Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
    Loved the episode. Some random thoughts, in no particular order:
    --Liking Skye much more this season. She wasn't my favorite character at the beginning of season 1, but she grew on me. I really like this more mature, focused Skye.
    --I figured that we would see a "damaged" Fitz. I thought maybe he would have physical healing to overcome but he would still have the same incredible brain so he could still help the team. Scarier for Fitz to be brain damaged and to see how he isn't handling it very well.
    --Simmons not really being there - I didn't see that coming at all. I can't quite figure out whether Fitz really thinks Simmons is right there with him or if he knows she isn't there but has to have an imaginary Simmons there to keep him going. Part of me thinks he knows she isn't real because when May was talking to Fitz and Jemma said something, Fitz repeated the same exact words. When he is talking to Simmons alone he doesn't have to finish his sentences out loud because "she" is finishing them for him. Gotta re-watch.
    --Not sure how I feel about Ward. I find it interesting that Ward seems to have gone through some major soul-searching already. He explains that he has attempted suicide and now has come to terms with who he is and what he has done. He says he doesn't doesn't expect Skye to forgive him and he promises that he will only tell her the truth for the rest of his life. I'm not ready to trust Ward. But as the line goes - he isn't a friend, but maybe he is an ally now? They certainly want to use his intel.
    --I like the use of Brigadier General Talbot's character. (FYI - I don't follow the comics, so I don't have any frame of reference about these characters beyond what I see on TV.) I do like that there are characters out there who aren't evil, but they aren't on SHIELD's side either. It will be interesting to see how they continue to run into each other. Will he ever be convinced that Coulson and his SHIELD team are the good guys?
    --I want to know more about the new people working with SHIELD. I'm refusing to believe we've seen the last of Isabel Hartley (Lucy Lawless). Anything is possible. If nothing else, we could get some kind of flashback and see her again. Why does Coulson trust Hartley and therefore trust the men she trusts?
    --Oooh! The episode centers around the original 0-8-4 - object of unknown origin. And the label "0-8-4" came about because when they were labeling all the boxes, that particular box was numbered "084" and that's what all unknown items were named from then on out. I love it!
    --Absorbing Man is a great character. Really looking forward to finding out more about him and seeing how the team tries to deal with him. It was mentioned that Garrett falsified the report to SHIELD and said he was put down. Obviously he wasn't, but was he being experimented on like Marcus Daniels? Or just kept on hold to be used when needed?
    --Did anyone catch the very quick reference Lance Hunter makes to his ex-wife? Anyone think that could be Melinda May? (We find out in "Only Light in the Darkness" - episode 19 - that she was married once.)
    --What was Ward going to tell Skye about her father?!?!? What does Ward even know about Skye's father? As far as we saw from last season, Raina tells Ward that she thinks Skye might be the baby of monsters she heard about a long time ago. Raina goes to see Skye's father (so, she was not telling the whole truth earlier? She knew for sure Skye was that baby?) but that happens after Ward had been captured. Was Ward going to tell Skye her parents were monsters? If so, why wouldn't he say "parents" instead of "father"?

I'm sure I'll comment some more after another rewatch...or four.
    I don't think Ward is all that much different than he was before. He was never all that much attached to Hydra, only Garrett and himself. Now he's still out just for himself but he also want Skye, so he's manipulating her. Even the apparent suicide attempts will just be his means of trying to twist Skye's mind into thinking that he's remorseful, but he still comes across as putting on an act.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I don't think Ward knows anything about Skye's father. I think he was just going to make something up because he knows Skye is looking for her father.

Comment

Actually i do think he knows something. BUT i do agree, i think he is trying to manipulate skye.

Comment

I've been re-watching season 2 of the great show and I've found a plot hole in this episode.
          Coulson said he was flying commercial for his worldwide recruitment drive but what happened to the SHIELD transport/Jump Jet the team used in lieu of the BUS at the end of last season?? Shouldn't they still have it or did Fury take it??

Comment

Ward stole the original. He took it when he dropped Fitz and Simmons out and nearly killed them both.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
              Ward stole the original. He took it when he dropped Fitz and Simmons out and nearly killed them both.
              Garrett and Ward had possession of THE BUS after Ward stole it form Coulson in the Episode "The Only Light in the Darkness" When Coulson, FitzSimmons and Trip were on there mission to save Coulson's lady love using a SHIELD Transport/Jump Jet. And yes when he captured FitzSimmons he dropped them out of THE BUS in a cargo pod which sank.

I'm wondering about the fate of the SHIELD Transport/Jump Jet, Coulson and what was left of the team, used to travel from Cuba to the Cybertech facility in New Mexico that Garrett finally met his end in??

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr Sean Coll View Post
                Garrett and Ward had possession of THE BUS after Ward stole it form Coulson in the Episode "The Only Light in the Darkness" When Coulson, FitzSimmons and Trip were on there mission to save Coulson's lady love using a SHIELD Transport/Jump Jet. And yes when he captured FitzSimmons he dropped them out of THE BUS in a cargo pod which sank.

I'm wondering about the fate of the SHIELD Transport/Jump Jet, Coulson and what was left of the team, used to travel from Cuba to the Cybertech facility in New Mexico that Garrett finally met his end in??
                I think Nick Fury has it!!! Nick Fury is in New Mexico AFTER he save Fitz-Simmons from the sea and bring Bambino/Coulson's revenge to Coulson in Cybertech facility. And it is last seen decking with "the BUS" when Coulson said it was "Stupid!!Stupid!!Stupid!!" to Fury that bring him back from the dead.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X