• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadows (201)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON TWO
    SHADOWS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 201
    Coulson and his team are now wanted fugitives with limited resources -- but that's not stopping them from keeping the world safe from powerful and unseen threats everywhere. However, with new members they hardly know, will S.H.I.E.L.D. ever be trusted again? (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 02 October 2014, 08:53 PM.

poor Fitz

Comment

I'm really looking forward to the Agent Carter show now. Loved the absorbing man and how dark they went with Fitz. The bad guy not being dead was so predictable but I still liked it. Is Lawless really dead or did that alien device do something to keep her alive. Those guys from the past looked pretty dead so I don't have high hopes she made it.

Comment

Wasnt expecting the Fitz twist! Was wondering why they were so concerned for him.
        Liking the new characters, but expecting a few of them to be crossed off...
        I agree, the Agent Carter show does look like it will be good.

Interested to see where they go with this season.

Comment

So many great twists and turns in this episode. Loved seeing Agent Carter starting it off and the Fitz twist was a little heartbreaking. Hoping that is a temporary thing. I miss the Fitz-Simmons banter.
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
            Well, from reading episodes descriptions, seems she'll be in episode 3...

Comment

Loved the episode. Some random thoughts, in no particular order:
              --Liking Skye much more this season. She wasn't my favorite character at the beginning of season 1, but she grew on me. I really like this more mature, focused Skye.
              --I figured that we would see a "damaged" Fitz. I thought maybe he would have physical healing to overcome but he would still have the same incredible brain so he could still help the team. Scarier for Fitz to be brain damaged and to see how he isn't handling it very well.
              --Simmons not really being there - I didn't see that coming at all. I can't quite figure out whether Fitz really thinks Simmons is right there with him or if he knows she isn't there but has to have an imaginary Simmons there to keep him going. Part of me thinks he knows she isn't real because when May was talking to Fitz and Jemma said something, Fitz repeated the same exact words. When he is talking to Simmons alone he doesn't have to finish his sentences out loud because "she" is finishing them for him. Gotta re-watch.
              --Not sure how I feel about Ward. I find it interesting that Ward seems to have gone through some major soul-searching already. He explains that he has attempted suicide and now has come to terms with who he is and what he has done. He says he doesn't doesn't expect Skye to forgive him and he promises that he will only tell her the truth for the rest of his life. I'm not ready to trust Ward. But as the line goes - he isn't a friend, but maybe he is an ally now? They certainly want to use his intel.
              --I like the use of Brigadier General Talbot's character. (FYI - I don't follow the comics, so I don't have any frame of reference about these characters beyond what I see on TV.) I do like that there are characters out there who aren't evil, but they aren't on SHIELD's side either. It will be interesting to see how they continue to run into each other. Will he ever be convinced that Coulson and his SHIELD team are the good guys?
              --I want to know more about the new people working with SHIELD. I'm refusing to believe we've seen the last of Isabel Hartley (Lucy Lawless). Anything is possible. If nothing else, we could get some kind of flashback and see her again. Why does Coulson trust Hartley and therefore trust the men she trusts?
              --Oooh! The episode centers around the original 0-8-4 - object of unknown origin. And the label "0-8-4" came about because when they were labeling all the boxes, that particular box was numbered "084" and that's what all unknown items were named from then on out. I love it!
              --Absorbing Man is a great character. Really looking forward to finding out more about him and seeing how the team tries to deal with him. It was mentioned that Garrett falsified the report to SHIELD and said he was put down. Obviously he wasn't, but was he being experimented on like Marcus Daniels? Or just kept on hold to be used when needed?
              --Did anyone catch the very quick reference Lance Hunter makes to his ex-wife? Anyone think that could be Melinda May? (We find out in "Only Light in the Darkness" - episode 19 - that she was married once.)
              --What was Ward going to tell Skye about her father?!?!? What does Ward even know about Skye's father? As far as we saw from last season, Raina tells Ward that she thinks Skye might be the baby of monsters she heard about a long time ago. Raina goes to see Skye's father (so, she was not telling the whole truth earlier? She knew for sure Skye was that baby?) but that happens after Ward had been captured. Was Ward going to tell Skye her parents were monsters? If so, why wouldn't he say "parents" instead of "father"?

I'm sure I'll comment some more after another rewatch...or four.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I enjoyed the episode. I think it is a really good start to the season. My one big complaint is Simmons not being there. I absolutely don't buy that she would abandon Fitz and the way it was put it sounds like that is exactly what she did. Maybe she went off looking for a way to fix him, but that still doesn't quite seem to fit. Anyway, I liked everything else.

Comment

I think it was interesting. I kind of watch off and on and caught up on the premiere today. Lots of intriguing stuff going on, but I think they made that general played by Nathan from Heroes too stupid. Something's got to be going on with that because it's hard to believe the guy could really be that unsavvy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                    I enjoyed the episode. I think it is a really good start to the season. My one big complaint is Simmons not being there. I absolutely don't buy that she would abandon Fitz and the way it was put it sounds like that is exactly what she did. Maybe she went off looking for a way to fix him, but that still doesn't quite seem to fit. Anyway, I liked everything else.
                    It does seem very out of character for Simmons to leave. I have to believe she is looking for something that might help Fitz. But also, I do think she may have a hard time handling how Fitz admitted his feelings for her right before he sacrificed himself to save her. I do hope we get the real Simmons back soon!

Upon further viewings, I've decided that Fitz does know in some part of his mind that Simmons isn't really there. When May goes to visit Fitz in the lab and asks about the metal they found, Fitz isn't sure he is seeing what he is seeing (the metal turning into flesh and bleeding) and when May confirms it he is relieved that she is seeing the same thing. Also, May asks a question and Simmons says, "That shouldn't be too hard" and Fitz says the exact same thing right after her.

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
                    I think it was interesting. I kind of watch off and on and caught up on the premiere today. Lots of intriguing stuff going on, but I think they made that general played by Nathan from Heroes too stupid. Something's got to be going on with that because it's hard to believe the guy could really be that unsavvy.
                    I didn't think that General Talbot was particularly stupid. I think he thinks like a military man and not like a spy, so that's how Team Coulson has been able to evade him.
                    Last edited by meredithchandler73; 25 September 2014, 08:23 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Lady Blue:

I really love you McKay banner!!!! I miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                        Wasnt expecting the Fitz twist! Was wondering why they were so concerned for him.
                        Liking the new characters, but expecting a few of them to be crossed off...
                        I agree, the Agent Carter show does look like it will be good.

Interested to see where they go with this season.
                        I felt real bad for Fitz, and was wondering was simmons all in his head. Then it got confirmed later in the ep, and i felt even more sorry for Fitz. To save the woman he loves only to lose her cause she doesn't want to be around him to make things worse...
                        As to Carter, was real shocked she just grabed the item out of the crate and started getting her hand/arm croffed over. Was even more shocked she asked her 2ic to cut her arm off.
                        Was more shocked to see Mr absorbing man had gotten out AND had gotten further up the road than they did, in an SUV!

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                        Being military, i have seen my fare share of wounded soldiers/sailors come back, and seen their loved ones distance themselves, cause they fear their able bodied ness, might act as a negative effect to their loved one's recuperation. So it was not as outlandish as some may think.

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                          I didn't think that General Talbot was particularly stupid. I think he thinks like a military man and not like a spy, so that's how Team Coulson has been able to evade him.
                          I don't know. I just think a general should be someone who thinks tactically and strategically. He didn't seem to be doing that much at all. He woke up with a phone in his hand after being captured by his enemy, and didn't even think to check to see if the phone was his and why he was left in that particular situation. I just think someone of average intelligence would probably be suspicious in that situation, and he should be above average considering he rose to where he is. But, maybe it was nepotism?

Originally posted by Booklover View Post
                          Lady Blue:

I really love you McKay banner!!!! I miss him.
                          Thank you very much. I had fun making it. Feel free to use it if you'd like. I miss the whole team.

sigpic

Comment

Either that or he was so hyped up that he WAS taken, he wasn't thinking straight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
                              I miss the whole team.
                              Personally I only really miss McKay and Zelenka . . . and Carter . . . and Woolsey . . . and Beckett . . . and Keller . . . oh wait.

But those are my favorite SGA characters.

Comment

Working...
                              X