina told Ward that she thought Skye might be the baby from a story she had heard - and the baby's parents were the monsters that wiped out the village. Do we seriously think there was another conversation between Ward and Raina where she explained that she knew who and where Skye's father was, and that he was looking for her? How else might he have come to this info? Ward - I still don't like you and I don't trust you!
    --Really like May as Skye's S.O. and their talk about taking people out. Skye got through the mission, did what needed to be done - including crossing someone off (or attempting to do so). Of course Donnie's body hasn't been found...leaving things open-ended for a possible reappearance.
    --Fun to see how Lance Hunter is still trying to make amends for shooting everyone. Loved that May got to shoot him and Tripp's reaction was, "I wanted to do that." Hope we get to see Tripp get even with Hunter.

Can't wait to watch this episode again! Also LOVE the promo for next week's ep. Oct. 14th can't come soon enough!!!
    Last edited by meredithchandler73; 09 October 2014, 04:01 AM.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Favorite part was Fitz sucking out the air of Ward's cell.

Comment

Yeah I feel that this was the weakest episode myself. I just find it extremely difficult to suspend my disbelief that Simmons would have made it into Hydra. And I find it even more difficult to believe that Coulson would be able to meet her in her apartment without Hydra knowing. And I totally agree with The Baron that Fitz giving it to Ward was the best part.

Comment

Agreed that it was weaker than the first two. But still loved it. I want Fitz to deal more with Ward now. I'm sure they'll interact a fair bit though. Fitz will feel a need to understand, out of a failure to do much more.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I loved simmon's comment to the administrator.
            :I am loyal to science. If Hydra allows me to pursue it, that means i am loyal to you.

Had a squee moment when Fitz visited Ward, but didn't really like him trying to kill ward, as with his mental condition, he COULD have pushed it too far.

Comment

Working...
            X